Kate Hutchins (@kateehutchins)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I cba to watch her vlogs and find her so boring to listen to, can someone explain the professional photographer thing? Did they hire someone to come to Mykonos on their girls holiday and take pics of them..?

Reactions: 2
Great spot, 🫤 meh.. he looks sleazy with the gross slicked back hair, don’t get a good vibe from him at all, looks moody & strange he never smiles in any of the photos. Never trust a man who doesn’t smile. Probably about 30/32 & at a guess 5 ft 9. I think from his small frame, he is the same guy she went to Ibiza with - their body language was off with him sitting up away from her watching the sunset. Massive downgrade & sadly she does seem unhappy, no glow of someone in love. Contrast to her photos taken in Mykonos in Aug when she looked truly happy.

Also don’t get her desperate rush to date just anyone, only shows she’s very insecure who needs the validation of men. Kate is a catch & will have much better options if she takes her time avoiding Yasmin’s dodgy friends. Yasmin’s such a gold digger presuming her holiday romance of a few days is practically an engagement already. Maybe Kate is a secret smoker ( appetite suppressant) otherwise nothing worst than kissing a smoker when you don’t smoke, awful breath & they stink of cigarettes/ cigars. 🤢

From the photos they don’t look that wealthy, more like faking the luxury lifestyle. Most men who frequent any Mayfair private clubs are game players & so many are pretending to be rich. You don’t have to be a paid member of these private clubs to go to them, just have to know someone who is / right connections to make you a reservation. Although they look fancy & glamorous, reality the scene is quite sordid with lots of obvious prostitutes/ gold diggers openly waiting to be picked by older rich men for the night or already with clients with open coke use in toilets. No decent man would bring his respectable pretty young girlfriend to them ( as others there will just presume Kate is also a yachter), plenty other nice places in London to go to away from that Mayfair bubble.

I live in Dubai, Middle Eastern & Turkish men are well known to use white western women for sex, promise them the earth by giving lots of presents & flowers. Enjoy a lavish lifestyle & free holidays for a while but the guys don’t ever respect these women at all & can be very controlling. Always cheating with other gullible women. No prospect of any future together as they will never marry or commit to them long term, never works out so it’s pointless to date them seriously. Hope Kate doesn’t get taken advantage of, she’s only 25 & bit naive to the dark side of that world. Sadly many smart women do get conned & used, as they arrogantly or naively think it will never happen to them.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Never commented on this thread before so hello! :)

What has happened to Kate? She used to be sweet. A bit boring but I used her for outfit inspiration, she always looked nice and put together. Enter Yasmin and what the duck?! I'm guessing it must all have been an act.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what the hell is that River Island ad? Both pretending to eat food (so toxic, look at us we are so skinny but we eat loads of pizza and pasta bullshit) and just talking about themselves. How does this tie in to River Island in any way?! No mention of the clothes at all? I don't get the point of it, it just seems very self indulgent trying to make out like they are edgy bad girls, who can scoff pizza and behave badly (holiday romances, getting boys numbers, not vanilla at all) and in no way sells what they are supposed to be selling. Very low engagement too. Just bizarre.

Have unfollowed her.

Reactions: 27
Never commented on this thread before so hello! :)

What has happened to Kate? She used to be sweet. A bit boring but I used her for outfit inspiration, she always looked nice and put together. Enter Yasmin and what the duck?! I'm guessing it must all have been an act.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what the hell is that River Island ad? Both pretending to eat food (so toxic, look at us we are so skinny but we eat loads of pizza and pasta bullshit) and just talking about themselves. How does this tie in to River Island in any way?! No mention of the clothes at all? I don't get the point of it, it just seems very self indulgent trying to make out like they are edgy bad girls, who can scoff pizza and behave badly (holiday romances, getting boys numbers, not vanilla at all) and in no way sells what they are supposed to be selling. Very low engagement too. Just bizarre.

Have unfollowed her.
Yeah since Yasmin she just seems so different and that ad was awful lol

Reactions: 10
This latest vlog made me quite sad, Kate seemed so out of place and in a very unnatural to her setting. It was heartbreaking when she said she missed Bee, it really seemed like she didn't have a good trip.

Reactions: 11
Oh I know, it's like she grew 8 inches in her twenties :D
😂 don’t know why she is now over doing editing her photos - she’s only 5ft 4, looks weirdly stretched body in the bikini shots. ( Can easily isolate the figure & edited it but keeping the original background unedited). She looked a lot healthier & normal proportions in her older less edited bikini photos. Influencers should be made to declare edited photos like with Ads / gifted, as it’s false representation & harmful.

Instagram is now having a big update - everyone’s feed will look like TikTok full screen format, mainly video content promotion & making it difficult to view carousels of photographs posts (multiple photo dumps). Hopefully it will discourage influencers from doing this weird stretching of photos / body photoshop lies as video editing is more difficult, apart from using an overall filter. It will also effect engagement as likes & comments are less emphasised. Influencers will have to make more effort to be noticed.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Just watched the Mykonos vlog I'm sorry but it's SO boring seeing yet another jewellery ad/haul, especially as this is a travel vlog. Maybe it's me but the pieces from Astrid and Miyu/Mejuri always look the same anyway? So bored of it. Did feel for Kate when she mentioned missing Bee though, she did seem a bit separate from the group.

Reactions: 7
😂 don’t know why she is now over doing editing her photos - she’s only 5ft 4, looks weirdly stretched body in the bikini shots. ( Can easily isolate the figure & edited it but keeping the original background unedited). She looked a lot healthier & normal proportions in her older less edited bikini photos. Influencers should be made to declare edited photos like with Ads / gifted, as it’s false representation & harmful.

Instagram is now having a big update - everyone’s feed will look like TikTok full screen format, mainly video content promotion & making it difficult to view carousels of photographs posts (multiple photo dumps). Hopefully it will discourage influencers from doing this weird stretching of photos / body photoshop lies as video editing is more difficult, apart from using an overall filter. It will also effect engagement as likes & comments are less emphasised. Influencers will have to make more effort to be noticed.
Wow didn't know that!

It’s such a shame as Kate had an incredible
Figure before all the weight loss. I really do feel like it’s since the yasmin friendship that this body editing and weight loss thing has started and that is so sad. That group did not seem her vibe at all, they all seemed very loud and brash

Reactions: 7
Her latest pics are massively stretched especially her torso it’s so obvious
Only think I will say, I had an ed when I was younger and I’m the same height at Kate and I looked like I had a super long torso but it was because it was literally bones, and so narrow it seemed longer. I do think she stretches pics but I think her weight contributes to it as well

Reactions: 4
Kate sadly has changed so much since meeting Yasmin - lost herself, becoming a drunk party girl, insecure vibe with her editing, dieting, faking a bad witch personality & desperation for any rich man. Clearly she didn’t fit in with Yasmin’s brash drunk friends, maybe she’ll open her eyes to her toxic presence soon. Does she really want to become like them? Jewellery adverts in every vlog is boring, shows she doesn’t care about her content anymore - just about making money.

Comment on her vlog, Kate said she is going to Bodrum soon. No doubt she’ll pretend to be going with “Sarah” / mystery group of friends again instead of her greasy Turkish boyfriend, Armin, who will be paying for everything. Predictably will not show anything but say she had a wild best time like all her trips this year, yet seems unhappy. Probably be on a social media break again. It was poignant in her Mykonos vlog, she kept mentioning her last holiday there, (only 9 months ago with Greg), how it was a romantic trip, great time at Principote Beach club & fun quad biking to get around - memories on her mind. Plus her wishing Bee was there, she obviously isn’t happy at the moment & faking it. Only fooling herself, hope she sees sense soon & takes care of herself.

Kate sadly has changed so much since meeting Yasmin - lost herself, becoming a drunk party girl, insecure vibe with her editing, dieting, faking a bad witch personality & desperation for any rich man. Clearly she didn’t fit in with Yasmin’s brash drunk friends, maybe she’ll open her eyes to her toxic presence soon. Does she really want to become like them? Jewellery adverts in every vlog is boring, shows she doesn’t care about her content anymore - just about making money.

Comment on her vlog, Kate said she is going to Bodrum soon. No doubt she’ll pretend to be going with “Sarah” / mystery group of friends again instead of her greasy Turkish boyfriend, Armin, who will be paying for everything. Predictably will not show anything but say she had a wild best time like all her trips this year, yet seems unhappy. Probably be on a social media break again. It was poignant in her Mykonos vlog, she kept mentioning her last holiday there, (only 9 months ago with Greg), how it was a romantic trip, great time at Principote Beach club & fun quad biking to get around - memories on her mind. Plus her wishing Bee was there, she obviously isn’t happy at the moment & faking it. Only fooling herself, hope she sees sense soon & takes care of herself.
THIS ! I really liked her but ever since Yasmin showed up and she split from Greg she has changed SO much.

Reactions: 12
THIS ! I really liked her but ever since Yasmin showed up and she split from Greg she has changed SO much.
I actually think she as a person hasn't changed, it's the surrounding people that have changed. As you can see from the vlogs she is uncomfortable in these new situations and tries to fit in...

I do feel sorry for her now tbh. I think these holiday comments show she's realising the mistake she's made with Yas. Fundamentally, for all her annoying habits etc Kate is a nice, polite, fairly quiet girl and she will struggle to get of someone as domineering as Yas. I can also imagine Yas getting nasty on her, she obv knows where some bodies are buried. Nothing major probably, but stuff like lying on holiday etc I can imagine Kate being very bothered about that coming out. Women like Yas can be like toxic boyfriends.

Reactions: 14
Exactly the big change of lifestyle has been for the worse, trying to copy Yasmin’s personality & style becoming a fish out of water. Kate clearly isn’t convinced by her own declarations that she’s now having a great time - forced smiles in photos with no real joy in her eyes & negative comments. Can tell Yasmin is a bullying witch, type who’ll be super clingy, fake over friendliness but very manipulative, quickly turn on you & nastily spread rumours. Energy in the River Island Ad is off as if Yasmin tests Kate to see if she is cool enough/ mean girl. Influencer scene is vapid with fake instant friends using each other.

Foolish rushing into rebound relationships with no time to focus on herself, likely harassed by Yasmin to date her rich friends pushing her to cheat on & dump Greg quickly. Thought it was weird, Yasmin ended her on/ off long term 7 yrs relationship at the same time as Kate, type to selfishly push let’s be single & have fun together in Mayfair but just wanting a wing man. Now both grabbing the first rich men that gives them any attention like they’re desperate, both their exes must now think they had a lucky escape & how shallow the girls are.

Any guy hanging around Mayfair clubs ostentatiously likely to be a fake slimeball playboy using gullible women for sex. Unless Kate is so determined to get what she wants in life & she will do anything to get it. She mentioned in her vlog that one day she wants to set up her own fashion label - will do a version of her white cover up dress so is already actively planning it. Turkey is the clothing textile manufacturing hub in Europe - Bee goes to factories there for New Look regularly. It would be very handy to have a rich Turkish boyfriend for connections & investment. Possibly more of a cold strategic relationship than any genuine love match, as it isn’t making her happy at the moment. Feel sorry for her if this is the path she has chosen to go down. Hopefully if Yasmin goes off with her sugar daddy, Kate can find herself again.

Reactions: 5
She looks dead behind the eyes.

Sad if she’s doing all this and making herself miserable purely to bag a rich man. She’s wealthy in her own right, just have fun and find someone you love, regardless of the size of his wallet. I couldn’t live my life like this. Can imagine her having a breakdown in a few years if she continues.

Reactions: 11
I unfollowed Kate a couple of months ago. Occasionally, I'll see if she's snapped back to reality, but it doesn't appear so.

A few thoughts...

Kate sometimes uses a tactic called "sadfishing" which is, essentially, where people discuss their personal struggles (real or not), thus deepening the emotional, parasocial connection between follower and influencer. Sadfishing is very common amongst influencers as it yields an increase in social media engagement and, unfortunately, is a great marketing tool. I don't doubt that Kate has true, personal struggles and bravo that she sometimes candidly shares those feelings (eg., "I've been feeling a bit down."). However, I take issue when those sentiments are part of a sponsored video. No matter her intentions, it feels dirty. I suppose Kate isn't as bad as some influencers who sadfish then IMMEDIATELY segue into an advertisement (eg., "I haven't been feeling myself, but to make myself feel better, I do a little retail therapy at H&M. Use my code for 20% off, today!"). I hope behind-the-scenes, Kate has a support system (other than Yasmin) that builds her up, listens, and makes her feel valued when she is feeling down.

Often, influencers build their brand around relatability. Maybe they shop consignment. Maybe they love finding affordable dupes for luxury items. Maybe they don't use filters/Photoshop and show their true skin. Maybe they balance their luxury shopping with thrifted goods and DIY projects. I think, for many of us, we follow/followed Kate because of her minimalist, Parisian, effortless style that meshed well with her demure personality. At some point, it became clear that her goals either changed or her goals were hiding behind a façade of relatability in order to obtain the following and lifestyle she desired. Her cost-per-wear argument does not make the expensive item (and herself) any more relatable. Don't get me wrong - I see nothing wrong with working hard and saving for Hermès Oran sandals, Chanel bag, or another apartment/home. However, it needn't become one's personality or a strategy to set oneself apart from the rest. I know plenty of men and women (myself included) who have a penchant for the finer things in life but do so in a humble, non-braggart sort-of-way. Buy that bag or those sandals! ...but don't "casually" (purposefully) place them in every single one of your posts. That's not fashion or style, that is logomania as well as an ever-present [false] reminder to young, impressionable followers that logos, brands, and expensive taste equates beauty, likes, and relevancy. If she'd trust herself and her style, people will like her photos even without a luxury logo in frame.

I think we can almost all agree that the change we've seen in Kate happened as she spent, and continues to spend, more time with Yasmin. It is great (and healthy) to have friends with different backgrounds and personalities. BUT when that friend exhibits toxic traits and is making you feel less-than, that is NOT a friend. From the extreme weight-loss, to Photoshopping, to spending money left and right, whether she realizes it or not, Kate has allowed someone to steal her sunshine and play a large role in her life in just a short amount of time.

An undocumented hiatus (no IG posts and no YouTube videos) would do her some good. Go on a vacation to the countryside. Set aside the "influencing" for a month or two. Pick up some part-time, freelancing work. Reset. I'm not sure, but it is clear that the competitive influencer life is unhealthy.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.