Kardashian’s and Co! - Keeping Up With The KarTrashian’s

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because your mental health affects your judgement and, in turn, your ability to make sound decisions. Nobody is saying he made the correct decision by coming off his meds. That is just the explanation he has given before and it fits the timeline now, and makes much more sense than him discussing the termination of his child as some sort of warped publicity stunt as people are claiming.

It is actually a really common problem for those managing the disorder, because when you begin to feel better you may want to discontinue treatment as a result, as you feel it is no longer required, but it is precisely because of the treatment that you feel that way. Its a regular occurance with those in long term treatment for mental health and personality disorders. It is much more complex that just "dulling his creativity", but it plays a huge part in his career and is one element of the treatment which he has discussed in the past and is relevant to the timeline if events now hence me only referring to that element of his decision.

People do not dismiss those with eating disorders and ask "why dont they just eat, everyone is so worried. How selfish of them to starve themselves like that and have their family stressed". They don't make comments like "its so selfish that he tried to end his life when his family would miss him". People, quite rightly, have empathy for the complexity of mental health problems. Yes he has a responsibility to seek treatment and take it seriously, but he is also quite clearly battling a severe mental health issue and not of sound mind, given the context of why this discussion started.
1. That’s completely different from the original argument. The original case in his defence is that he comes off his medication because it ‘dulls his creativity’, which is why this has all conveniently coincided with his album release, rather than it being a publicity stunt. That suggests he fully and completely knows the risks and is coming off the meds to do the album work.

Him coming off the meds because he thinks he is feeling better, completely unrelated to the album work - despite no doubt being surrounded by the best doctors having advised him he needs to stay on the meds regardless of whether he feels any better - is totally unrelated.

2. The eating disorder comparison is absolutely ridiculous. I didn’t say anything like that and you know it. The implication that I don’t have empathy for mental health sufferers is wildly offensive!

Anyway, I think we should get back to the Kardashians and the latest publicity stunts and/or stupid thing one of them has bought and/or which one of them has now apparently got herself pregnant again! 🤡

Reactions: 1
1. That’s completely different from the original argument. The original case in his defence is that he comes off his medication because it ‘dulls his creativity’, which is why this has all conveniently coincided with his album release, rather than it being a publicity stunt. That suggests he fully and completely knows the risks and is coming off the meds to do the album work.

Him coming off the meds because he thinks he is feeling better, completely unrelated to the album work - despite no doubt being surrounded by the best doctors having advised him he needs to stay on the meds regardless of whether he feels any better - is totally unrelated.

2. The eating disorder comparison is absolutely ridiculous. I didn’t say anything like that and you know it. The implication that I don’t have empathy for mental health sufferers is wildly offensive!

Anyway, I think we should get back to the Kardashians and the latest publicity stunts and/or stupid thing one of them has bought and/or which one of them has now apparently got herself pregnant again! 🤡
Yes because mental health is that black and white...

I already told you, the discussion about it dulling his creativity was discussed in isolation to any other factors as it was in relation to the timing of his breakdown, coinciding with his album. It also wasn't a "defense". People rarely make decisions based on isolated reasons, there are many factors at play. His creativity was one reason that we know of for why he doesnt like being on medication as he has spoken about that. Again, mental health is never black and white. It is complex. If he felt he was well enough to come off his medication then choosing to do so, with creative reasons being one/only driving factor for wanting to, that wouldnt have seemed like a risky choice at the time. Professionals can advise but ultimately it is the patients choice. Mental health is not linear, its not a case of unwell/well, there are many shades of grey in between so again, my only point is discussing it in absolutes is wrong. Its only my opinion you don't have to agree.

I never alluded to you saying anything. I gave examples of how people would never view a mental health disorder in simple terms like that, so people shouldn't view bipolar disorder in such a rigid way without empathy for the complexity of the disorder. I cant help the fact you took offense to a commwnt that didn't even apply to you.
(Edit: that last bit comes off as a bit passive aggressive, but i just genuinely mean, I wasn't directing it your direction so apologies if you were offended but there's nothing I can do about that, I just gave an opinion on the narrative that exists right now surrounding his manic episode where he seems incredibly distressed)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes because mental health is that black and white...

I already told you, the discussion about it dulling his creativity was discussed in isolation to any other factors as it was in relation to the timing of his breakdown, coinciding with his album. It also wasn't a "defense". People rarely make decisions based on isolated reasons, there are many factors at play. His creativity was one reason that we know of for why he doesnt like being on medication as he has spoken about that. Again, mental health is never black and white. It is complex. If he felt he was well enough to come off his medication then choosing to do so, with creative reasons being one/only driving factor for wanting to, that wouldnt have seemed like a risky choice at the time. Professionals can advise but ultimately it is the patients choice. Mental health is not linear, its not a case of unwell/well, there are many shades of grey in between so again, my only point is discussing it in absolutes is wrong. Its only my opinion you don't have to agree.

I never alluded to you saying anything. I gave examples of how people would never view a mental health disorder in simple terms like that, so people shouldn't view bipolar disorder in such a rigid way without empathy for the complexity of the disorder. I cant help the fact you took offense to a commwnt that didn't even apply to you.
Errrr, the thread went like:
1. This is a shame for Kanye
2. I wonder if it could be a publicity stunt
3. No it’s not he comes off his meds to be creative
4. Oh well that’s ridiculous for his family in that case
5. How dare you not understand the complexity of mental health it’s not black and white why don’t you understand it

🤷‍♀️

Re the eating disorder thing, as it was in reply to my point, directed at me, I don’t see how I could assume it wasn’t to “apply” to me.

For what it’s worth, my point wasn’t “simple”. A true comparison would be someone with an eating disorder, who has medication that helps them manage it and stay in control, who knows they have to stay on the meds for life, who purposefully comes off the meds to write some rap songs, knowing full well that they are risking a meltdown which would be witnessed around the globe which would put their relationship with their family at risk and cause unimaginable harm to them. For the sake of some songs. So, erm, telling a person with an eating disorder to “just eat” is not the same. I’m sorry you couldn’t see that.

As I said, let’s get back to the Kardashians and stop trying to derail the thread, I doubt anyone else cares about this.

Reactions: 2

Kim's just carrying on filming the krap reality show.

I would post the Daily Mail article with exclusive photos but I might be accused of working for the DM.

Not the only one to "Break the sillence"

PMK has also "broken silence", she is alleged to be ignoring Kanye right now.

Some others have come out of the woodwork too, mainly talk about the dreaded D word.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I see he's threatening to divulge Kardashian secrets on twitter if Kim attempts another intervention...

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Errrr, the thread went like:
1. This is a shame for Kanye
2. I wonder if it could be a publicity stunt
3. No it’s not he comes off his meds to be creative
4. Oh well that’s ridiculous for his family in that case
5. How dare you not understand the complexity of mental health it’s not black and white why don’t you understand it

🤷‍♀️

Re the eating disorder thing, as it was in reply to my point, directed at me, I don’t see how I could assume it wasn’t to “apply” to me.

For what it’s worth, my point wasn’t “simple”. A true comparison would be someone with an eating disorder, who has medication that helps them manage it and stay in control, who knows they have to stay on the meds for life, who purposefully comes off the meds to write some rap songs, knowing full well that they are risking a meltdown which would be witnessed around the globe which would put their relationship with their family at risk and cause unimaginable harm to them. For the sake of some songs. So, erm, telling a person with an eating disorder to “just eat” is not the same. I’m sorry you couldn’t see that.

As I said, let’s get back to the Kardashians and stop trying to derail the thread, I doubt anyone else cares about this.
I am sorry you are taking my posts so personally- genuinely.

I quoted your post and the first paragraph of that reply was in response to a point you made. Not directed at you or about you, but one point of discussion you happened to bring up. The rest, which was broken into separate paragraphs, was my own thoughts expanding on what I had written, about the narrative surrounding kanye. Including one element you had mentioned.

I am not going to continue discussing it with you, but just wanted to clarify the above because clearly you still seem to think all of my points were solely directed at you/about you, when they were really not. They are there for people to read and take from them what they will, so no need for the rewrite, thanks. If I was directing the other analogies at you, I'd have spoken directly to you, not about "people" generally. There was no "how dare you" in any of my posts, I wrote about misgivings I personally have about societys attitude to mental health, and the vast differences in how people react to different disorders and the level of empathy offered based on same- which was evidenced by the commentary surrounding kanyes breakdown specifically. It is something I have witnessed for years now through my professional work and my own personal experience with a "mainstream" anxiety disorder for which people offer plenty of unwavering empathy and understanding. Again, nothing about you.

I have clarified that my points weren't about you personally, if you continue to take them as such after I have explicitly clarified that for you, twice now, there is nothing more I can do 🤷🏼‍♀️
You've already drawn a line under the discussion, so I will happily drop that, but it clearly needed clarifying again that my posts were not about you, they were about the narrative that exists within society about kanye, his treatment, and mental illness generally. One of your points happened to touch on that. That's all, it was not about you at all. I dont know you. You weren't being attacked, or judged or anything else. I gave my own opinions, just as you had done. If you don't agree then I'm happy for you to debate the points on their merit, go off! This is an awful long post on a thread about the kardashians....

Enjoy your day! x

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.