Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you me?! I found their van renovation videos really interesting but stopped as soon as they started driving it.

They’re nice people but not as compelling as K&N.
Was so gutted for them when that lorry crashed into their van after they’d done all that hard work 😭 at least they were able to fix it. I see they recently had another video of them doing more work to the van but haven’t watched that one. I think they’ll have a baby soon from what they said in one of their videos. I think these people have the dream job I’m so jealous 😂 especially Kara and Nate the places they get to stay are amazing

Reactions: 1
Was so gutted for them when that lorry crashed into their van after they’d done all that hard work 😭 at least they were able to fix it. I see they recently had another video of them doing more work to the van but haven’t watched that one. I think they’ll have a baby soon from what they said in one of their videos. I think these people have the dream job I’m so jealous 😂 especially Kara and Nate the places they get to stay are amazing
Would you still watch them if they have a baby? I have no real interest in watching people drag a baby/toddler around (e.g. flying the nest). I watch for escapism and that just kills it for me.

Reactions: 6
Would you still watch them if they have a baby? I have no real interest in watching people drag a baby/toddler around (e.g. flying the nest). I watch for escapism and that just kills it for me.
Not sure I think I would if they still travelled abroad). For some reason I don’t seem to like watching when people travel their own country. Like the van videos I couldn’t be bothered with any of the 3 (flying the nest/Kara Nate/endless adventure). But I loved the videos where flying the nest took Hunter to Disneyland/cruise and all their vlogs as Hunter look to be having a great time and I didn’t think their content changed too much with them having her there as they still filmed bits without her like going on rides whilst their friends looked after her or when she napped. I also really liked their video on Hunter choosing where they were going as again they’d still filmed bits whilst she napped. Hunter always seems so happy from what I’ve seen, obviously probably just because they pick to show them moments rather than others though. But again I hadn’t watched their van videos around Australia so went from seeing Hunter just being a newborn to walking and talking a bit. (I did watch their video of her meeting Jess’ family for the first time that was cute). I do think flying the nest are probably my favourite out of the 3 though so I don’t know if I’d watch the others if they had a kid.

Flying the nest has always been pretty nauseating but I’ve watched odd ones of places I’m visiting. It’s awful now with child. It’s like sharing videos of your child doing their ‘firsts’ which no one else except the parents care about. It’s not longer about the places just about the child for me.

Reactions: 2
Flying the nest has always been pretty nauseating but I’ve watched odd ones of places I’m visiting. It’s awful now with child. It’s like sharing videos of your child doing their ‘firsts’ which no one else except the parents care about. It’s not longer about the places just about the child for me.
It will probably do well with the family crowd but I really don't have much interest in watching travelling with a toddler

Not sure I think I would if they still travelled abroad). For some reason I don’t seem to like watching when people travel their own country. Like the van videos I couldn’t be bothered with any of the 3 (flying the nest/Kara Nate/endless adventure). But I loved the videos where flying the nest took Hunter to Disneyland/cruise and all their vlogs as Hunter look to be having a great time and I didn’t think their content changed too much with them having her there as they still filmed bits without her like going on rides whilst their friends looked after her or when she napped. I also really liked their video on Hunter choosing where they were going as again they’d still filmed bits whilst she napped. Hunter always seems so happy from what I’ve seen, obviously probably just because they pick to show them moments rather than others though. But again I hadn’t watched their van videos around Australia so went from seeing Hunter just being a newborn to walking and talking a bit. (I did watch their video of her meeting Jess’ family for the first time that was cute). I do think flying the nest are probably my favourite out of the 3 though so I don’t know if I’d watch the others if they had a kid.
And @fizzer20 - I’ve started a Flying the Nest thread if you’re interested

And @ECH

She looks very old for her age. Her skin seems very damaged by the sun
I thought so too. People seem to comment on their videos how cute she looks etc but her face looks pretty beat up and craggiy for her age and I always wondered if she was doing drugs like Speed or X because she seems always excited for no reason or for the dumbest reason. Or is she acting?

Reactions: 4
Their latest video is basically one long advert for that capsule hotel chain.

Their latest video is basically one long advert for that capsule hotel chain.
I think every video they do these days is a giant commercial masquerading as a travel video. It’s always some hotel or AirBNB or some adventure activities operator advertising. There is no authenticity in their content at all and they just sing and dance on the camera for their pay lords.

Reactions: 7
I used to love these two but went off them when they really messed up with the 100th country vlog.

I am not really into the van life but watched a couple of their vlogs just to see if I could get into them again but found them irritating beyond belief.

I have been watching a lot of Eamon & Bec as loved the cabin refurb videos, I could absolutely live there. Not caught up for a few weeks but hope Bec is doing well with her cancer treatment.

I don't know if it's because I'm a bit of an aviation lover, but I must admit, I really enjoyed their latest video!

I’m deliberately not watching the current “cycling through Italy” series as this must be about the fourth time they have done something like this (?)

I miss the day-to-day vlog format of the channel rather than the current “let’s fly across the world, do a random challenge and then we’ll suddenly appear somewhere else in the next video” set-up.

Reactions: 4
I’m deliberately not watching the current “cycling through Italy” series as this must be about the fourth time they have done something like this (?)

I miss the day-to-day vlog format of the channel rather than the current “let’s fly across the world, do a random challenge and then we’ll suddenly appear somewhere else in the next video” set-up.
I've been thinking this too recently. I'm still enjoining their videos but the do seem to just pop up and do a random challenge then pop up somewhere else like you said. I mean just the last few videos they did that desert island challenge, the alcatraz swim and the sailing videos. I preferred it more when they did van life videos as at least you saw them 'travelling' around more. Now it's just yeah they rock up, do a challenge and go onto the next one. I guess they're just trying to switch it up a bit now they've finished van life.

It’s definitely felt like they’ve lost authenticity now. They have a large team behind them editing etc their content. So do this challenge send all their footage then later they pop up to announce and promote it.
I particularly don’t like all the flying around Europe. We are experiencing a very real climate emergency and unnecessary air travel is a big contributor. Europe is easy to overland and they have time to do so. A Dutch journalist went viral last year for avoiding air to travel from the Netherlands to Dubai for a conference. People like to see how possible that is. The long drawn out wailing about lost luggage was frustrating too.

I'm guessing these physical challenges are what gets you trending on YouTube but I get zero enjoyment out of watching them fly to San Francisco for a day to swim or hop on a plane to Finland for 2 days to take part in a race that lasts 10 seconds, fly to Bulgaria for a day to do a hike, another flight to Budapest for a sponsored train ride to Paris where they eat a croissant and then fly back to the US.
It's just them quickly ticking off countries and accumulating air miles these days, no interest in anything but a clickbaity title. Watching them doesn't inspire me to travel, it just makes me feel burnt out to see them at a different airport every video.

I'm guessing these physical challenges are what gets you trending on YouTube but I get zero enjoyment out of watching them fly to San Francisco for a day to swim or hop on a plane to Finland for 2 days to take part in a race that lasts 10 seconds, fly to Bulgaria for a day to do a hike, another flight to Budapest for a sponsored train ride to Paris where they eat a croissant and then fly back to the US.
It's just them quickly ticking off countries and accumulating air miles these days, no interest in anything but a clickbaity title. Watching them doesn't inspire me to travel, it just makes me feel burnt out to see them at a different airport every video.
Even their channel header admits that they are completely directionless.

“Now we’re _____?”

756-FFAD4-61-BC-48-E3-81-B9-13891-F4-CFBC3.jpg

I think that was the most boring video yet. How are there 4 more to this series ? I don't know how that cruise would appeal to anyone unless you were a biologist. It's the same view. Why would you need to get your hair done when your not stepping on to land for 2 weeks ? 😅
I hate videos that the whole thing is basically an ad

I think that was the most boring video yet. How are there 4 more to this series ? I don't know how that cruise would appeal to anyone unless you were a biologist. It's the same view. Why would you need to get your hair done when your not stepping on to land for 2 weeks ? 😅
I hate videos that the whole thing is basically an ad
Ngl, I enjoyed it. I was on a brand new cruise ship just before the pandemic and thought it was amazing, but theirs takes it up to a whole new level.

Ngl, I enjoyed it. I was on a brand new cruise ship just before the pandemic and thought it was amazing, but theirs takes it up to a whole new level.
I enjoyed it as well.
The view may be the same but imagine seeing wild polar bears etc that would be awesome to see. Also a once in a life time thing and how many people can say they’ve been