Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in the same predicament as Kara, my partner and I travel a lot and I’m not ready for the commitment of a child but I think that’s also cause I choose to spend my money on travel instead of stability whereas they can do both
Yeh they are lucky they’d be able to do both (imo)

Reactions: 1
Watching that podcast, I get the impression she wants kids but Nate is too in love with the money they are making and fears that a baby might cut into that. So he would rather not. I wonder if something similar will happen here at some point as happened to Tangerine Travels?

Reactions: 2
Watching that podcast, I get the impression she wants kids but Nate is too in love with the money they are making and fears that a baby might cut into that. So he would rather not. I wonder if something similar will happen here at some point as happened to Tangerine Travels?
they are still relatively young. they'll have a baby at some point. it does take both of them to decide so will just have to wait and see.

Another person who watched TT! I do not watch that channel anymore thoigh, only Maddie’s, Jordan has no charisma and seems vile with his constant remarks.

I have just got back in to watching K&N after a loooong break (havnt watched since mid covid when they were doing the van life thing).

I am enjoying their videos again as I like to be nosy and whilst there are obviously better travel vloggers out there I do find myself watching and staying engaged.

I do admit though that they can be irritating, they are living a life of luxury that most of us can't afford and that Kara can be irritating 🤣 but I am going to still watch (for now).

I did enjoy the monkey run series (much prefer those type of video to the we stayed in a luxury penthouse kind).

Eamon & Bec I do enjoy but only the videos at the cabin as I love that place! I really hope Bec has a smooth pregnancy and that all remains well with her health.

Guess they are back in the van this week as per their IG story. Sarah and Dusty got one now. Wondering if they are doing the vlogging stuff now too.

Watched some of the latest ep with Nate and his grandpa on a van camping trip. That VW bus is sweet.

Eamon & Bec I do enjoy but only the videos at the cabin as I love that place! I really hope Bec has a smooth pregnancy and that all remains well with her health.
I like Eamon and Bec and also love the cabin. That led me to Tyler & Todd and I love what they are doing with their dome and container home.

Just watched their Adele video and found it funny Nate said it was best money HE spent on Kara, despite the fact we see her order the tickets and they’ve earnt their money together? I know they can have different accounts but it just seemed a little odd to me he’d say that.

Reactions: 3
Just watched their Adele video and found it funny Nate said it was best money HE spent on Kara, despite the fact we see her order the tickets and they’ve earnt their money together? I know they can have different accounts but it just seemed a little odd to me he’d say that.
I think Nate controls the purse strings....

Reactions: 3
Yeah that'd weird. Even if he's the budgeter in the house you're right, it's money from *their* businesses.

I like Eamon and Bec and also love the cabin. That led me to Tyler & Todd and I love what they are doing with their dome and container home.
I used to really love watching Tyler and Todd, but now they’ve totally lost me. I found their channel when they were just starting to travel in their used, renovated trailer. It was great…I enjoyed their personalities and the idea of traveling and seeing new places. When COVID hit, they headed back home and decided to settle in Nova Scotia, living “off grid.” They lived in their trailer and “roughed it” for a while before deciding to build a permanent structure…a geodesic dome to live in while their container home is built. They always gave off the “we’re struggling to make it” vibe…so they did a lot of their own work, and even made their own wine and planted a garden to grow their own food (they are vegan).

But now they’re becoming victims of their own success. They decided to build a container home because “the price of lumber is so expensive”…but have you seen how much lumber is actually in that container home? Then they added a huge amount of square footage to the container home…the excuse was that their contractor didn’t allow enough room for a landing at the top of their circular stairs. REALLY? So you had to almost double the square footage and add that huge stair tower (all constructed out of the “expensive wood?”). They also added a pool and hot tub to the project…constructed of concrete offsite and then brought in and set with a crane. One of their older dogs, Charlie, has had many expensive medical issues including Lyme disease, kidney problems, and most recently an issue with his hip/leg that required surgery. So what did they do now? They bought a new cabin on a lake, close to their other property, so that “Charlie has a comfortable place to recover.” Again….REALLY? They couldn’t just bunk with Todd’s parents for a few months while Charlie recuperates? They had to buy a house on a lake instead? I’d say most people couldn’t afford to treat their pet to all these medical and surgical procedures.

Clearly they’ve been a YouTube and Patreon success. But a lot of people joined when they portrayed themselves as struggling and scraping by. Now they’re spending large amounts of money…always with an excuse that’s usually flimsy. One viewer posted a comment saying they’re unsubscribing to the channel because they’re not relatable to him anymore…and I totally get it. But Tyler & Todd’s response really surprised and disappointed me. They said their response isn’t intended to be disrespectful …but then go on to write a disrespectful response (the response sounds like Todd wrote it to me…he’s shown he can be a little witch when he wants).

Look at the comments and response, below. These aren’t the only comments that question what’s going on. And the reply isn’t a good look. Very sad because I had really liked them.

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5982.jpeg

IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I used to really love watching Tyler and Todd, but now they’ve totally lost me. I found their channel when they were just starting to travel in their used, renovated trailer. It was great…I enjoyed their personalities and the idea of traveling and seeing new places. When COVID hit, they headed back home and decided to settle in Nova Scotia, living “off grid.” They lived in their trailer and “roughed it” for a while before deciding to build a permanent structure…a geodesic dome to live in while their container home is built. They always gave off the “we’re struggling to make it” vibe…so they did a lot of their own work, and even made their own wine and planted a garden to grow their own food (they are vegan).

But now they’re becoming victims of their own success. They decided to build a container home because “the price of lumber is so expensive”…but have you seen how much lumber is actually in that container home? Then they added a huge amount of square footage to the container home…the excuse was that their contractor didn’t allow enough room for a landing at the top of their circular stairs. REALLY? So you had to almost double the square footage and add that huge stair tower (all constructed out of the “expensive wood?”). They also added a pool and hot tub to the project…constructed of concrete offsite and then brought in and set with a crane. One of their older dogs, Charlie, has had many expensive medical issues including Lyme disease, kidney problems, and most recently an issue with his hip/leg that required surgery. So what did they do now? They bought a new cabin on a lake, close to their other property, so that “Charlie has a comfortable place to recover.” Again….REALLY? They couldn’t just bunk with Todd’s parents for a few months while Charlie recuperates? They had to buy a house on a lake instead? I’d say most people couldn’t afford to treat their pet to all these medical and surgical procedures.

Clearly they’ve been a YouTube and Patreon success. But a lot of people joined when they portrayed themselves as struggling and scraping by. Now they’re spending large amounts of money…always with an excuse that’s usually flimsy. One viewer posted a comment saying they’re unsubscribing to the channel because they’re not relatable to him anymore…and I totally get it. But Tyler & Todd’s response really surprised and disappointed me. They said their response isn’t intended to be disrespectful …but then go on to write a disrespectful response (the response sounds like Todd wrote it to me…he’s shown he can be a little witch when he wants).

Look at the comments and response, below. These aren’t the only comments that question what’s going on. And the reply isn’t a good look. Very sad because I had really liked them.

View attachment 2583106

View attachment 2583107

View attachment 2583108

View attachment 2583109

View attachment 2583110
Do you know why Tyler's family never visits or even gets mentioned? Did they ever say?

Do you know why Tyler's family never visits or even gets mentioned? Did they ever say?
To my knowledge, Tyler’s parents have only been on the Tyler and Todd vlog once. It was last summer when they came from Newfoundland to help fish electrical wire through a conduit. The funny thing is that Todd doesn’t ever interview his parents….or even clearly show their faces (always from a distance). I mean, they came all the way from Newfoundland to help but in the vlog they’re treated like the rest of the construction workers. Not a lot of affection is shown between them. I don’t know why they don’t visit more often…maybe because they live far away? But you’re right…Tyler doesn’t really talk about them.

I‘ve attached the video where Tyler’s parents appear…fast forward to the 13:45 mark.

• Heart
Sure…Didn’t realize you were keeper of the thread!
I'm not but as a casual reader of this thread, it threw me way off pretty quickly to where I honestly thought I made a wrong click or I missed something major.

I mean no malice nor insults toward you. In my Tattle travels there has generally been a rule, perhaps unspoken, that tries to keep threads on topic as much as possible and where new threads are encouraged to facilitate discussion of the off topic... topic. I mean, logically that makes sense, yeah?