Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just find it pretty irresponsible their attitude at the moment. Pretending like everything is normal and starting to travel around again. The world, and the US especially, are not clear of this horrible virus yet. I know they don't really like to stay in one place but they've been so lucky the past few years with how much they've seen of the world. I could be wrong but feel like this "van life" thing is money and views driven

Reactions: 6
Did anyone see their latest vlog?! I can't get over how stupid they are, how reckless.

It went something like this...

NATE: Smells a gas leak... Grabs a lighter.

I'll let you imagine what happened next.

Did anyone see their latest vlog?! I can't get over how stupid they are, how reckless.

It went something like this...

NATE: Smells a gas leak... Grabs a lighter.

I'll let you imagine what happened next.

He was absoloutley bleeping idiotic.

They shouldn't have put that in the vlog.

Reactions: 1
They shouldn't have made the entire vlog. A week in Colorado and we got the world's most boring video about fixing the van AGAIN. I skipped through it in about 30 seconds and thought nope.

Reactions: 2
I hope the guys working on the van got compensated fairly. It was a mistake to cheap out on not getting the van checked out professionally before buying, they basically risked their lives trying to skimp and save.

I hope the guys working on the van got compensated fairly. It was a mistake to cheap out on not getting the van checked out professionally before buying, they basically risked their lives trying to skimp and save.
I thought the same, why wasn't it checked over 1st

Their whole national park thing is ridiculous. They're annoyed they got caught. They're literal millionaires and think they're above paying business expenses.

Reactions: 6
Their whole national park thing is ridiculous. They're annoyed they got caught. They're literal millionaires and think they're above paying business expenses.
I haven't watched the new video yet, (will today, on my laptop with ad block, was going to watch it on my phone no ad block 6 ADS in the video) they have money! I dont know if national parks are like things we have in the UK but paying entrance fee's ect help the area and the money is put back into the park

I haven't watched the new video yet, (will today, on my laptop with ad block, was going to watch it on my phone no ad block 6 ADS in the video) they have money! I dont know if national parks are like things we have in the UK but paying entrance fee's ect help the area and the money is put back into the park
Yeah I'm in the UK too so maybe I'm missing some context, but basically they were flying a drone in a national park, which is illegal, and filming without obtaining a commercial licence. They seem to be acting like they don't need the commercial licence because they're 'just vloggers', even though they have almost 2 million subscribers and have made millions from their YouTube careers.
Also, the comments are disgusting. So many people calling the person who reported them a 'Karen' and people calling the National Park Service to demand Kara and Nate be allowed to film with no issues. They broke the rules and should face repercussions, idk why people are surprised by this.

Yeah I'm in the UK too so maybe I'm missing some context, but basically they were flying a drone in a national park, which is illegal, and filming without obtaining a commercial licence. They seem to be acting like they don't need the commercial licence because they're 'just vloggers', even though they have almost 2 million subscribers and have made millions from their YouTube careers.
Also, the comments are disgusting. So many people calling the person who reported them a 'Karen' and people calling the National Park Service to demand Kara and Nate be allowed to film with no issues. They broke the rules and should face repercussions, idk why people are surprised by this.
wow well, they broke the rules and they should suck it up! ive been watching a few of their old vlogs and they come across so rude in some of them, :(

They came across so entitled in their last vlog! Nate is more than happy to show off how much they earn by posting income reports on their website, but the concept that they're a commercial enterprise seems lost on them! They want us to think they're just a pair of backpackers who post videos because they love showing us where they visit.

I had a look into the permit for accessing the national parks (I'm trying to procrastinate at work 😂 ) and it's a 1 page form which is not nearly as complicated as they made out. It even says if there's up to 2 people just using a camera and tripod there's no charge aside from a $100 application fee per park (which they would easily make back with a bit of AdSense)!

They'll end up doing it as national park videos will bring in loads of views and their current videos are getting really repetitive. I didn't even bother finishing the bike ride vlogs as it seemed to be just Nate complaining the whole time.

I used to enjoy their vlogs but they're becoming more and more money grabbing as they get more successful.

Reactions: 10
ive just watched it, wow 1st world problems!! yes they are commercial! why cant they see that?

I used to enjoy them too LemonPledge, and I agree Im finding them more and more money grabbing, they aren't two backpackers anymore trying to spend $3 a day on food

I watched a vlog from a year or so ago, from a place Id like to go to and thought the hotel looked great, but they never linked or said where it was/name ect, whats the point of that!

Reactions: 7
I got the sense that part of the problem for them was that they were going to have to plan what and where to film which isn't their style. But, I've started to hate that they go to places and know nothing about them - their visit to the UK being like "what are all of those poppies?" in November sticks in my mind. The US was in that war, do a little research. Same goes for the National Parks, suck it up, do some research, decide what you're going to film. I'm sure their videos would be amazing (I'm biased because I love the parks in the west).

And, the fact that they're not going to visit the parks because they can't film is so sad. They're missing out on something wonderful because they can't make money from it. I know they can go later in their lives but... they're right there!

Reactions: 5
First time poster, made an account just for them.
Haven't actually "followed" them too long and only saw a couple of videos that popped up on my recommendations. Someone on here (or on Reddit) pointed out before how they actually don't seem to enjoy traveling since they don't really explore and just do the basic touristy stuff and especially this last vlog with the National Park sealed the deal for me.
Nate pointed out how they passed so many places he wanted to visit but they didn't because they couldn't film? really? If he really liked exploring he would jump at the opportunity to go to those places or actually pay the money for the license to film there. But yeah, they are just doing it for the money.
And don't get me started with Kara. What's with the constant baby voice? And how co-dependent she is? When Nate did the bike tour and she was all "usually Nate does this" with literally anything? And don't get me started on those eyebrows...

Reactions: 11
Their drone shots in Rocky Mountain National Park were infuriating.

There are a lot of very good reasons drones are prohibited in these national parks, and a responsible drone owner would understand why. I'm sure there is extensive signage too, so I am certain they knowingly ignored the rules. Whining about getting caught violating federal law comes across as so entitled.

Also, I'm honestly tired of seeing Kara cry whenever something doesn’t go their way. I get she was frustrated by the situation, but I think the sympathy angle just makes them both look worse.

Reactions: 7
Haven't actually "followed" them too long and only saw a couple of videos that popped up on my recommendations. Someone on here (or on Reddit) pointed out before how they actually don't seem to enjoy traveling since they don't really explore and just do the basic touristy stuff and especially this last vlog with the National Park sealed the deal for me.
Agree, I remember their London vlogs they were basically just ticking off the big sights rather than trying to experience London. They made a big thing about trying fish and chips, but the pub they ate in was a Wetherspoons!

• Sick
Reactions: 9
does anyone know of any vloggers who seems to particularly love each other, most seem to be going through the motions.

as much as we can complain though if boring drone shots was making me a lot of money I'd do it too.

Also, I'm honestly tired of seeing Kara cry whenever something doesn’t go their way. I get she was frustrated by the situation, but I think the sympathy angle just makes them both look worse.
Agreed. They made the conscious decision to include that footage to try and garner sympathy.

Reactions: 3
Agree, I remember their London vlogs they were basically just ticking off the big sights rather than trying to experience London. They made a big thing about trying fish and chips, but the pub they ate in was a Wetherspoons!
Probably because it's a cheap shithole.

Nate is obsessed with saving money, he comes off as so god damn cheap. In another life, I'm sure he'd be one of those whackos on extreme couponers.

I bet they're the type to email places and demand free tit for "exposure" too lol.

First time poster, made an account just for them.
Nate pointed out how they passed so many places he wanted to visit but they didn't because they couldn't film? really? If he really liked exploring he would jump at the opportunity to go to those places or actually pay the money for the license to film there. But yeah, they are just doing it for the money.
And don't get me started with Kara. What's with the constant baby voice? And how co-dependent she is? When Nate did the bike tour and she was all "usually Nate does this" with literally anything? And don't get me started on those eyebrows...
The eyebrows 😂 you'd think with all their money she'd get them looked at!

• Haha