Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've only recently discovered these two and enjoy their content but Kara's childlike style is too annoying - big wide forced smiles, skipping, leaning all over Nate gazing/staring adoringly at him just doesn't feel real and she irritates me. I thought I'd look up their UK blogs and they're rubbish which has made me wonder how deep their others go really. I've watched about six but can stomach any more of watching Kara. Sorry, not for me. I'm heading back over to Flying The Nest who seem so much more genuine.
Yeah, I really hate it when Kara calls old people they meet 'so cute' sounds so demeaning, I just in general hate it when people call old people cute, does my head in!! Love Flying the Nest, so genuine, especially their excitement, always prefer the older vlogs, where they would go somewhere have no real itinerary just wonder, Stephen has developed his filming and editing skills really well, I prefer the less structured ones best. Kara and Nate and Flying the Nest are too edited, too scripted, but still enjoyable, can't wait for the baby to arrive

Reactions: 2
Oh my god finally someone who agrees and thinks the way I think! She is nauseating!!! It’s so pretentious and childish. Kara please stop begging for attention we see right through it!

Reactions: 4
I find Kara a lot more irritating than Nate. The noises she makes when she's eating something nice or that high pitched squeal she does when she's excited feels like a bit of an overreaction/forced. I feel that she's very pampered if Nate wasn't so stingy with money she'd happily fly buisness all the time and stay in the best hotels. Someone in reddit once made a point that their interest in travel was just a front to get a buisness going, I'm not sure I agree with that but then again Nate is an MBA graduate?
In their early vlogs they both showed a bratty streak at times as I think they didn't like not having the best of everything while travelling (the zanzibar vlog is a good example of that). I feel they were at their best in 2017 because as they have said they didn't have the money to continue travelling full time, therefore were a lot more grateful finding opportunities that allowed them to do so. I haven't watched many of the 2018 vlogs but 2019 was the year they became a bit more egotistical. Also does anyone think their "documentary" wasn't really one, editing vlogs doesn't suddenly make you a filmmaker

Reactions: 7
I find Kara a lot more irritating than Nate. The noises she makes when she's eating something nice or that high pitched squeal she does when she's excited feels like a bit of an overreaction/forced. I feel that she's very pampered if Nate wasn't so stingy with money she'd happily fly buisness all the time and stay in the best hotels. Someone in reddit once made a point that their interest in travel was just a front to get a buisness going, I'm not sure I agree with that but then again Nate is an MBA graduate?
In their early vlogs they both showed a bratty streak at times as I think they didn't like not having the best of everything while travelling (the zanzibar vlog is a good example of that). I feel they were at their best in 2017 because as they have said they didn't have the money to continue travelling full time, therefore were a lot more grateful finding opportunities that allowed them to do so. I haven't watched many of the 2018 vlogs but 2019 was the year they became a bit more egotistical. Also does anyone think their "documentary" wasn't really one, editing vlogs doesn't suddenly make you a filmmaker
It was just a long vlog. "Documentary" 🤣

Reactions: 1
I hope they give the UK another chance like the Philippines, as their attitude stunk when they visited London. Pretty much acted like typical ignorant tourists who think once they've done London they've done the whole UK.

Firstly, they complained how cold it was but visited in November (what did they expect!). Also was laughable when they wanted traditional fish and chips but went to weatherspoons, which is basically the equivalent of going to a Denny's in the US. They kept saying over and over again we've only come here to go world travel market. The comments on the London vlogs also call them up on these things, and how they have little interest in European culture in comparison to Asian cultures.

Most of other travel vloggers have really done the UK justice. Not just getting outside of England (visiting wales for example), but going to places that foreigners probably haven't heard of such as Cornwall and Dorset. Also Endless Adventure particularly focused on the food that the UK has to offer, as we are such a multicultural country there's more food to enjoy other than fish and chips.
So funny to read this post as I had the exact same thought when i finally got round to watching the Philippines vlogs last night. That, I like they gave the country another chance realising how much they had opened their minds since the first visit. Which led me to the exact same thought path of how it’s a shame that they also misrepresented the UK a fair bit. Even in London they stayed in a weird area and definitely didn’t seem to get the best impression. Though I don’t see them returning any time soon, it’s not got the cheap exotic image of the Philippines.

Thanks to whoever mentioned The Endless Adventure on here and also Flying The Nest, I looked both up and they're great. Can anyone recommend any others now I've given up on watching Kara and Nate?

Thanks to whoever mentioned The Endless Adventure on here and also Flying The Nest, I looked both up and they're great. Can anyone recommend any others now I've given up on watching Kara and Nate?
I love daneger and stacey, they almost always go into the history of places too and i love that. When i travel myself i always try to learn about the history, i find a lot of travel bloggers don't have a clue about some places they've been to.

Off topic a bit but I don’t get how you can all watch flying the nest🙈 I spent a good few vlogs thinking I was watching a sister and her gay brother travel the world together - was a bit of a shock when I realised they’re MARRIED

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Off topic a bit but I don’t get how you can all watch flying the nest🙈 I spent a good few vlogs thinking I was watching a sister and her gay brother travel the world together - was a bit of a shock when I realised they’re MARRIED
🤣🤣 Tbf my husband asked me what I was watching and when I said they're married he said the same as you so you're not alone 🤣🤣.

I love daneger and stacey, they almost always go into the history of places too and i love that. When i travel myself i always try to learn about the history, i find a lot of travel bloggers don't have a clue about some places they've been to.

Thanks! I'll check them out. That's what I like about The Endless Adventure, they take the time to explain bits about the places they visit plus everything they do about the local foods. It amazes me how some don't at all. Even the bucket list family who were my original go-to for a long time just started boring me as I got fed up of seeing swimming pools and hotel rooms when they were in some of the most amazing corners of the world. Thanks for the recommendation!

New here! I used to really like K&N until stuff that you've all mentioned starting rolling in: too many sponsorships, kara being super whiney and clearly spoilt when they were on a budget, now Kara being smarmy and overly childlike in her adoration, and Nate being a bit money grabbing.
Did anyone see their last video with them tipping their maid $500? It was super nice but... I feel like putting it on YouTube was unnecessary. It just seems like they were looking for praise; I get that they're youtubers and want to show everything but do something nice just to be nice not too show everyone what great people you are.

Reactions: 5
New here! I used to really like K&N until stuff that you've all mentioned starting rolling in: too many sponsorships, kara being super whiney and clearly spoilt when they were on a budget, now Kara being smarmy and overly childlike in her adoration, and Nate being a bit money grabbing.
Did anyone see their last video with them tipping their maid $500? It was super nice but... I feel like putting it on YouTube was unnecessary. It just seems like they were looking for praise; I get that they're youtubers and want to show everything but do something nice just to be nice not too show everyone what great people you are.
I agree! I thought setting up all the cameras in their room was really intrusive.

I really like their videos, but I just had unfollow them on Instagram. I see they follow Trump and I can’t support any influencers who still support him. Especially with what’s happening right now in the world.

• Sad
  • Angry
I really like their videos, but I just had unfollow them on Instagram. I see they follow Trump and I can’t support any influencers who still support him. Especially with what’s happening right now in the world.
oh no! do they?
I love them, I cant support them either if they do :(

It looks like they're (rightfully) getting a lot of flack for not speaking out about what's happening in the US at the moment. I'm not in the least surprised; I guess the majority of their audience is fairly similar to them in terms of demographic.

And about them following Trump. I'd say following someone on instagram doesn't necessarily mean you support them. K&N follow Obama and AOC too, and from what they've said in past videos, I'm pretty sure they don't support them. However, following Trump isn't just "staying informed", it's listening to the lies of a racist bigot and it's unacceptable.

It looks like they're (rightfully) getting a lot of flack for not speaking out about what's happening in the US at the moment. I'm not in the least surprised; I guess the majority of their audience is fairly similar to them in terms of demographic.

And about them following Trump. I'd say following someone on instagram doesn't necessarily mean you support them. K&N follow Obama and AOC too, and from what they've said in past videos, I'm pretty sure they don't support them. However, following Trump isn't just "staying informed", it's listening to the lies of a racist bigot and it's unacceptable.
Oh, my bad. They've just addressed it. A bit late, but good on them for that. Just to clarify, I don't think they're racist, I think they were brought up in a bubble, as many people were.

K&N annoy the duck out of me when they say everyone they've met is "super nice" etc. This can be anyone from the person who brings their coffee in the cafe to a family they stay with on travels.

I watched a few recently, and have just given up and am instead going back and watching Endless Adventure from the start as I came to them late on. So so much more genuine, not cheesy, and the sheer production value of there more recent vlogs is excellent - you can tell he cares about the product he is putting out there and is learning how to do a better job.

K&N annoy the duck out of me when they say everyone they've met is "super nice" etc. This can be anyone from the person who brings their coffee in the cafe to a family they stay with on travels.

I watched a few recently, and have just given up and am instead going back and watching Endless Adventure from the start as I came to them late on. So so much more genuine, not cheesy, and the sheer production value of there more recent vlogs is excellent - you can tell he cares about the product he is putting out there and is learning how to do a better job.
I love the endless adventure but someone pointed out to me how much they point their finger at the camera (especially Alison) and now it's all I can see 🤣🤣. I still love watching them though, they seem really lovely people.

I hate when they call people "sooo sweet" too. It infantilises people and tells us nothing about them.

Love Endless Adventure too!

Also, they shared a clip of Casey Neistat talking in relation to the BLM movement and said "this is what it's about"... umm how about elevating some black voices and not that of another white man.

I hate when they call people "sooo sweet" too. It infantilises people and tells us nothing about them.

Love Endless Adventure too!

Also, they shared a clip of Casey Neistat talking in relation to the BLM movement and said "this is what it's about"... umm how about elevating some black voices and not that of another white man.
Yes, calling people especially older people cute, is so demeaning. I hate it, Kara always does it.