Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DA Stella

Chatty Member
Eamon and Bec lost me when she participated in the cancer run and then found out afterwards she was Covid positive. Some of the participants said they were still in active cancer treatment and she was hugging and posing for pics with them. Did she notify the event organizers that she exposed all those people? I hope she did. And then Eamon gets in an airplane despite obviously sharing a bed with his Covid positive wife, rides in a van with Louis and Raya and only after arriving at the boat dock tests himself. Of course he's also positive, which meant he exposed pregnant Raya. And then instead of worrying about that he feels sorry for himself. Super irresponsible and selfish.
I do hope Bec remains healthy, but I'm not goi g to support their channel.
As for K & N, they keep saying they use points to upgrade and pay for all their luxury travel, but don't you have to charge a crap ton to those credit cards to earn points? So you end up with a massive credit card bill to pay. That doesn't seem like a good way to save money IMO.

Reactions: 6

November_again

VIP Member
i was thinking this!

1. Do they really need to travel as much as they do?
2. A lot of those journeys could have been done via public transport or with a car??
They very clearly consider train rides and public transportation beneath them these days unless it's the Orient Express or one that generates clicks (most expensive/ most scenic/ longest/ overnight).
As a European, my first click is always the train schedule when traveling throughout Europe.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I think they’d quite comfortably be able to travel with one child. Nate can do all the crazy stuff whilst Kara is with the child. She doesn’t seem to enjoy the crazy stuff anyway. They stay in amazing resorts/hotels the majority of the time so wouldn’t be too hard to have a baby in them places imo especially as others on YouTube do it with more children or not staying in such nice places

Pacho

I'm actually starting to prefer Eamon & Bec now. I don't mind Kara and Nate flying because that's what the channel always was but for me it's the countless "living on a boat for 24 hours", "living on a boat for 72 hours", "living on a boat for a week". If I see one more boat related video 😅

& I get they have money now but again I don't need to see the business class on every flight or the lounge. I know some people watch it because they like to dream but I've no interest in something like that. I'd much rather see a weekend in a city with a gorgeous yet affordable hidden gem hotel,restaurant recommendations for cities, things to do that are maybe outside the norm. I don't want to see someone rate champagne on a flight or 10 minutes sitting chatting in a lounge & then running for the flight

#myownbusiness

VIP Member
I think in some relationships one is more of the leader and one is more of the follower, or like the planner and the passenger etc. And I don't think Kara minds letting Nate feel in control and do a lot of the decision making as she's just happy to be there (and I don't mean any of those things in a bad way). But when it comes to children it needs to be a lot more 50/50 decision between two partners and I hope she's not been talked into it instead of coming to the conclusion herself that she values the travel lifestyle over her old plans for example

RJF

VIP Member
Their obsession with airport lounges has always confused me.

It is literally a room in an airport with some sofas and a mid-range buffet. You would think these people were born homeless, given the way they would speak about these places in such ecstatic tones.

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Was so gutted for them when that lorry crashed into their van after they’d done all that hard work 😭 at least they were able to fix it. I see they recently had another video of them doing more work to the van but haven’t watched that one. I think they’ll have a baby soon from what they said in one of their videos. I think these people have the dream job I’m so jealous 😂 especially Kara and Nate the places they get to stay are amazing
Would you still watch them if they have a baby? I have no real interest in watching people drag a baby/toddler around (e.g. flying the nest). I watch for escapism and that just kills it for me.

AKW24

VIP Member
We can always create a tyler a Todd thread, if there's interest 😊
Would be a good to keep this thread to K&N.

I don't have an issue of mentioning other YouTubers but that got unnecessarily deep.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Why do I get the feeling they are not fans of the UK :unsure:
I used to watch them and remember when they visited England. They literally spent like two days in London, ate mediocre fish and chips in a Wetherspoons and moaned all the time about how expensive it was. I think they like travelling in countries where they can Lord it up a bit as rich, white Americans and live very cheaply. I’m from the UK and fully accept there are things in this country that aren’t great, but snarking about a country when you’ve made no real effort to visit it is a bit cheap. I doubt any country comes across at its best if you only visit a tiny bit of the capital city. The Endless Adventure are much more enthusiastic about the UK and have actually made the effort to get off the tourist trail, and I much prefer their videos - Kara and Nate give me a list of places I ever want to visit, The Endless Adventure actually make even the most mundane places seem worth visiting.

Reactions: 5

SheStunned

I’ve gone off them so much, they are white privilege at its finest - life is just peachy for them and they seem to oblivious of what is going on in the world around them and contributing to climate change while their at it.

Macson22

As much as I love Eamon and bec j thought the latest vlog was really poor taste. Bec gets COVID and Eamon still travels even though he's been in contact with her and surprise surprise he tests positive when he stepped off the flight so how many people infected during that time? Also down to earth obviously wasn't economy seat as he didn't film neither did bec

Kara and Nate are too over the too now nothing realistic

• Angry

DA Stella

Chatty Member
Uhhh and the fact they don’t know it’s the English/Welsh border not UK, UK is all four countries.

The fact that she put it’s one of the coolest things to do, errr no, there’s a lot of other stuff like surfing in Cornwall, visiting the Highlands, Ben Nevis, soo so much more
Whatever THEY'RE doing is the coolest thing to do. Because they are the coolest. Ever.

I understand my opinion is irrelevant to them because they have a zillion subscribers and they get tens of thousands of views for every video. Some people envy their lifestyle. I don't, but I also don't admire anyone who seems to think having a zillion subscribers entitles them to special treatment everywhere they go

I did laugh when they were on one of their luxury train journeys and they got kicked out of the highest tier car because they weren't staying in it. They seemed to think they should be allowed in just because they're WORLD FAMOUS vloggers.

• Haha

#myownbusiness

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the interview they did on The Unplanned Podcast? They actually came across really well there. It was refreshing to see Kara without the constant baby voices and crying.

I thought their comments on not having kids was interesting, it sounds like Kara would like to have them but doesn't think it's possible with their lifestyle which is largely driven by Nate. I kind of felt sorry for her as she seems to have come to terms with fact they might never have them. At least that's how I read it.
I get the impression Nate makes a lot of the decisions

Pacho

Another train video 🙄 How many train, boat and first class videos can 2 people do ? How are people watching the same thing over and over ?

fishlo

I just think that they never speak about anything political or any other events, because then they will probably loose many followers. They want to remain ''neutral'' on their social medias.

What's your point

VIP Member
I used to really like these two but this was a stupid move. They will do an apology video (well Nate will, Kara will be too upset to feature like when they got backlash for charging to view the 100th country video).

Sailing Nahoa are on their way back to Thailand too so they may get some backlash but I kind of dont blame them as their boat/home is there it isnt like they are just going for a jolly.

If you had asked me a year ago I would have said Kara and Nate were my favourite vloggers but kind of lost interest in them this year they have made a few stupid decisions I think.

Queen_Matoke

I hate that they've written Wales wrong. (I am welsh) but also they showed a pub and locks and thats it. They could have done a lot more, They always make the uk look rubbish. Tbh I've stopped watching them as it feels like if its not a free thing that costs £10,000 to the public they don't care. They used to be a lot more humble and nice. Now i don't get good vibes which is a shame tbh.

katabaticwind

I don’t understand why these two people are popular at all as travel vloggers. Having watched their videos during this past year, I have found them to be shallow, boring and completely lacking any knowledge of places they visit.

How did these people get popular in the first place? Is it like a Kardashians effect where people would watch mindless superficial content? Blimey, their travel content is sub-par and their knowledge of places and things they show is quite appalling.

I realize they are a whitey white couple from the Stateside which puts them at an advantage over say, some bloke vlogging about travel from Pakistan or Philippines who has substance and they also have some folksy charm like Forrest Gump but even with all that, their shallowness and daft and somewhat entitled behavior overrides everything.

They seem like a couple very focused on the money and my God, that Kara acts like someone dipped her in sugar syrup one too many times to be annoyingly cloying and the bloke Nate will put miserable old curmudgeons and Mr. Grinch to shame.

But I am still trying to understand why they are popular or why people are clamoring for their content at all apart from the fact that they are a white couple from the stateside. Because their travel content and their knowledge is mostly shite and just going to the airport doesn’t mean you have visited a country or for that matter, you doing adverts for some helicopter tour or dive shop and get in and out just for that is not really travel content. Their whole channel is full of adverts in hiding for someone who is paying them.

I saw this thread and had to make an account to post on it. It seems people on Redditof which I found some threads about them, are not really fond of them either except the occasional dedicated worshippers of their lifestyle.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

• Haha