Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

toanna1

They both are too whiny now. The video about National park- what if they had to pay? what is wrong in that? why are they stubborn they need to film for free but make money posting it on youtube. National Parks in the US is not very well funded. Plus the current administration has cut the funding further down. People do make donations to National Park Foundation to help the National Parks. If you have been to both US and Canadian National Parks you can see the difference in how its maintained and why in Canada Parks are well maintained and in US not so much. Lack of funds. So without making it a big deal, be polite and pay them the money they "need" to film content for youtube which gives revenue, like how you pay for numerous other products and services related to travel/youtubing!

Reactions: 7

OA1

Chatty Member
Seen a recent post Kara said she's 33......gosh I thought she was about 40

• Haha

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Their drone shots in Rocky Mountain National Park were infuriating.

There are a lot of very good reasons drones are prohibited in these national parks, and a responsible drone owner would understand why. I'm sure there is extensive signage too, so I am certain they knowingly ignored the rules. Whining about getting caught violating federal law comes across as so entitled.

Also, I'm honestly tired of seeing Kara cry whenever something doesn’t go their way. I get she was frustrated by the situation, but I think the sympathy angle just makes them both look worse.

Watcher94

Omg their video they posted yesterday is getting a lot of backlash...they decided to fly during the pandemic and people are not having it

Also so stupid of Nate to point out people not social distancing when he decides to make unnecessary travel in the first place hahah

They are double jabbed. They drove back like 20 hours from their road trip for them each time.
There was a poll about a month ago on Instagram asking if they should pause vanlife now they are allowed into Italy. About 65% said yes, go to Italy. I didn’t think that was an overwhelming endorsement but off they went. As a Brit not allowed to go to Italy it doesn’t sit that well with me.

Disappointed to see their cancer story turned into a paid advertisement. It was an important message and they monetised it.

Chacha83

Haven’t been on TL for ages (well an occasional lurk but not to post) but I had to have a nose to see if anyone had commented on these two.

The absolute audacity of them to show tents if homeless people to show their “bad experience” then moan about their heater breaking when they could afford a hotel or just to rent or buy a normal place themselves sent me over the edge. Disgusting! They do nothing but moan, about the van, about the national parks thing, now about the poor people daring to exists in a non blog-able way near them. I’ve never seen two people in need of checking their privilege more.
The whole van “renovation” (which seemed more like them pretty-ing it up) I never saw Kara do a thing and I refuse to believe editing takes up all her time, she just seems like more of a diva and he seems like a real control freak but simultaneously useless at practical things.

man it feels good to get that off my chest!

ive just watched it, wow 1st world problems!! yes they are commercial! why cant they see that?

I used to enjoy them too LemonPledge, and I agree Im finding them more and more money grabbing, they aren't two backpackers anymore trying to spend $3 a day on food

I watched a vlog from a year or so ago, from a place Id like to go to and thought the hotel looked great, but they never linked or said where it was/name ect, whats the point of that!

I find Kara a lot more irritating than Nate. The noises she makes when she's eating something nice or that high pitched squeal she does when she's excited feels like a bit of an overreaction/forced. I feel that she's very pampered if Nate wasn't so stingy with money she'd happily fly buisness all the time and stay in the best hotels. Someone in reddit once made a point that their interest in travel was just a front to get a buisness going, I'm not sure I agree with that but then again Nate is an MBA graduate?
In their early vlogs they both showed a bratty streak at times as I think they didn't like not having the best of everything while travelling (the zanzibar vlog is a good example of that). I feel they were at their best in 2017 because as they have said they didn't have the money to continue travelling full time, therefore were a lot more grateful finding opportunities that allowed them to do so. I haven't watched many of the 2018 vlogs but 2019 was the year they became a bit more egotistical. Also does anyone think their "documentary" wasn't really one, editing vlogs doesn't suddenly make you a filmmaker

bunnyboo

VIP Member
They bothered me enough today to comment on here. I watched the latest Ice Hotel/train video. I am actually really bothered by the fact that they blatantly insulted the artist of their ice hotel room. Firstly by building up to their room by visiting all the others first and then showing absolute disappointment when they walked in. Not only that but pointing out "oh this other couple walked out a few seconds later too". Then by looking up the room details and interpreting "potential" for "unfinished" ~"like I said"~ says Kara. Then when given the chance, immediately changing room. Yes, art is subjective, and they think they've covered themselves by mentioning that in the video, but the manner in which they did all those things was rude af in my opinion. There are classier ways to talk about your individual tastes and preferences.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I used to love their videos when they were on a budget and visiting places I've never even heard of. But recently, their content has become more and more inaccessible, and their attitudes have become increasingly entitled as time goes on. Kara is particularly bad, she just comes across as a spoilt brat.

Last edited:

dreamteam1

VIP Member
Everything is so ridiculous to them, but they need to remember they come from a country that allows you to legally buy a gun before you can drink alcohol.

Reactions: 6
Just find it pretty irresponsible their attitude at the moment. Pretending like everything is normal and starting to travel around again. The world, and the US especially, are not clear of this horrible virus yet. I know they don't really like to stay in one place but they've been so lucky the past few years with how much they've seen of the world. I could be wrong but feel like this "van life" thing is money and views driven

ECH

VIP Member
Their whole national park thing is ridiculous. They're annoyed they got caught. They're literal millionaires and think they're above paying business expenses.

Welshgal

VIP Member
So they fly to Munich, drive to Austria, drive back to Munich and fly to Geneva, Switzerland?
Why not take the time and drive? Stop along the way at some gorgeous places, maybe go to a spa hotel (how disgusting they must be atm 🤢) and arrive in Geneva in a couple of days with enough footage for an “old school” type of video.