Joss Whedon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t stand Riley, but I know a lot of people find him easy on the eye so I respect that!
I like the idea of Joss’ self insert character changing from Xander to Andrew, I’d never thought of it that way but it makes sense. By season 7 Xander had become a bit more grounded, and it’s like, subconsciously, Whedon found another character to project his nasty immature self on to.

I feel so dumb for ever believing Joss Whedon could be a feminist. It was based on him being involved in a tv show with lots of “strong women characters”* and him just saying he’s a feminist!
*I love so many of these characters and that hasn’t changed.

edited to add. @Knight of Galador I just saw your comment! it’s very different when you look back at the character of Riley with that perspective, and omg yes, about Superman!

Reactions: 6
Is there a thread for chatting about Buffy? Or is it here?
I’ve just checked and I don’t think there is. I could set one up in the “tv and film” section, maybe as a Buffy and Angel thread? Or “Buffy/Angel/Firefly”? So then there’s a separate place for general fan chat?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just checked and I don’t think there is. I could set one up in the “tv and film” section, maybe as a Buffy and Angel thread? Or “Buffy/Angel/Firefly”? So then there’s a separate place for general fan chat?
A Buffy/Angel thread would be good! I would leave Firefly separate since it’s not connected to the other two?

Reactions: 3
A Buffy/Angel thread would be good! I would leave Firefly separate since it’s not connected to the other two?
Good point! Done!

Reactions: 3
Lots of men say they are feminist but dont walk the walk, they just do a lot of talking. Also, didnt he bully men too, so he treated people not in his inner circle appallingly whether they were men or women!

Reactions: 4
Excellent piece by CC, thanks for linking TriviaNewtonJohn! I've linked it in another thread

Urgh what a scumbag. Glad they went to war on him