Joss Whedon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t stand Riley, but I know a lot of people find him easy on the eye so I respect that!
I like the idea of Joss’ self insert character changing from Xander to Andrew, I’d never thought of it that way but it makes sense. By season 7 Xander had become a bit more grounded, and it’s like, subconsciously, Whedon found another character to project his nasty immature self on to.

I feel so dumb for ever believing Joss Whedon could be a feminist. It was based on him being involved in a tv show with lots of “strong women characters”* and him just saying he’s a feminist!
*I love so many of these characters and that hasn’t changed.

edited to add. @Knight of Galador I just saw your comment! it’s very different when you look back at the character of Riley with that perspective, and omg yes, about Superman!

Reactions: 6
Is there a thread for chatting about Buffy? Or is it here?
I’ve just checked and I don’t think there is. I could set one up in the “tv and film” section, maybe as a Buffy and Angel thread? Or “Buffy/Angel/Firefly”? So then there’s a separate place for general fan chat?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just checked and I don’t think there is. I could set one up in the “tv and film” section, maybe as a Buffy and Angel thread? Or “Buffy/Angel/Firefly”? So then there’s a separate place for general fan chat?
A Buffy/Angel thread would be good! I would leave Firefly separate since it’s not connected to the other two?

Reactions: 3
A Buffy/Angel thread would be good! I would leave Firefly separate since it’s not connected to the other two?
Good point! Done!

Reactions: 3
feel so dumb for ever believing Joss Whedon could be a feminist. It was based on him being involved in a tv show with lots of “strong women characters”* and him just saying he’s a feminist!
*I love so many of these characters and that hasn’t changed.
Lots of men say they are feminist but dont walk the walk, they just do a lot of talking. Also, didnt he bully men too, so he treated people not in his inner circle appallingly whether they were men or women!

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Excellent piece by CC, thanks for linking TriviaNewtonJohn! I've linked it in another thread (y)

He really is a nasty piece of work, isn't he? The original 'male feminist' director with his cult of personality turns out to be a bullying, massively egotistical wanker who threatened to harm an actress's career by making her character look stupid in the film. No different from old Harvey in many ways. He definitely did belittle her character in his cut, it's true.

Joss Whedon reportedly threatened Gal Gadot's career on Justice League, demanded she 'shut up and say the lines' (msn.com)
Urgh what a scumbag. Glad they went to war on him