Joss Whedon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
:cry::cry::cry: Buffy means so much to me. I think will taint my experience viewing it now. I hope all the cast and crew rally and show support to each other.

Where is AH with her support!?
I think it’s super unlikely she’ll say anything. Her and her husband (who played Wesley) are supposedly godparents to one of JW’s kids, and they also attended his shakespeare reading parties back in the day ... as somebody else said, they’re inner circle.

There are a lot of rumours surrounding it all - they are very much “in” with Joss. Shame on them if they don’t speak out.

I think it’s super unlikely she’ll say anything. Her and her husband (who played Wesley) are supposedly godparents to one of JW’s kids, and they also attended his shakespeare reading parties back in the day ... as somebody else said, they’re inner circle.
I wondered whether she was the one JW had had the affair with as she was rumoured to be throwing her weight around behind the scenes. Wesley wasn't around at the beginning.

I wondered whether she was the one JW had had the affair with as she was rumoured to be throwing her weight around behind the scenes. Wesley wasn't around at the beginning.
I don't think AH had an affair with him. but she was tight with him and was also rumoured to be a real bully on set to some of the other actresses.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm pretty sure Alyson did have an affair with Joss. It was on popbitch a few years ago.

Apparently Alyson and SMG were very close at first but Sarah started to distance herself from her from Season 3. I think that'll be because SMG didn't approve of the affair. I think SMG has always had a huge amount of integrity.

Here it is, it's from August 2017 so long before the recent revelations.

Long-term affairs with Julie Benz and Clare Kramer (Darla and Glory). And short flings with Alyson Hannigan, Amy Adams and Ashanti who were all on Buffy. And of course Clea Duvall back in season one. I wonder if it's true she kicked him in the balls.

About Eliza Dushku - I really like her. I've always thought people claim she was one of those he had an affair with because people are looking at the character of Faith and not ED herself. But I'm not sure. ED worked with him on Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse years later.

She's also spoke out of being assaulted when she was 12 on the set of True Lies by a stunt coordinator? A stunt 'went wrong' after she told people at the time and she was left with broken ribs. She also won a lawsuit against Michael Wetherley's sexually inappropriate behaviour on he set of Bull, so I don't think she is afraid of speaking the truth.

Someone from a band who played at wrap shows says she saw Joss being inappropriate with Eliza when she was a teenager. But whether or not they had an affair remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Joss is the grossest looking guy too.Those poor women probably thought they had no other option than to sleep with him if they wanted to keep their jobs.I wonder if that is why he hated Charisma so much,because she refused his advances?.

Reactions: 1
Joss is the grossest looking guy too.Those poor women probably thought they had no other option than to sleep with him if they wanted to keep their jobs.I wonder if that is why he hated Charisma so much,because she refused his advances?.
I don't think so. They'd worked together for 7 years by the end of season 4, you'd think he'd have made advances before then if that was the case. Clea Duvall got the role anyway, so rejecting him didn't harm her. I do wonder whether Clare Kramer only got the job because she slept with him, though.

Reactions: 1
James Marsters wrote a song about Michelle Tractenberg saying she'll grow into a woman with curves and he'd love to be with her but she's too "dangerous" because she's young. She was 15 when he wrote it. So all of those people saying he's a "good man" on twitter might want to do a quick google and delete their tweets 😬
For those interested in the song this is the lyrics and him talking about it. He's saying its actually about her crushing on him which does come across in the lyrics (although you can ses it the other way too). I'll let you all decide for yourself.
On another note all this came out because Joss was racist to Ray Fisher

I mean a Spike fan blog isn't exactly an unbiased opinion. And James Marsters is hardly going to say "yeah, I wrote that when she was 15 because I thought she was hot"

It's not a song that a person who isn't a creep would write.

Reactions: 3
I mean a Spike fan blog isn't exactly an unbiased opinion. And James Marsters is hardly going to say "yeah, I wrote that when she was 15 because I thought she was hot"

It's not a song that a person who isn't a creep would write.
Well no obviously but I was using it to show the lyrics and the video and let people decide for themselves . Also everyone says she was 17/18 when he wrote it so not quite as bad as people make it sound and it was well known she had a crush on him. Still a weird song but it's best to hear all sides before condemning someone. Don't get me wrong he is a bit creepy and his soon to be ex wife was 19 when she started dating him whilst he was 48, but that's perfectly legal if not odd 😂

Last edited:
Well no obviously but I was using it to show the lyrics and the video and let people decide for themselves . Also everyone says she was 17/18 when he wrote it so not quite as bad as people make it sound and it was well known she had a crush on him. Still a weird song but it's best to hear all sides before condemning someone. Don't get me wrong he is a bit creepy and his soon to be ex wife was 19 when she started dating him whilst he was 48, but that's perfectly legal if not odd 😂
I do think people are taking the song lyrics a little too literally. People write songs about this sort of thing all the time - sex, temptation, love, lust, unrequited feelings etc.

I think he made a throwaway comment once that Michelle had a crush on him and so it's about her, although I imagine he'd have written a song like that even if she didn't have a crush on him.

His wife was pretty young when they met, though.

I do think people are taking the song lyrics a little too literally. People write songs about this sort of thing all the time - sex, temptation, love, lust, unrequited feelings etc.

I think he made a throwaway comment once that Michelle had a crush on him and so it's about her, although I imagine he'd have written a song like that even if she didn't have a crush on him.

His wife was pretty young when they met, though.
19 wasn't she? Or at least she was when they started dating. It's odd but legal

Michelle Trachtenberg was 15 when she first appeared in Buffy, and Marsters (who was well into his 30s) would have known her since then.
So yeah, those lyrics are pretty creepy when you have that in mind. On top of that, it was her workplace! She’s got an adult twice her age writing an inappropriate song about her, and on top of that, whatever happened with Joss Whedon that meant he wasn’t allowed alone in a room with her. I feel so bad for her, that was her workplace and the adults around her should have been respectful, professional and made sure she felt safe.

Reactions: 7
Michelle Trachtenberg was 15 when she first appeared in Buffy, and Marsters (who was well into his 30s) would have known her since then.
So yeah, those lyrics are pretty creepy when you have that in mind. On top of that, it was her workplace! She’s got an adult twice her age writing an inappropriate song about her, and on top of that, whatever happened with Joss Whedon that meant he wasn’t allowed alone in a room with her. I feel so bad for her, that was her workplace and those around her should have been respectful, professional and made sure she felt safe.
Like I said depends how you interpret the lyrics they do read as he says they were meant. I do feel for Michelle. Amber Benson has said she suffered too. But he was abusive to the men too.

Like I said depends how you interpret the lyrics they do read as he says they were meant. I do feel for Michelle. Amber Benson has said she suffered too. But he was abusive to the men too.
I just think there was no need to write a song like that about your teenage colleage in the first place, however it was meant.

Reactions: 6
I just think there was no need to write a song about your teenage colleage in the first place, however it was meant.
Yeah he says he was trying to gently turn her down which is obvious in the last verse where hes saying stay away from me. But some of the suggestiveness 🤢

I feel like the worst of the abuse started later on in the show and peaked in season 6. The degrading sex scenes they made SMG shoot were awful.

SMG had always taken her status as a role model very seriously - making sure to never be pictured drinking or smoking at a time of her life when all her peers were having fun.

Joss would have known this so I feel the Spike and Buffy stuff was done to punish her and put her in her place. He'd have known that she would have hated filming that, and she says herself she made it clear. I feel she gave him an ultimatum and threatened to walk if they made her carry on with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5