Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never said he kidnapped them lol. I just commented on him hiding their passports.
She’s always tried to keep her kids out of the press, and then he takes them on a pap walk? They deserve better
Not you lol. She saying he did which makes no sense.

Isn't this a pap walk too? Literally walking.

Reactions: 6
I’m so shocked to hear Joe got a whole divorce over seemingly an off the cuff argument? Sophie posted a loving picture of the two of them August 14 and a story the next day for this birthday, but if that article is to be believed, that’s when he ended it?! What argument is so bad that you end a marriage on the spot.

I just don’t think he was ever truly on board with the England move. He was a huge fan of hers back in the day and was always bringing up GoT. I think he liked it until they had kids when he then expected her to give it up. He had no problems with it before.

I’m really intrigued with what his team will retort with now. Maybe they’ll release what it was he saw on their ring cam that was so bad he had to end it there and then.
Men put women on a pedestal. She stayed up there for quite a while because she was at his beck and call all through the kids being born and covid, she couldn't do much else. I reckon tit got real for the arrogant little boy. HIM having to put a bit of effort in and relocate for HER. HIM having to have the kids while SHE worked. HIM seeing HER on HER home ground for once. HIM having to spend time with HER family, HER friends. HIM seeing that HER life was no longer going revolve around HIM. HER having a life without HIM.

It's quite possible that she started to speak out a lot more too, once you are mixing with your own people, you gain confidence, independence, you can see a future for yourself. I'm not saying she didn't want Joe in her future but it's clear he wasn't prepared to make the same sacrifices for her as she did for him.

That's what happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
They, BOTH parents had planned a whole life there including schools, health plans and *very* recently purchasing a home. He has decided to divorce her via media and quite literally hold the children hostage. I don't have to know anything about American courts to know he's a slimeball and hopefully any judge will see the same. So it's ok for a judge to order the children to stay here against their mothers wishes? Honestly.
My post was not about ethics or morals. It was about the reality of US courts. Sophie does not have an easy case by a long shot, like some comments implied she has.

Reactions: 8
I don't find it weird that they went for food together with the kids. Plenty of separated couples do things like this for the sake of their kids so they don't see their parents at each others throats.
No, that’s completely normal! I just think it’s strange that this happened and then her sides come out days after. I’m a nosey cow and I need to know what happened in between!

Reactions: 2
Because the court of public opinion is not always aligned with American courts. I think filing in Florida is likely to make it very tricky for Sophie. American courts are never big on their citizens being taken elsewhere and Florida has become very conservative
I don’t think the fact of filing in Florida makes it more difficult for Sophie unless the Florida courts genuinely have jurisdiction, and in fact superior jurisdiction to other places where the divorce can be heard.

A case can be made that with the recent sale of the Florida home, it’s not genuinely the residence of the family including the children anymore. I am sure Sophie’s lawyers are working on this.

Reactions: 7
No, that’s completely normal! I just think it’s strange that this happened and then her sides come out days after. I’m a nosey cow and I need to know what happened in between!
Could this be when they met to swap the kids over (and passports) and he didn’t hand over the passports? Hence the suing that followed?

Reactions: 6
Could this be when they met to swap the kids over (and passports) and he didn’t hand over the passports? Hence the suing that followed?
this is what I thought! But then I read that apparently the kids can’t go anywhere until everything’s resolved, which doesn’t make any sense to me since they’ve dual citizenship, but I know nothing about the law 😅

Reactions: 1
Sophie isn't coming out that innocent now. They're all out to dinner in public then she sues him and says kidnapping? This goes with his rep account that they met and discussed amicable to then she sues out of nowhere.

She also has more pap pics with the kids than Joe's one out eating.

Reactions: 4
Sophie isn't coming out that innocent now. They're all out to dinner in public then she sues him and says kidnapping? This goes with his rep account that they met and discussed amicable to then she sues out of nowhere.

Of course she has, he was smearing her the past month saying she was an absent mother. She’s publicly showing the world that’s she is not. It’s a smart tactic, she stays silent but gives the press a teaser!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
One thing I'm not seeing much discussed is what Joe's choice to file in Florida and block Sophie from having the kids in England does for Sophie's independence.

By lying about how long the kids lived in Florida to use that state for filing, he's allowed himself to get away with refusing to allow the children to leave without risking much legal issue. So now Sophie has to choose - either she can be with her kids, or she can go home.
He's trapping her in a position where she is away from her family and support networks, as well as limiting her career options, if she wants to be with her children. And if she chooses to go home and not be trapped where he chooses, he can paint her as an absent parent.

He's also forcing a position where his family are easily available to the children but hers aren't, which allows him to claim the children have stronger relationships and support in the US by the time custody hearings roll around.

Rather rich that he and his team are accusing Sophie of trying to force the divorce to the UK to be in her favour, when he's not only hand-picked a state that works in his, but a state that allowed him to use this kind of abusive tactic to get his way.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

I’m confused about how this makes her look non-innocent? Obviously she’s suing. She wants to be able to have proper custody of her kids.
Also why are you so inclined to believe they chose to be amicable and then she backstabbed him? The comments his team have sent to the press have been far from amicable.

Reactions: 22
I honestly don't know that much about either of them (they seemed an odd match though from the off). Legally I think Joe has the finances to drag this out for a loooooong time and he certainly has a large network of family support to help with the practicalities of raising two young children were they to stay with him in the US.

However i think brand 'Jonas' and his ego for his reputation will see him back down and let Sophie bring them to the UK.

They both have the money to be able to travel to visit the children wherever they may end up but if I had the choice I would want my children to be put through the English school system rather than the US one (I know he could home school them but is that in the best interest of the children?).

Reactions: 11
LVMH is a dreadful company, but she won't have made (relatively) that much money from her acting. Dark phoenix was one of the biggest flops of recent years (not due to the actors) - so no performance bonuses and jlaw made double.

At least she's getting big money from LVMH. Joe's reputation is totally shot now, so can't see him giving up and this'll cost millions and no doubt start mentioning the Hague.

Screenshot_20230923_083654_Brave.jpg

Reactions: 3
LVMH is a dreadful company, but she won't have made (relatively) that much money from her acting. Dark phoenix was one of the biggest flops of recent years (not due to the actors) - so no performance bonuses and jlaw made double.

At least she's getting big money from LVMH. Joe's reputation is totally shot now, so can't see him giving up and this'll cost millions and no doubt start mentioning the Hague.

View attachment 2467097
I also wouldn’t be surprised if Taylor Swift helps out with legal fees like she did with Kesha.

Reactions: 16
One thing I'm not seeing much discussed is what Joe's choice to file in Florida and block Sophie from having the kids in England does for Sophie's independence.

By lying about how long the kids lived in Florida to use that state for filing, he's allowed himself to get away with refusing to allow the children to leave without risking much legal issue. So now Sophie has to choose - either she can be with her kids, or she can go home.
He's trapping her in a position where she is away from her family and support networks, as well as limiting her career options, if she wants to be with her children. And if she chooses to go home and not be trapped where he chooses, he can paint her as an absent parent.

He's also forcing a position where his family are easily available to the children but hers aren't, which allows him to claim the children have stronger relationships and support in the US by the time custody hearings roll around.

Rather rich that he and his team are accusing Sophie of trying to force the divorce to the UK to be in her favour, when he's not only hand-picked a state that works in his, but a state that allowed him to use this kind of abusive tactic to get his way.
I think he’s potentially made this situation worse by lying to the courts!

This family lawyer is great and has some interesting points on this Very issue:

Reactions: 7