Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah hope not, but it's also easy to think "he's a man, he's the violet one" and dismiss potential abuse from a woman
But that’s not what people are thinking, they are desperate for lovely Johnny to be innocent and horrible Amber to be guilty.
Is your username Joan Crawford related? ❤

Reactions: 13
Not defending JD at all, but wasn't that video of him in the kitchen filmed when his mum died?

Reactions: 4
Shes going to do the poor me, bat my eyelashes a couple of times, cry a lot act isn't she..... Shes bleeping vile

Reactions: 15
But that’s not what people are thinking, they are desperate for lovely Johnny to be innocent and horrible Amber to be guilty.
Is your username Joan Crawford related? ❤
Yeah I'm just playing devil's advocate a bit, as I know some people just can't believe a man can be physically abused, but I'm sure neither of them is really innocent.

Unfortunately not, it's just a random username, but that would be way cooler if it was!

Reactions: 6
My granddad died. Doesn't give me the right to abuse my partner
But in that clip he never actually hit her (not to say he didn't when it cut out), she was repeatedly asking what was wrong when she knew his mum had just died. If my parent had just died I'd be pretty annoyed if my partner was goading me to react, why else would you record it 🤷‍♀️. Again I'm not saying he was never violent, I'm just giving another perspective.

Reactions: 23
But in that clip he never actually hit her (not to say he didn't when it cut out), she was repeatedly asking what was wrong when she knew his mum had just died. If my parent had just died I'd be pretty annoyed if my partner was goading me to react, why else would you record it 🤷‍♀️. Again I'm not saying he was never violent, I'm just giving another perspective.
I does sound like she is goading him, I agree. Maybe they were as bad as each other. Maybe she desperately wanted to film some evidence to prove what he is like.
Either way, I wouldn't want to live with someone I was afraid of, or felt I had to tred carefully around.
And physical isn't the only kind of abuse.

Reactions: 10
I does sound like she is goading him, I agree. Maybe they were as bad as each other. Maybe she desperately wanted to film some evidence to prove what he is like.
Either way, I wouldn't want to live with someone I was afraid of, or felt I had to tred carefully around.
And physical isn't the only kind of abuse.
I definitely think they were both as bad as each other, from reading what's being said in court they both seemed to be very childish towards each other.

Reactions: 10
The public opinion about this to me is extremely interesting, and quite revealing.

All I see based on evidence so far is JD as the face of DARVO. His every answer is “I don’t remember, I don’t recall, but that definitely never happened”.

A lot of his “evidence” to discredit Amber is misogynistic and not even relevant. If she used him for fame and fortune, so what? That doesn’t mean she deserved to be hit. Also with the cheating, the bisexuality, even the alleged defecation in their bed - none of it is relevant in terms of his defending himself from being called a “wife beater”.

It’s interesting to me that he denies almost everything that happened where he could be blamed and claims she made everything up and faked it all, whereas Amber doesn’t deny anything happening as far as I have seen, she just has a different story to him as to how injuries occured. When he can’t deny something he says he can’t remember, which seems to happen a lot. I don’t think his drug use puts him as the best witness to defend himself.

I don’t think Amber is innocent at all, but I do think there is no such thing as a perfect victim, and that victims of domestic abuse can retaliate and do ugly, awful things to their abusers. I think they are going to have experts talking about this later in the trial.

At best, they are as bad as each other, but I just cannot see how it is possible that Depp is innocent at this stage.

I think his ego and desire to ruin AH were very clear from The Rolling Stone piece, and this is what’s led him to sue The Sun.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The public opinion about this to me is extremely interesting, and quite revealing.

All I see based on evidence so far is JD as the face of DARVO. His every answer is “I don’t remember, I don’t recall, but that definitely never happened”.

A lot of his “evidence” to discredit Amber is misogynistic and not even relevant. If she used him for fame and fortune, so what? That doesn’t mean she deserved to be hit. Also with the cheating, the bisexuality, even the alleged defecation in their bed - none of it is relevant in terms of his defending himself from being called a “wife beater”.

It’s interesting to me that he denies almost everything that happened where he could be blamed and claims she made everything up and faked it all, whereas Amber doesn’t deny anything happening as far as I have seen, she just has a different story to him as to how injuries occured. When he can’t deny something he says he can’t remember, which seems to happen a lot. I don’t think his drug use puts him as the best witness to defend himself.

I don’t think Amber is innocent at all, but I do think there is no such thing as a perfect victim, and that victims of domestic abuse can retaliate and do ugly, awful things to their abusers. I think they are going to have experts talking about this later in the trial.

At best, they are as bad as each other, but I just cannot see how it is possible that Depp is innocent at this stage.

I think his ego and desire to ruin AH were very clear from The Rolling Stone piece, and this is what’s led him to sue The Sun.
Couldn't agree more. So easy to shrug and say you don't remember.
The transcript from the court is very interesting and in my opinion, Johnny is using the misogynistic press and general, well, misogyny in the world, against Amber.

I think people watch his films and believe he is thst loveable rogue character, heart of gold but a bit of a chancer. I think reality couldn't be further from that picture, he is a vile addict who takes his moods out on those around him.
It sounds as if a lot of the abuse was witnessed by Amber's sister and by Johnny's assistants.
But he will win his case Im sure, and she will be vilified forever.

Reactions: 16
The audio is another point - I can understand why people would feel Amber is abusive based on it, but so is he!

He continually gaslights her during their discussion and when she tries to pivot away from that, he asks her why she can’t answer his questions, framing her as unreasonable. She gets more and more frustrated when he does so. It feels like he is winding her up and looking for holes to exploit in what she’s saying.

I think a lot of people believe abusers are the ones who are loud, who shout the most etc, but that is not always the case. Also, presumably he behaved differently when not sober?

Again, I don’t think Amber is innocent but neither is Johnny. He is very sly in that audio and I’m surprised nobody has picked up on it.

Reactions: 12
He said he’s tried every drug under the sun yesterday in court and that he’d been in a bad place re drink and drugs when his relationship broke up with Vanessa, he was very candid about his drug abuse and talked about his idols such as Hunter S Thompson being very in to experimenting with opiates and how he tried to emulate that.

This is where I am with it. I don’t like her, I think she was fake hungry and wanted to climb the ladder and thought he would help but I think they had a really toxic unhappy relationship with a lot of drink and drug use on both sides. We’ve seen the start of his testimony and he has voice recordings of her being abusive so we know that happened. I like to think that he wasn’t abusive back because I always loved him but I honestly don’t know 🤷‍♀️ But like you say, would you take a paper to court if They were telling the truth? Would your legal team let you? Would you risk everything else coming out? It doesn’t seem likely that he would.
My mistake, someone on my fb was following it on twitter and had made a big deal about fhe drug part. I didn’t check that myself.

Haha no I think he meant twice with Marilyn manson, million times without. He said he's tried every drug possible by the age of 14 which is crazy, no wonder he's a bit mental
That makes more sense haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

this is an interesting angle that I hadn’t noticed before. You’re right; he can’t remember a lot but he’s definite it didn’t happen. The bed thing is weird because he’s not 100% sure it was her, so why bring it up if not to embarrass her? Also being a social climber or marrying him from his fame might be morally the wrong thing, but it’s not illegal.

Reactions: 14
At the end of the day, hitting is never okay. This is what we try to teach our kids, right? It doesn't matter how much someone winds you up, it is still not justifiable to turn round and hit them. I don't hear him claiming self-defence. I think she threw things at him, and slapped him (which isn't okay either)... I think she said things that pushed his buttons, to see how far she could push him. Definitely a toxic relationship. I think his drink and drug problems will have made him irrational and yes, a monster at time, that he either forgets or can't bear to think about when he's sober. I'm guessing she wasn't completely drug and alcohol free either at these times, but perhaps that isn't really relevant. Reminds me a bit of Celeste in Big Little Lies, who doesn't entirely feel like the victim and feels like its a dirty secret about their marriage because she does fight back, even though ultimately he can always overpower her. And they love each other, get on amazingly and have great sex so perhaps its just the price she has to pay for her seemingly perfect life.

this is an interesting angle that I hadn’t noticed before. You’re right; he can’t remember a lot but he’s definite it didn’t happen. The bed thing is weird because he’s not 100% sure it was her, so why bring it up if not to embarrass her? Also being a social climber or marrying him from his fame might be morally the wrong thing, but it’s not illegal.
I took it as he knew it was her or she'd got a friend to do it, and JD is showing the low point they'd reached in their dysfunctional relationship.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I'm just playing devil's advocate a bit, as I know some people just can't believe a man can be physically abused, but I'm sure neither of them is really innocent.

Unfortunately not, it's just a random username, but that would be way cooler if it was!
I went out with a very nice man for a few months who was abused by an ex female partner. He had children from a previous marriage, one of whom was very ill and in hospital. He didn’t tell me about the abuse straight away though. He told me prior to a court hearing with the abusive ex (not the mother of his children). He had a lot going on his life due to this and couldn’t devote any time to a relationship so we parted ways. He also told me that he did not want any more children as he wouldn’t be able to cope if something else happened. He did call me a while later - about 18 months later and left a message. I’m sorry to say I did not call him back. My life had moved in and changed a lot and I was going through some bad times. He told me what the abusive ex had done and I was horrified. He knew it was unusual but didn’t feel able to tell me until just before the court date was looming.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
Plus, people love to harp on about how she’s a goldigger who used him for his money as if he had no agency at all. No one mentions what he was getting from transaction- a young pretty thing on his arm to indulge his ego and hurt his ex. They used each other.

there's definitely lots we don’t know about this situation but what drives me mad is all the pro-Depp supporters who came out of the woodwork as soon as there was a chance her domestic violence accusations might be discredited. All these (mainly men) who were desperate to shout from the rooftops “look woman lie about domestic violence - or are even the perpetrators”but the year before when it looked like a straightforward case of domestic violence with Heard as the victim ? These men had no interest in commenting then or offering her support. If questioned at the time they would probably say they don’t follow celebrity drama. Then suddenly they do....In other words, they’ve no interest in supporting a woman accusing a man of domestic violence as 99% of cases simply are - but on the rare chance they can accuse that woman of lieing? That’s a story worth promoting and investing in.

Reactions: 25
I feel like I’m in the minority, and of course we don’t know the whole story yet as the trial hasn’t finished, but I’m not exactly ‘team Johnny’. The amount of drugs he’s professed to taking, how can he even remember what he did or did not do? Plus the interview he did with Rolling Stone has shown he’s bad side. At the moment, to me at least, he’s a junkie who has been shown to have violent tendencies (look at the text messages he sent about murdering Amber). He’s a talented actor and his children seem to adore him, but he’s not innocent little Johnny Depp that some social media posters seem to think.
Absolutely, but equally she’s not little innocent wife beaten Amber either. This is what happens when toxic people form a relationship unfortunately. There doesn’t seem to be a winner in this.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.