John Barrowman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I don’t understand why fans are defending him, all so he can do signings and autographs?

I know this off topic is completely, but I’ve emailed Tattle Life multiple times to request deletion of my account and they have not responded, yet they’re actively moderating comments constantly. Anyone else encountered long response times with the Tattle Life team?
You can do it yourself on settings

How the hell is he on prime time tv tonight presenting All Star Musicals! Shame on ITV

Reactions: 3
How the hell is he on prime time tv tonight presenting All Star Musicals! Shame on ITV
I guess he's been 'rehabilitated'. I think when I go into work on Monday I'll get my willy out in the office, I might get a promotion!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
To be fair, acting is not quite like an office job, and actors do pull pranks on each other. On the Noel Clarke thread, someone referenced a story Phoebe Waller-Bridge told on Graham Norton show about flashing her private bits at a fellow actor on stage as a joke. I also remember she did an interview where she talked a lot about her love for farting, and I think even did it in front of the interviewer - that’s not something I would appreciate someone at work doing, but she seemed quite proud of that.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I'm just watching the Doctor Who special for New Year's Day 2021. When Captain Jack frees the Doctor from jail, he says he committed crimes to get there. I'm watching thinking, 'what, like indecent exposure and sexual assault by flopping your penis onto people's bodies?'

Reactions: 6
His career was hanging on by a thread even before this kicked off. He was relying on reality tv to get by. He's hardly Michael Buble, is he?

Reactions: 1
In fairness he used to have a small but strong following. Definitely used to be able to sell out a UK tour, and also used to be a big box office name in panto which is very lucrative. His career has really nosedived

Actually speaking of panto. Youtube recommended me this clip of John in panto several years ago. I'd always heard how good he was in panto but I'm actually surprised how unnatural his delivery is. It could be the recording bur it's all quite cringe (and I'm a big panto fan...when done right)

Reactions: 2
His career is screwed and it's never coming back. His new album failed to make the Top 100 which means it must have sold less than a hundred copies and his upcoming tour, already cancelled once, looks dead in the water.

If you follow him on socials, his behaviour can be concerning, swinging between manic shrillness to complete despondency. Although his behaviour was wrong, and his 'apologies' mealy-mouthed, I always got the feeling he was, at heart, a good guy, and I was impressed with the way he promoted LGBT+ rights and called out racism and other forms of bigotry. Attacking him further at this point seems like cruelty and I would genuinely worry about his mental health.

Noel Clarke, on the other hand, can go ¤¤¤¤ himself.

Reactions: 4
Good hearted? Popping your knob onto someone’s shoulder isn’t just boisterous behaviour! Should’ve been prosecuted.
Most overrated Scottish American whatever the hell accent I will use around ….no wonder the tour is cancelled, as he should be!

Reactions: 8
Yeah I disagree on the good hearted, he did good stuff for public image and self promotion, and nothing more. He's never been able to handle criticism or anyone who disagrees with him. He loves attention focused on himself and loves to be in a position of power.

He has got away with a lot for decades. Karma.

I should say that my sympathies for Barrowman are genuine but limited. It is possible to worry about his mental state at this time and acknowledge that his crassness and stupidity have led him to this point, as it would have done anyone. All he had to do was not take out his genitalia at work. That's not an unreasonable expectation.

yeah his tv career is over. He’s probably got some weird die hard fans so maybe he’ll do small venues to get by but after the ITV drop he won’t work there again. His biggest role was obviously Doctor Who but there’s no way they’d ever invite him back either. I think his childish tantrum reaction to the backlash on his behaviour really turned a lot of people off. I don’t remember any sort of genuine apology or reevaluating his actions. He just seemed to keep biting back on social media like a child

Reactions: 7
Exactly, he still doesn't see he has done anything wrong. It's also quite telling that none of his colleagues were really leaping to his defense, even his recent ones in Arrow.

There are plenty of guys in the west end that I'm sure could tell a story or two as well.

He also seemed to think captain Jack was more of a big a deal than he really was. Then the surprising leap to Hollywood, it just all fed an already out of control ego.

Reactions: 4
Exactly, he still doesn't see he has done anything wrong. It's also quite telling that none of his colleagues were really leaping to his defense, even his recent ones in Arrow.
I get 'showbiz types' (take that as you will) probably find it hard not to act-out when off-screen. But considering all the hard-work is must take to become a mainstream 'star' you'd think you would try your very best to show some self-control. It's a privilege to be 'famous' and to be well-paid for it, not a right. Plenty of people would give their right-arm to be in that position and as such you have a responsibility to behave yourself ... or at the very least be very discreet in your malfeasance. I don't think that's too much to ask for a public figure, especially one who has younger fans.

Don't call us John, we'll call you. You got your shot at fame and you fucked it up. NEXT.

I did warm to John in I’m a Celebrity but think he probably needs to retire. There is no defense really for persistent penis exposure, and laughing about it.

For sure those were different times but by today’s fortunate standards, pretty despicable.

Imagine any other job where a coworker would be flashing his bits around! Ugh!

It’s a good idea to take some time off SM, his recent spat with a former friend / coworker seems a little unstable.

Reactions: 2
The different times doesn't wash with me tbh, I'm 40 and I've never known it as being ok to do that, even for a joke. Hell even my grandparents generation wouldn't.

Did anyone see the clip of Louis Walsh behaving inappropriately towards Mel B? I'll put it in a spoiler because it's not directly Barrowman related and might be triggering for some people.

Why are these men with no concept of boundaries still on TV?

Reactions: 3