John Barrowman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He also seemed to think captain Jack was more of a big a deal than he really was. Then the surprising leap to Hollywood, it just all fed an already out of control ego
Absolutely! He was a side returning character, and his absurd overacting made even David Tennant look restrained. His desperation when keeping asking to come back was embarrassing.

Reactions: 7
The different times doesn't wash with me tbh, I'm 40 and I've never known it as being ok to do that, even for a joke. Hell even my grandparents generation wouldn't.
It doesn’t wash with me either but a good portion of people seem to think that this kind of thing was ‘ok’ back in the day.

It’s the Celebrity Juice culture of enjoying making people uncomfortable and finding negative responses hilarious.

Reactions: 9
Why are these men with no concept of boundaries still on TV?
Still a long way to go judging by the morons excusing his “harmless antics” on his Instagram post 🤮

He’s never been my cup of tea, wreaked of desperation and I turned over whenever he was on tele. He reminds me of an old James Charles, another seedy narcissist.

Btw I only knew Eve Myles from Keeping Faith, loved her in that, thought she was stunning blonde.

Reactions: 4
I liked him back in the Movie Game and Live and Kicking days on bbc as a kid. But over the last 20 years he has got worse, more entitled and more predatory

Reactions: 3
I was a big fan back in the early days of Doctor Who/Torchwood. I'd go to conventions and his concerts and it was a good time. The stories told of his behaviour at work told for laughs didn't register for the unpleasant sleaze they were as I was so much younger and a bit clueless.

It's really, really sad to see what's become of him. Not excusing him at all as I think he does need to face ramifications for being unable to just hold his hands up and say sorry, I was wrong (and actually mean it) but he comes across as someone who is on the verge of a big mental breakdown and I hope that doesn't happen. Ideally, with his wealth he would get some therapy and take a good look at why he just might have been in the wrong and learn from it but this is easier said than done.

Reactions: 5
As Jim Royle would say 'mental breakdown my arse'. He's a disgusting entitled pervert who is only pissed that he can't wave his cock around at any given moment any more. He can get in the bleeping bin and stay there.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
As Jim Royle would say 'mental breakdown my arse'. He's a disgusting entitled pervert who is only pissed that he can't wave his cock around at any given moment any more. He can get in the bleeping bin and stay there.
Agreed. To me he was the sort of guy who thought he could just about do anything he wanted. All jazz hands and turkey teef.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

...And a Merry Christmas to you too. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I wasn't using it to excuse him, as I made very clear.

Just an observation, and one that could indeed be entirely wrong for all I know.

I've been on a real tear recently. About 'enablers'. Not that I forgive John, not at all. But let's just take a moment; it's the enablers who allow people like John to show their willy to people. Obviously it's not in the same ballpark, not by a million miles, I'm just illustrating the point: The BBC enabled Savillie to abuse people. It's the ENABLERS we should really be targeting here. I'm going back to Chris Evans ... brilliant broadcaster, millions of viewers -- liked to get his dick out; they all turned a blind-eye. Who? The TV execs. The faceless enablers of these sex-offenders. Why? For viewers, for money. MONEY. Hollywood; Weinstein ... M.O.N.E.Y.

Reactions: 10
Re: the Barrowman situation, I think it should be pointed out that when somebody complained about his behaviour, the producers reprimanded him, so it’s not like they turned a blind eye.
Personally, I think that his antics are juvenile and disgusting, but many people who worked with him are on record saying that it’s brilliant fun. At fan conventions, he used to literally show his bare bottom to the audience and get loud cheers, and actually people would ask him specifically to do that. At least once he put a fan’s phone down his pants and took a picture, and she said it was the best day of her life or something like that, and others were quite excited, and not a single person said “eww.” Not to mention he told the story about waving his dick around several times and the audience ate it up and he got zero repercussions at the time. It’s all on youtube btw, and a lot of comments are quite positive as well.
I mean, it’s fair to blame the producers for a lot of things that went down on set, and of course Barrowman carries his own responsibility, but talking about enablers, it’s clear that a lot of people in the audience enabled his behaviour for years.

I mean, it’s fair to blame the producers for a lot of things that went down on set, and of course Barrowman carries his own responsibility, but talking about enablers, it’s clear that a lot of people in the audience enabled his behaviour for years.
Oh please. I used to love watching Jimmy Saville as a kid ... are you going to blame me for his his abuse?

Back in the day we just thought Saville was a wacky eccentric dude, we were too naive to see he was creepy. His victims had cried out, some of them at least but by then he was in such a high pedestal they had no chance to expose him. Saville was also a champion groomer.

There is certainly an element of grooming too in JB’s case. He convinced his fan base / entourages that his lewd behaviour was all in good jest and acceptable.

I remember watching him on Celebrity Juice am sure he mentioned about getting his bit or arse our and the audience thought it was hilarious. Leigh Francis milked that for laughs. He is another one who found humour in putting others in embarrassing situations.

There were specific requests from the audience, like “John, you took your pants off during your panel yesterday, are you going to do it for us today?” which is the very thing he is being accused of. If somebody told Savile “you abused kids on camera, could you repeat that for us,” yes, I would say it’s the same thing.

Reactions: 2
Oh please. I used to love watching Jimmy Saville as a kid ... are you going to blame me for his his abuse?
So was I, but I'm pretty sure neither of us were jumping up and down encouraging him to abuse children.

John barrowman is a product of his own ego and his fellow cast members, crew and fans egging him on over the years. To the point now that he just can't see he has ever done anything wrong

All over for him now, just shows that getting your cock out at work is never a good policy 🤦‍♂️ nasty individual

Holly and Phil should not be on daytime TV.

See how they both distanced themselves from Leigh Francis after the shift away from Celebrity Juice being acceptable TV.

Queue-gate and the ensuing lies afterwards were bad enough. Phil’s deception about his relationship with a show runner, now the whole debacle with his brother. It really is time for the pair of them to go!

Reactions: 6
Lasted 30 minutes on Who Dares Wins apparently.

Was this supposed to be part of his rehabilitation and reinvention as a wholesome celebrity? Ooops.

Didn't take his chance to return to TV andyry and show himself in a better light, to try and rebuild his career did he.

Glad he left as it makes it more likely he will continue to not get offered TV roles.

Reactions: 5