Joe Wicks #9 For those who can’t see through his act, you can buy his Bodycoach app

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought this was a bit weird. "Thank you (to his wife) for showing me how to be more patient, more loving and more understanding" to his children. It sounds like he's not as laid back as he'd have us believe.
He has said stuff like that quite a few times. That Rosie is so patient with them compared to him, and that he has to exercise to keep himself calm. Once he had to sit in the car and compose himself before he went into the house to see the kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
He has said stuff like that quite a few times. That Rosie is so patient with them compared to him, and that he has to exercise to keep himself calm. Once he had to sit in the car and compose himself before he went into the house to see the kids.
I was just surprised as he's a big kid and thought he'd be a pain get the kids over excited and never playing bad cop. His public side is so different to the real him.

Reactions: 6
He can’t actually cook. If it’s not pouring coconut milk over veg to make a ‘curry’ or stirring a risotto he’s done. Nothing wrong with that of course...if you’re not trying to convince people you came up with several books worth of recipes.

I don’t know how Rosie can entertain his shite.
I bought his first book about 5 years ago, before I knew how to cook. I thought it was pretty great, easy, healthy...

Recently i revisited it to try out some healthy recipes and I’m appalled at how awful they are. They make no sense from a health perspective either. His lasagne calls for way too much pasta, hardly any seasoning - recipe doesn’t even mention salt and pepper!

he loves to chuck in curry paste with some coconut milk and call it a meal.

those curries taste watery and awful. Much MUCH better to buy a couple of spices/seasoning, gently roast them in a bit of oil, then add the veg and coconut milk. Tastes 1000x better and only slightly more hassle. it’s probably healthier, if not on a par with, store bought curry pastes.

I honestly can’t believe he got to where he is with such a poor understanding of food and taste. I guess his shameless self promotion and serious endeavours in cultivating his nice guy persona have managed to dissuade people from realising how awful his advice is.

I’ve heard many a PT call his form when exercising terrible too.

he’s a gigantic fraud and I can’t wait for the day his chickens come home to roost. He treated his ex poorly and he’s lucky she’s too classy to go public about it.

Reactions: 15
Perhaps Joe cant be trusted not to spill his Spag Bol down his tops as hes always filming and poking others food rather than concentrating on enjoying the dinner 🤣(and Rosies fed up with trying to get the stains out of his clothes too) so he has to take his top of like the kids 🤣 perhaps someone will gift him a giant bib !
I think us tattlers could group together and send him a couple of bibs with what we think of him on 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought this was a bit weird. "Thank you (to his wife) for showing me how to be more patient, more loving and more understanding" to his children. It sounds like he's not as laid back as he'd have us believe.
He had to go and hide in the park one evening because he couldn’t handle bedtime !!

• Haha
Perhaps Joe cant be trusted not to spill his Spag Bol down his tops as hes always filming and poking others food rather than concentrating on enjoying the dinner 🤣(and Rosies fed up with trying to get the stains out of his clothes too) so he has to take his top of like the kids 🤣 perhaps someone will gift him a giant bib !
I'm crap at eating and drinking. I spill everything down my front, if I bite into anything, it shatters into pieces all over me. I literally can't even have a soft drink without spilling it on me. I try really hard, but I honestly need a bib. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder if he has a temper??

Reactions: 10
I wonder if he has a temper??
He did have an awful childhood, but I just don't get how he can be so laid back, or seem it. Most angry people are angry a lot, or it's just below the surface, but he doesn't seem like that. He makes me angry though! I can't stand him.

I'm crap at eating and drinking. I spill everything down my front, if I bite into anything, it shatters into pieces all over me. I literally can't even have a soft drink without spilling it on me. I try really hard, but I honestly need a bib. 😂
I probably shouldn't have been so hard on Joe cos im a clumsy eater too lol ! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3

no one *this* uptight, regimented and generally obsessed with food/exercise ... is laid back

Reactions: 12
Yeah I dont think he's laid back at all, he just likes to portray he is laid back. There's been plenty of times he's left the house during bedtime to go to the park, we can only guess why he physically had to walk out, seems extreme for dad of the year? begs the question, what he would have done if he'd have stayed? often walking out of the situation is advice given to people in order to avoid getting to the stage where you do lose your temper. It could be argued he's doing the right thing by walking out but its not something I agree with a parent. If my husband walked out during bed time routine, there would be a divorce on the cards! then again he's not a multi-millionaire and we can't afford an ice bath & canadian sauna in our garden!

Reactions: 13
Why can't they have a normal family dinner without him filming it?
This!! Constantly shoving the camera in his children's faces when they're eating and making them perform like monkeys. What's this? What's that? Is it yummy? It's just non-stop and must be awful for those kids. He's such a giant arse and if he came to my granny's table with no shirt on he would have been sent packing real quick!!

Yeah I dont think he's laid back at all, he just likes to portray he is laid back. There's been plenty of times he's left the house during bedtime to go to the park, we can only guess why he physically had to walk out, seems extreme for dad of the year? begs the question, what he would have done if he'd have stayed? often walking out of the situation is advice given to people in order to avoid getting to the stage where you do lose your temper. It could be argued he's doing the right thing by walking out but its not something I agree with a parent. If my husband walked out during bed time routine, there would be a divorce on the cards! then again he's not a multi-millionaire and we can't afford an ice bath & canadian sauna in our garden!
Wow! Divorce him just because he gets frustrated? That seems very extreme. I think couples need to work as a team. And not expect the other to be perfect. Nothing wrong with no having patience .. it is how you cope with that inability that makes it right or wrong. Going on a walk to stop you shouting at your children, I 100% respect that.

My husband struggles with his temper, and one of the things i love about him is that I have never once heard him shout. He has never raised his voice at me or our children. He always just walks away. Which take a strong man to be able to do. (I know I have shouted at him before..). But to be able to collect your thoughts/ calm yourself and to properly communicate when you get back. It is a hard skill to have.
- And don’t worry. If I find something too frustrating, or if I have had a hard day - I am 100% also taking the break I need. i will have my long bath or go to a café child free. He support swings both ways

Personally I think one of Joe’s redeeming features is that he hasn’t claimed to be perfect (just 99% perfect). He clearly had a messed up childhood. I just hope he supports Rosie in the same way she supports him.

I do think the fame has massively gone to his head. And it seems like he has money to burn. So he is really out of touch with reality. It’s sad really. I think if he wasn’t famous then he could have been a great Dad. He would have really tried, and been very hands on - which beats a lot of dads out there. His kids would have eaten healthy food, and lead a pretty active lifestyle. But now it just all seems to be a show. Trying to get his kids to perform. Indy is also on the road to having a damaging childhood - but in a different way. If you only ever praise a child for achievements .. then they will feel they have to succeed to be of value.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It’s not normal to film your children eating their dinner and haranguing them with questions over who cooked it best. It’s weird and uncomfortable- it’s just a spag Bol, why is he getting so worked up over it? Poor kids look so sweet and well-behaved but god knows what they’ll grow up thinking. Joe bangs on about how “terrible” his childhood was but he needs to look closely at his own manic behaviour and see how that will very easily influence his children. Maybe in 30 years we’ll have little Marley slagging his childhood off to all and sundry like Joe has done...

Reactions: 19
I have to say I wouldn't be very impressed if my husband stomped off out of the house leaving me to put two crying babies to bed on my own either. I see what you're saying, but I definitely wouldn't be happy about it.

He also has an eating disorder, his relationship with food is far from normal. And he is absolutely obsessive about his children's diet. He's gone through periods of only giving them low carb meals, doesn't give them snacks (and even meals sometimes) because he wants them to be really hungry at mealtimes and eat their meals for the camera.

This is all stuff he has documented quite openly on instagram, so I can only imagine what he does off camera.

I think he is about as far from laid back as it gets.

Reactions: 21
Out of curiosity I went on his insta for the first time properly in a few months.

I think it’s vile the way he’s sticking a camera in his kids faces while they are trying tohave dinner. What sort of behaviours does that reinforce? It definitely does not encourage them to have a good relationship with food.

I can almost get behind people’s rationale for putting their kids on Instagram. But Rosie gets more privacy from his gram than she bothers to get for her kids. Clearly she doesn’t want to be in the vids that much, so why is she not protecting her kids?

it comes across as so exploitive, just so he can sell himself as a family man and reinforce his “wean in 15”.

my next thoughts were that he just doesn’t look good. He’s only a few years older than me but looks so much more haggard and tired than he did a few years ago. The greys in his beard, the crow lines... could just be genetics but could also be years of pushing your body to extremities and not eating properly.

The joe wicks of five years ago was chirpy and had relatively unpretentious recipes.

now he looks like some sort of mini tyrant, controlling the foodin the house and expecting everyone to feed into his brand. No time for relaxing, always gotta be at hand ready to perform.

he must know deep down his recipes are crap, his exercise techniques are crap so he’s trying to go down the wellness route a bit and expand as a family brand.

what started off as a genuine love of fitness has turned into greed and excess pride. He constantly needs to show off new expensive trinkets in his giant tacky mansion, show off his trophy wife who is pretty enough for the grid just about, but more importantly is docile enough to let him continue with his nonsense. He has to do whatever he can to keep the £££s rolling in. The guy next door persona is gone completely.

what a sad thing to see happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Agree, filming when they are eating is just weird. How will he cope when Indie goes to school and he's not there to film her! She will be looking for the camera too!

Reactions: 10
Agree, filming when they are eating is just weird. How will he cope when Indie goes to school and he's not there to film her! She will be looking for the camera too!
Can you imagine him at Sport’s Day, jeez the show he would make of the parent’s race!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.