Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I think it's better being joint but whoever is in charge can decide lol. I guess if it wasn't for their relationship we wouldn't have much to talk about 😅

Apparently there is a new vlog tonight. Joe doesn't seem to be vlogging as much these days. Even if he is busy, that's sorta the point of vlogging- to show what you've been up to. Quite shocked at how poorly his last thatcher Joe video did - even with Dianne in the thumbnail wasn't enough to bait people into watching. It was a pretty dumb idea. Maybe they should have done a few hair styles in one video to make it more interesting. I hope he wasn't planning to make a series out of it lol the low viewing figures sure do talk. No one is interested. I am looking forward to their next 'In the pan' video. Not sure when Easter is but Joe said they were going to be making an Easter cake that hasn't been done before so idk if that's the next video or not but I do enjoy baking more than cooking!

I never thought the day would come where Joe taste testing foods with Oli for the millionth time, would get more views than him and Dianne doing a hair tutorial.
He just needs to ditch the channel completely. As even having Dianne feature in it, didn't help with the views.

You'd think with the new audience he's gained he'd start doing more adult content.

Next Thread Title suggestion: Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the Pan or a Trip in Chippy the Van

Needs a bit of work I think. But an idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I never thought the day would come where Joe taste testing foods with Oli for the millionth time, would get more views than him and Dianne doing a hair tutorial.
He just needs to ditch the channel completely. As even having Dianne feature in it, didn't help with the views.

You'd think with the new audience he's gained he'd start doing more adult content.
Well guys this is what I’ve been banging on about for months,he’s not interested anymore and neither are his audience.

People keep saying he needs to change it up a bit or do more ‘adult’ content but what?Nobody ever actually makes any decent suggestions,I’m just interested in what you think he should be doing.The whole in the pan thing is definitely a change from the usual drivel and targeted at a slightly more mature audience but that’s nothing to do with his thatcherjoe brand.

Reactions: 1
People are and can still be interested that video idea was just horrible. The ASOS video did just fine.

Reactions: 3
Next Thread Title suggestion: Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the Pan or a Trip in Chippy the Van

Needs a bit of work I think. But an idea.
Bahah I love this! And the fact you put Dianne Buswell ft Joe Sugg is very apt. She is becoming more relevant than him and has stolen the majority of his fanbase 😭😂

Yeah, I think it's better being joint but whoever is in charge can decide lol. I guess if it wasn't for their relationship we wouldn't have much to talk about 😅

Apparently there is a new vlog tonight. Joe doesn't seem to be vlogging as much these days. Even if he is busy, that's sorta the point of vlogging- to show what you've been up to. Quite shocked at how poorly his last thatcher Joe video did - even with Dianne in the thumbnail wasn't enough to bait people into watching. It was a pretty dumb idea. Maybe they should have done a few hair styles in one video to make it more interesting. I hope he wasn't planning to make a series out of it lol the low viewing figures sure do talk. No one is interested. I am looking forward to their next 'In the pan' video. Not sure when Easter is but Joe said they were going to be making an Easter cake that hasn't been done before so idk if that's the next video or not but I do enjoy baking more than cooking!
Bet that London Barber was annoyed when he got with Diane. He used to blog himself cutting joes hair and seems dianne will be his hairdresser now. Not that he looks like he’s had it cut for a LONG TIME

I watched Joe's vlog and saw the sneak peak on Twitter, which Joe has since removed and the part was also cut from the finished vlog. He said in the clip that they had the leave the UK for Dianne visa.

Can someone explain why she had to go to another country for just one night, like what is the purpose of this? And if what was to do with her visa application wouldn't it take longer than one night?

I watched Joe's vlog and saw the sneak peak on Twitter, which Joe has since removed and the part was also cut from the finished vlog. He said in the clip that they had the leave the UK for Dianne visa.

Can someone explain why she had to go to another country for just one night, like what is the purpose of this? And if what was to do with her visa application wouldn't it take longer than one night?
I’m British so not sure how it works here as never had to do it.

But knew a couple of people who lived in Thailand and every three months I think it was they had to go out of the border usually just for a night, then get a new stamp on the way back in to give them 3 more months visa.

I’d have thought the UK procedure was a bit stricter than that though and that Strictly would sort her with working visa too so I dunno?

Right now, I think it was a badly made joke, which was probably edited out because it might have caused unnecessary admin headaches, if the Immigration Dept had been alerted to it.

Fair question. I do not think it was a Visa issue at all. From my inadequate understanding of the current Immigration Visa system, a person can apply for a Standard Visa, which would allow a dancer to work for up to 6 months before having to exit UK. Even with longer visas of 2 years +, there is still a requirement to exit every 6 months. Accordingly, you get this system of Channel hopping, where somebody exits briefly, to comply with the exit requirement of a Visa, before returning on a new Visa. Confusingly, you can go in and out during the currency of a Visa, but you still have to exit at the end of it.

The reason why I have concentrated on the Standard visa is because Johannes Roberres (sp?) apparently left Strictly at the end of the last series to return home to South Africa for a holiday. He was allegedly cursed by his Pro colleagues, because he hit a Visa problem, which delayed his return, and therefore disrupted the rehearsals for the January tour. This suggests Johannes was on a 6 month Visa which had expired.

If you translate that for Dianne (and other Pro non-EU dancers such as the Russians), it might suggest they arrive here in the last 2 weeks of June to secure accommodation, and then have 6 months before they have to exit. I.e. mid December. That then gives them a restart time (if they arrive back in early January) for the next 6 months until the end of June, after which they either go home for another family visit, or join the Strictly cruise and have a pleasant Meditteranean vacation. However it goes, I cannot see why Dianne needed to exit UK in March/April for Visa purposes.

Right now, I think it was a badly made joke, which was probably edited out because it might have caused unnecessary admin headaches, if the Immigration Dept had been alerted to it.

Fair question. I do not think it was a Visa issue at all. From my inadequate understanding of the current Immigration Visa system, a person can apply for a Standard Visa, which would allow a dancer to work for up to 6 months before having to exit UK. Even with longer visas of 2 years +, there is still a requirement to exit every 6 months. Accordingly, you get this system of Channel hopping, where somebody exits briefly, to comply with the exit requirement of a Visa, before returning on a new Visa. Confusingly, you can go in and out during the currency of a Visa, but you still have to exit at the end of it.

The reason why I have concentrated on the Standard visa is because Johannes Roberres (sp?) apparently left Strictly at the end of the last series to return home to South Africa for a holiday. He was allegedly cursed by his Pro colleagues, because he hit a Visa problem, which delayed his return, and therefore disrupted the rehearsals for the January tour. This suggests Johannes was on a 6 month Visa which had expired.

If you translate that for Dianne (and other Pro non-EU dancers such as the Russians), it might suggest they arrive here in the last 2 weeks of June to secure accommodation, and then have 6 months before they have to exit. I.e. mid December. That then gives them a restart time (if they arrive back in early January) for the next 6 months until the end of June, after which they either go home for another family visit, or join the Strictly cruise and have a pleasant Meditteranean vacation. However it goes, I cannot see why Dianne needed to exit UK in March/April for Visa purposes.
Interesting! So why lie then? Or what was the point of the trip? They said themselves they did the trip in something like 14 hours? Quite peculiar. Why make such an effort to leave the country if you don't have to and especially for such a short period of time. I don't get it.

Couldn't this also indicate that people in fact are very much interested in seeing Joe, but are just fed up with Joanne? I know I am. I don't like Oli or these food testing videos very much but it was just such a nice change to see Joe on his own, so I watched it.

Think I've mentioned it before but I feel like Joe lost a great deal of his more mature audience when he got with Dianne. Things got cringy and teenagy really fast and a lot of his 25+ audience could no longer relate or just found it awkward to watch. To think people like Jackmate used to watch Joe and find him entertaining, I can't even imagine him or anyone over 25 admitting to watching his channel today. Strictly dancing turned his channel into Strictly for teenagers, and my one and only theory as to why his numbers are declining is because his older audience are leaving.

Couldn't this also indicate that people in fact are very much interested in seeing Joe, but are just fed up with Joanne? I know I am. I don't like Oli or these food testing videos very much but it was just such a nice change to see Joe on his own, so I watched it.

Think I've mentioned it before but I feel like Joe lost a great deal of his more mature audience when he got with Dianne. Things got cringy and teenagy really fast and a lot of his 25+ audience could no longer relate or just found it awkward to watch. To think people like Jackmate used to watch Joe and find him entertaining, I can't even imagine him or anyone over 25 admitting to watching his channel today. Strictly dancing turned his channel into Strictly for teenagers, and my one and only theory as to why his numbers are declining is because his older audience are leaving.
This seems pretty spot on. Joe was one of the few old school YouTubers who I still enjoyed watching for the most part, now I’m bored because I’m not that interested in seeing but Joanne content. It’s got immature with really terrible jokes, and it’s not something I look forward to as much anymore.

Reactions: 2
I don't think it's about Dianne, surely a hair tutorial is a bit niche anyway and not the type of video his viewers would be expecting or clicking to see, therefore wouldn't get so many views. His girlfriend did my asos shop did well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Interesting! So why lie then? Or what was the point of the trip? They said themselves they did the trip in something like 14 hours? Quite peculiar. Why make such an effort to leave the country if you don't have to and especially for such a short period of time. I don't get it.
They definitely left for visa reasons as why would they lie about it🤷‍♀️

I don't think it's about Dianne, surely a hair tutorial is a bit niche anyway and not the type of video his viewers would be expecting or clicking to see, therefore wouldn't get so many views.
I agree with this I don’t think it’s actually to do with Dianne although she is a factor.His channels in general have gone down hill as he’s hit the ceiling with it and there’s nowhwre else for him to go.The old school funny challenges with your mates have died out and everyone’s talking about him maturing his content and he did that with in the pan.I literally can’t see a way forward for his channels at all and still feel like she’s phoning it in till something better comes along.

I agree with this I don’t think it’s actually to do with Dianne although she is a factor.His channels in general have gone down hill as he’s hit the ceiling with it and there’s nowhwre else for him to go.The old school funny challenges with your mates have died out and everyone’s talking about him maturing his content and he did that with in the pan.I literally can’t see a way forward for his channels at all and still feel like she’s phoning it in till something better comes along.
They may have left for 'Visa reasons', in their own belief that this was correct. It does not mean that they were in fact correct in their interpretation of the labyrthine Visa regulations, does it?How can you be so certain? You might hope that a tier 5 sponsor like the Beeb would give Dianne proper visa advice, but I have already set out how I think Johannes R may have been snared.

I will try to answer this observation later.

I know Joes channels were dying before Dianne came along, but since strictly finished and the Joanne content kept getting more and more cringe/teen in first relationship. Apart from checking out there Instagrams I hardly watch there videos.

I never use to really watch Mikey and Oli, but at this stage Joanne make their content look good.

Also, is Dianne really that thick about 2mins rice etc or is that just a persona she puts on for videos?

I must disagree,. Sorry! Joanne seems far more engaging than Joe on his own, or with his band of M8s, living the Peter Pan dream.

I am gobsmacked. Honestly. :whistle: I cannot begin to see how you think Strictly turned Joe's channel into a Tweenie fest. To the contrary: all the evidence (admittedly, via Joe's analytics), suggests Joe' s audience demographic went up in age as a result of Strictly.

I suggest the demographic then also lowered in age range as a result of the Strictly tour, perhaps combined with some of the subsequent Joanne vids, but more likely due to the 'Joe reversions' as he trialled keeping both limits of the age range on the same scale, by reverting to Gaming vids/silly stuff with Mark

We all mistakes, even Joanne (and/or their advisors, professional or otherwise). ;)

Last edited:
Also, is Dianne really that thick about 2mins rice etc or is that just a persona she puts on for videos?
I'm very puzzled about Dianne's brain capacity. At times I feel like she's putting on an act because 1. She think it makes her funny, and/or 2. She's trying to compensate the fact that she's older than her boyfriend and most of his fandom so she thinks being dumb makes her seem younger and cuter, hence; more relatable?

From what I've seen I'm however leaning towards her actually being that thick, which kind of makes me feel sorry for Joe. Say what you want about him, he might not always make the best choices, but he's booksmart, well-informed and does actually have a genuine interest in a lot of things. Dianne doesn't seem to know anything about anything besides dance, and it must be quite frustrating for Joe to not be able to have a intellectual conversation about just normal grown up stuff, especially considering that he actually does seem to be interested in a lot of things. He always used to talk about watching documentaries and conspiracy theories videos, and I remember always being surprised by his knowledge level when watching him do gameshows and quizzes on his gaming channel. Can someone even imagine Dianne watching a documentary or just having a proper conversation about some kind of current event going on in the media? Whether it be politics, climate change, the MJ allegations or Brexit. Maybe I'm too harsh, but I honestly can't see Dianne get her head around either of those things to be able to actually have a grown-up conversation about it where critical thinking is included.

Hanging out with someone who is just clueless about everything can be fun at times but it really sucks the energy out of you after a while. I think it might really get to Joe one day, we've already seen him give those God-give-me-strength glances to the camera, and I definitely think there's some truth behind them, and If Joe would be the one to end the relationship, I think this could be the breaking deal. Sex is great and all but, 99 % of the time you'll be spending with your partner you're gonna do other stuff, and you'll want someone you can talk to about everything.

I must disagree,. Sorry! Joanne seems far more engaging than Joe on his own, or with his band of M8s, living the Peter Pan dream.

I am gobsmacked. Honestly. :whistle: I cannot begin to see how you think Strictly turned Joe's channel into a Tweenie fest. To the contrary: all the evidence (admittedly, via Joe's analytics), suggests Joe' s audience demographic went up in age as a result of Strictly.

I suggest the demographic then also lowered in age range as a result of the Strictly tour, perhaps combined with some of the subsequent Joanne vids, but more likely due to the 'Joe reversions' as he trialled keeping both limits of the age range on the same scale, by reverting to Gaming vids/silly stuff with Mark
Yes he probably gained the views of some 50 year old strictly viewers during to process and good on him. But honestly. I'm 26 and would rather be caught dead than caught watching Joanne do a Little mermaid hair do. On the other hand I have no problem admitting I used to enjoy his prank call videos, voice impressions and heck, even the birth stimulator videos.

If you're still in denial that Joe and Dianne are king and queen of the tweenie fest I suggest you take a look at twitter or his comment section. It's not a party I'd like to be associated with.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.