Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, long time lurker here! I’m a big fan of Joe & Dianne, am an old romantic and think they are the genuine article and am rooting for them to go the distance.
I’m genuinely bewildered as to why Joe took Dianne to Zalfies to hang out with a bunch of randomers on her 30th birthday! It doesn’t seem like Zoe, who loves to throw events and parties at home went to any effort whatsoever for Dianne. I find that very strange. Maybe all Dianne wanted was a quiet day which is fair enough, who knows! All the hype from twitter etc maybe got me over excited that Joe would pull something spectacular for her as he does seem to worship her! Maybe he’s going to throw a party for her at a later date as I guess it’s quite difficult to gather all their friends together given their jobs! Maybe he won’t and that was that. Maybe he has spoilt her rotten and they’ve kept it private. Maybe I just need to stop giving this so much thought 😂😩

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Creepy uncle joey seems to still be up to his old tricks😖

The fact that more and more young teenage girls are actively saying that this is making them uncomfortable or wondering how he is finding their private non- Stan accounts and trying to refollow accounts that have deleted him is a little concerning. Makes me feel icky that no one seems to have had a word with him already and told him to tone it down. Or, even better clear his following/followers list to people he actually knows irl. I don't know why he feels he needs all this attention - obviously getting some sort of kick from it! Will probs start a vlogging channel and brand deals next 😂😂

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m genuinely bewildered as to why Joe took Dianne to Zalfies to hang out with a bunch of randomers on her 30th birthday! It doesn’t seem like Zoe, who loves to throw events and parties at home went to any effort whatsoever for Dianne. I find that very strange. Maybe all Dianne wanted was a quiet day which is fair enough, who knows! as he does seem to worship her! Maybe he’s going to throw a party for her at a later date as I guess it’s quite difficult to gather all their friends together given their jobs! Maybe he won’t and that was that. Maybe he has spoilt her rotten and they’ve kept it private.
There is a big difference between having a quiet bday and hammering nails in a log with complete strangers. Joe didn't make any sort of effort especially considering it was a milestone bday.

Dianne is clearly highly thought of by her friends and even they all wouldn't be able to be in London, there were a number of her dancer friends who were there. A take away and some wine with a few of her good friends wouldn't have been that difficult for Joe to organise. Also all that tit by the minions that Alfie & Zoe are her family in the UK is just that tit. Her UK family is the Strictly lot most of whom she has known for years, the people who have her back and were actually posting meaningful bday messages to her.

It's like Joe has done another 180 again, being all romantic and showing off his girl in Finland to taking her to his sisters to hang around with people she doesn't know.

On Dianne IG story this morning she said she had a gorgeous day, the poor girl couldn't even look at the camera saying it, there also was none of her usilual hyperness in saying this. Clearly Joe has been on social media and saw that even the minions knew her bday was tit and us now getting Dianne to do damage control.

• Sad
To be honest why does he continue to get away with getting deals with companies through shout-outs without disclosing it?

Reactions: 1
To be honest why does he continue to get away with getting deals with companies through shout-outs without disclosing it?
Because he's Saint Joe and can do no wrong...🙄. Jokes aside, you are right to bring it up. I hadn't even thought about it really - but he does these ads so sneakily through these so called shout outs, so sometimes I guess people may not realise it's an ad. We'd all be quick to call out Zoe or Alfie for it but St. Joseph seems to be immune for some reason 🤷‍♀️

Because he's Saint Joe and can do no wrong...🙄. Jokes aside, you are right to bring it up. I hadn't even thought about it really - but he does these ads so sneakily through these so called shout outs, so sometimes I guess people may not realise it's an ad. We'd all be quick to call out Zoe or Alfie for it but St. Joseph seems to be immune for some reason 🤷‍♀️
Joe should know better too since he owns a company managing influencers and therefore should be setting the example.

Joe should know better too since he owns a company managing influencers and therefore should be setting the example.
He does know better, but Joe has never been involved in anything more than hello world and so many of them were involved he came out unscathed.

Joe is an expert in PR and is always think two steps ahead and since Strictly he has just endeared himself more, so he can get away with it cause he is such a likeable character.

Joe doesn't care about setting a good example to his younger audience. Joe cares about his image being squeaky clean and as long as he remains relevant, the media are going to keep mentioning things like he got his gf an amazing cake, they aren't going to call him out on small things, it's only if he gets involved in a scandel will his not declaring be called out.

He does know better, but Joe has never been involved in anything more than hello world and so many of them were involved he came out unscathed.

Joe is an expert in PR and is always think two steps ahead and since Strictly he has just endeared himself more, so he can get away with it cause he is such a likeable character.

Joe doesn't care about setting a good example to his younger audience. Joe cares about his image being squeaky clean and as long as he remains relevant, the media are going to keep mentioning things like he got his gf an amazing cake, they aren't going to call him out on small things, it's only if he gets involved in a scandel will his not declaring be called out.
No way he paid for that cake. He wouldn’t have mentioned the company if he had.

The trip to Finland? Was probably some sort of deal too. I would love to actually have a breakdown of every single blog of some of these lot and a list of things that was actually gifted/ advertising within them.

I imagine it is astounding. Otherwise why are they all suddenly so bitter about being open

Reactions: 2
Dianne has an Uncle Joe who is doing some dodgy stuff, allegedly trying to get fans to contribute to airfares for him to visit her in the UK.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Joe is officially a prick after this

You aren't special, #Gifted from ANYONE must be disclosed

Joe, you could of just put #Gifted and kept it moving

• Angry
Reactions: 7

No joe. It’s your sisters bleeping business that gifted it you. If Zoe BOUGHT you a gift and gave it you, you wouldn’t. This bunch are pricks are really starting to annoy me now. Joe runs a company managing other influencers he should grow up.

Also, if she just sent it as a gift, you didn’t have to promote it on social media and could have not posted. And also wouldn’t have them had to declare it as a gift.

Reactions: 11

Call me an idiot or whatever, I agree with Joe. If it is from his sister (her company) it's really stupid imo to disclose it (we can see it's a present so obviously gifted. Why the hell the hashtag then?) And let's be honest here, who is gonna buy this tit?! Noone.

When I see all those #gifted posts/stories from people from the UK I find it so bleeping weird/funny that the influencers have to disclose every thing. I've never ever bought anything an influencer recomended because they were the ones using it and saying how much they loved it. I mean it's a buisness of course 99,99% of things they are using is gifted. It's common knowledge so why the hell put that hashtag on everything. When there's a commercial on the tv you don't see a #commercial do you? I can't believe people in the UK are so gullible and think that when a youtuber/instagramer shows a product it's because they love it. Maybe it was like that in 2011/2012 but not today's day and age. As I said before call me bleeping stupid but that's just my opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Call me an idiot or whatever, I agree with Joe. If it is from his sister (her company) it's really stupid imo to disclose it. They are family. And let's be honest here, who is gonna buy this tit?! Noone.

When I see all those #gifted posts/stories from people from the UK I find it so bleeping weird/funny that the influencers have to disclose every thing. I've never ever bought anything an influencer recomended because they were the ones using it and saying how much they loved it. I mean it's a buisness of course 99,99% of things they are using is gifted. It's common knowledge so why the hell put that hashtag on everything. When there's a commercial on the tv you don't see a #commercial do you? I can't believe people in the UK are so gullible and think that when a youtuber/instagramer shows a product it's because they love it. Maybe it was like that in 2011/2012 but not today's day and age. As I said before call me bleeping stupid but that's just my opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️
It’s not common knowledge though. They have a super young fan base. It even was the point that the water they were drinking was an ad at one point wasn’t it. So it’s not obvious that they are advertising, they are wearing clothes, eating at restaurants etc.... would wagamama be the favourite restaurant if it wasn’t free every time? But they are saying it is because they are promoting.

Tv and films are completely different, you know that’s an ad. These lot slip stuff into their day to day lives to make it look like they naturally buy/ use it when they would never if they were paying.

Some of it is completely obvious like when they are reviewing products. But if they are just driving round in a Land Rover they’ve been given, that’s not obvious that they haven’t bought it if they don’t say...

Reactions: 9
Doesn’t matter if it’s his sister. It’s not like she gave him a birthday gift. It was a “gift” from her company to promote it.

Reactions: 9
Call me an idiot or whatever, I agree with Joe. If it is from his sister (her company) it's really stupid imo to disclose it (we can see it's a present so obviously gifted. Why the hell the hashtag then?) And let's be honest here, who is gonna buy this tit?! Noone.

When I see all those #gifted posts/stories from people from the UK I find it so bleeping weird/funny that the influencers have to disclose every thing. I've never ever bought anything an influencer recomended because they were the ones using it and saying how much they loved it. I mean it's a buisness of course 99,99% of things they are using is gifted. It's common knowledge so why the hell put that hashtag on everything. When there's a commercial on the tv you don't see a #commercial do you? I can't believe people in the UK are so gullible and think that when a youtuber/instagramer shows a product it's because they love it. Maybe it was like that in 2011/2012 but not today's day and age. As I said before call me bleeping stupid but that's just my opinion [emoji2372]
1. You know when a commercial is a commercial because there's a break?

2. It's NOT obvious hence why ASA and the CMA have given clear guidance. [It's not about being gullible it's about transparency]

3. It was not a present. He is on her PR list and was sent via Zoella. Not a birthday gift etc.

4. Joe runs a influencer business so knows the score and should set an example

5. 2011/12 was 7/8 years ago. If you are 18 today you would have been 10. Not many teens (who are still his demographic) would know this.
___
I don't wanna call you an idiot but you know now why I said what I said.

Joe rolling his eyes during the Insta video also did not help.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree that the current rules regarding declaration of ads/gifts etc. Are far from perfect. Technically somebody would have to tag #ad if they were promoting their own book or song etc on social media. And that is ridiculous. There does need to be some adjustments to the rules, but fundamentally they are well intentioned and necessary because of the sheer volume of advertising going on that we didn’t know about, like somebody else said, including brands of bottled water. There needs to be proper disclosure of advertising and gifts etc.

I used to think Joe was more accepting of these news rules and just getting on with it, but clearly he is just as passive aggressive about the whole thing and makes him look a bit of a knob.

Reactions: 7
They're all at it now with Zoe's bloody app. Poppy, Sean, Mark, Joe and Alfie are all putting it on their Insta stories and not one of them is putting #gifted😡.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
They're all at it now with Zoe's bloody app. Poppy, Sean, Mark, Joe and Alfie are all putting it on their Insta stories and not one of them is putting #gifted[emoji35].
Sean sneakily did on the first Instagram story but not the rest. Cheeky AF

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.