Jo Good #12 Inch-High Private Eye, will her chat show fly or die?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's going to be interesting. The demographics in other regions are so different. I think she will irritate a lot of listeners.
Last night she had another single woman podcast person on, so that she could talk about herself. Me me me up on the roof with my dog. No one would put up with her.
She's a surprising choice for this new slot, particularly given how much she's complained about the hours she does now.
---
OT but wondering about Bobby from the Barb on BBC RL. He said he's off on hols for the next couple of weeks. Seems strange as it's not long before the new October scheduling comes in. Might he be doing a French exit, off on hols, never to return?
I hope BBC London is going to be more transparent about any changes to Robert's show than they were last time.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think GOB will be either a raging success nationally or a raging failure. There will be a lot of rancour from listeners used to listening to someone who knew their area, not some ditzy narc from London. So she is already up against it. Its a bit of a poison chalice.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
GOB's cage has been rattled, and she brought dear sweet smart Jason Rosam in to it.

Opening last night's show she said "no trolling here" and asked listeners to send in messages with compliments, saying she hopes Jason Rosam would see them when he came in at 5am.

Probably irked that the strengths other local presenters have been mentioned here and elsewhere ( eg Chris Baxter not reading out compliments, and Jason being so knowledgeable and engaged with his nationwide listeners).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
She needs an endless topping up of validation. If she does read here, perhaps she should open up a rave thread for herself. That will open the floodgates of compliments and encouragement.

Her neck looks so fine
She is a style icon and a national treasure
She is the Face of Marylebone
Her hair is wonderful
The young love her
She is a loveable hippy
She gives good code
She should buy more clothes, she doesn’t have enough
She needs a Go Fund Me so we can give her money - she doesn’t have a pension.
etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She needs an endless topping up of validation. If she does read here, perhaps she should open up a rave thread for herself. That will open the floodgates of compliments and encouragement.

Her neck looks so fine
She is a style icon and a national treasure
She is the Face of Marylebone
Her hair is wonderful
The young love her
She is a loveable hippy
She gives good code
She should buy more clothes, she doesn’t have enough
She needs a Go Fund Me so we can give her money - she doesn’t have a pension.
etc.
An obvious task for her PA/Intern/whatever Jools to set up on Tattle: Jo Good Rave Thread #1 Style icon Marylebone Hippy! She's glowing! Love her neck! Send money!!

GOB gets comments numbering in the hundreds so it would be busy, especially when they start comparing notes that all the crap they buy is not working and GOB can't delete.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think GOB will be either a raging success nationally or a raging failure. There will be a lot of rancour from listeners used to listening to someone who knew their area, not some ditzy narc from London. So she is already up against it. Its a bit of a poison chalice.
I agree @House of Tea

She's already said the national Friday and Saturday night late shows won't be much different to her current London late show, clearly she's not going to much trouble to engage with a wider demographic. She'll be hoping to pull in more of the same types - luvvies, show offs, cheerleaders and flakes - from around the country. If she doesn't manage it, the show's a failure and she gets chucked she'll be back whingeing about the Big Bad Beeb picking on her for her age.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
GOB has the answer to the climate crisis. Last night's show she pronounced that the haze in London at the moment is caused by building sites because she can see 35 cranes with red lights from her roof. Forget that BBC London weather was reporting the cause as red dust from the Sahara. Nigel should get her booked for the keynote at the UNEP conference.

She's also labouring the point that she's receiving many "complimentary" emails.

• Haha
She must be feeling unsettled to keep on referring to emails. It is a big step for her. Has she ever been on national radio?

Reactions: 2
GOB has the answer to the climate crisis. Last night's show she pronounced that the haze in London at the moment is caused by building sites because she can see 35 cranes with red lights from her roof. Forget that BBC London weather was reporting the cause as red dust from the Sahara. Nigel should get her booked for the keynote at the UNEP conference.

She's also labouring the point that she's receiving many "complimentary" emails.
WTF was she on about? Every night it's gushing about the hot weather and how the buildings are holding the heat and turning W1 into a kiln. Climate change is now the fault of all the building work. Could go on Eddie Nestor and talk for hours about this. Mental. It's all about entitled MAM wanting to drive around and park where she likes. Her asthma is all down to the brick dust.🤪
For the last couple of shows she has asked for complimentary emails. Feels put out by Jason being popular.

• Heart
Also referred to my friend, the journalist Neil McCormick as Neil McCormuck!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was stalked today by versions of that ruched Sleeper dirndl dress, mainly black ones like GOB's.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
MAM is so obsessed with age. Had to tell the young singer she was interviewing, that she was sixty eight. Most people will be thinking, yes but you look ninety eight. Instead she should admit she is still as thick as mince and vacuous.
The Sheerluxe Davina interview is up. More cringe, fake praise.

• Haha
MAM is so obsessed with age. Had to tell the young singer she was interviewing, that she was sixty eight. Most people will be thinking, yes but you look ninety eight. Instead she should admit she is still as thick as mince and vacuous.
The Sheerluxe Davina interview is up. More cringe, fake praise.
WhyTF did she have to tell him anything about herself? Stephen Sanchez is not interested in some random on his interview circuit, he was in polite "yes mam" church boy mode but she wanted to extract narc feed.

I don't think I can watch the D Mc piece, her grimacing 🤪 She's one I have to turn off whenever they appear on TV (fwiw others include Gino dC, Jimmy Carr, Amanda Holden, Michael McIntyre, Katherine Ryan, Natalie Cassidy, there are more 🤣 )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
New thread title suggestions so far.

Please vote, or add new suggestions, or add earlier ones if I missed them

Jo Good # 13 NOT a collaboration but also NOT paid for!
(from @Latetotheparty , @aulwan suggested including NOT A COLLABORATION)

Jo Good # 13 Much #ADo about Everything
(from @House of Tea )

I like both but think it would be handy to add something about GOB going national on the BBC, as that is the big current news that will continue during the new thread, hopefully making it discoverable by disgruntled national listeners who might not know her for her socials.

Reactions: 2
Love it. Hello England's GOB. NOT a collaboration but also NOT paid for.:ROFLMAO:

As a footnote to this thread title, I think we can say that her chat show did indeed die, and not thrive.

I caught a bit of David Grant sitting in for Robert Elms yesterday. There was talk about dogs and a caller mentioned Jo Good, the Barking Hour and some tips he'd heard. David made no comment at all about her, he just reverted to the general topic of keeping dogs cool. it came off as strange as a presenter would usually make some sort of comment about a colleague in that situation.

Perhaps David is not a fan, maybe due to GOB rarely acknowledging or thanking Carrie for sitting in for her, often at short notice.

• Heart
What a bore fest. Just a vlog full of cringe. Dog eats her earrings so she goes to Monica Vinader in the hope they will see it, and 'reach out'. Her ear lobes are round her ankles.
The hair cut and the welder goggles is just ridiculous. That dress she bought was a circus tent. Women in shops will tell you what you want to hear, idiot.
Dave must have been on Tattle. It was me who said he looked like Quentin Crisp and Grandpa Munster.If I had said that on her comments she would have deleted me. I did notice MAM panic slightly.😂 Hi Dave. We know you see right through her.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Even though I watch her Vlog purely for the comedy value - ‘what on earth will she say/do this week?’, my heart sank when I saw that she bought that dress. 😱

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.