Jo Good #12 Inch-High Private Eye, will her chat show fly or die?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the new thread title @Miss LDN inspired by GOB’s penchant for oversized, too-long FREEBIE trench coats, and her imminent ‘podcast chat show’ on YouTube.

Stats:
Jo Good thread #11 had 79,000 views - Hi lurkers!
Jo Good’s Tattle Wiki now has over 27,000 views (read it here )

@middleagedminx has 33K followers on Instagram
She picked up a few more YouTube followers after appearing with US vlogger Pretty Over 50, but still has only 57.5K, nowhere near her 100K target

TLDR:
OH MY GOSH! Still moaning “I won’t inherit”. Jo Good goes on as always, complaining on air and on her vlogs about her BBC schedule change - which happened back in 2021. Coughs non-stop on air to flag how sick it's making her but won't resign as she's using the show to promote her monetised social media and promote brands with whom she has commercial relationships, eg Sheerluxe who pay her to host interviews on their channel and she gives them half-hour promo slots on the BBC, in the guise of a ‘fashion phone-in segment’. She does the same for Marylebone Village Limited, they pay her for partnerships and she promotes the luxury boutiques on their W1 estate, as if she’s just a local resident doing a community service announcement about the nice people who run the corner shop. OH MY GOSH!

Want a longer read of what happened during thread #11 ? Here some examples of her usual peacocking, narcy, entitled, insensitive behaviour
  • Tattle Life mentioned during a Chewing the Fat segment. The topic was about incorrigibly bad people, murderers etc. A contributor put Tattlers in this category and called TL a “vile cesspit” GOB made no reference to the fact she has threads here
  • Threw shade at Vanessa Feltz with another sizeist comment, this time about pantomime costumes, and was jealously dismissive of TalkTV after Vanessa got a £1M contract there. When V’s fiancé Ben’s cheating was revealed, Jo Good was very quick to show whose side she was on by liking a post on Ben’s Insta. This was noted on Tattle, then the "like" was swiftly reversed, but not before our Tattler screenshot it!
  • Big cuts to BBC local radio were announced so Jo Good boasted that she received "non-stop texts and messages from my friends, from my family, and from you the listeners" no mention that many colleagues would be impacted
  • The radio show still all about her, her monetised socials, her mates, her coughing fits and a dozen or so regular callers and emailers who throw compliments her way. Her 15 hour per week BBC schedule is still getting the blame for her asthma and fatigue
  • Looked like a cross between Dick Emery and Frank Sidebottom running around in the clips she filmed for the Marylebone Village Limited paid partnership
  • Still grabbin’ freebies from many different brands. Hard to know her favourite skincare brand as she’ll shill and rave about anything. Her poor gullible followers believe her and keep telling her she's glowing!
  • Reps from her side-hustle paymasters appearing on her BBC show. The BBC pulled up Alex Scott for promoting Reiss, and Chemmy Alcott from Ski Sunday for promoting ski wear so why do they let Jo Good promote the many brands with whom she profits via commercial agreements?
  • Abandoned Midweek Minx Wednesday vlogs
  • Sheerluxe promo filmed in her messy, pokey flat, off-brand for them. Usually she's on her best behaviour with them, so desperate to impress, non-stop nodding and smiling while propped up between cushions on their sofa
  • Myrtle still pees on the communal rooftop at the flats. The dog remains quite untrained at 18 months old.
  • Boasts of having 9 points on her driver’s licence, yet continues to film herself driving without due care and attention, with hands off the steering wheel while looking at the camera. Claimed ignorance of the change in speed limit on Park Lane even though it’s been in place for 3 years
  • BBC weren’t interested in doing the Chewing The Fat segment show as a podcast. She has since said she will be doing a podcast herself, professionally filmed interviews on her sofa, but doesn’t want guests “who are on Graham Norton or Zoe Ball”
  • Tone deaf as always, she posted a vlog called “My New Luxury Outfits” in the week the new budget was announced with tax increases, massive spending cuts, crazy inflation for fuel and food
  • Someone tried to doxx some Tattlers, pointless as they don't use their handles anywhere else. This person replies to questions directed to Jo on YouTube - so is it Jo’s Good’s assistant doing it at Jo's request? They actually used the word doxx in relation to their own behaviour, strange as Tattlers never doxx GOB, she does that herself by showing her car and numberplate, and the street and shops outside the doors to her flats. Nor do Tattlers bother GOB on her socials
  • GOB bought a ludicrous coat from Charlotte Simone, claiming it’s a “sustainable” brand. Maybe because the brand uses real fur
  • Says she films her beauty vlogs without special lights but ring lights can often be seen in reflections
  • witches about theatre goers being badly dressed, eg with backpacks, not realising many dash there straight from work, whereas she boasts of walking in a “fashion heel” from her flat nearby
  • GOB and Anna Webb broadcast from Crufts 2023, this despite the BBC giving up covering the event since 2008, due to the controversy around issues of in-breeding and animal welfare
  • Attention-seeking and ignorant as always GOB became annoyed that the long queue of people in the Baker St post office “didn’t engage” with her when she trumpeted: “Where’s The (sic) Utrecht?”
  • She went to Austria for a yoga retreat apparently leaving Myrtle with producer Mel. She included footage of other retreat guests on an Insta AD she did for a currency exchange company
  • Carried on her continuous coughing in the steam room at her luxury Marylebone gym and, entitled as always, was annoyed when a woman asked her to leave the small space

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Further to above re the steam room, I wonder if GOB knows that guests of a nearby hotel have use of her very pricey exclusive gym, pool and Cowshed products? Might explain why the woman had no hesitiation in telling GOB to get out with her cough, if she was a non-local she won't have to encounter her in future and wanted to enjoy her London visit spa package germ free.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don't forget the incessant filming of private and off-limits (to people with manners and social awareness) areas, such as; people praying in church, gym changing rooms, private clubs and lavatories!

Reactions: 7
Lack of professional courtesy absoulte f***ing rudeness to a colleague klaxon:

Last night's radio show, back after being off since the previous Tuesday, she gave no thanks, nor the merest acknowledgment, to Claira Hermet who covered three shows. I have a feeling management told her to take time off due to the excessive on-air coughing and she went off in a huff.

The asthma whinge is getting old so she now claims her cough was due to a bad cold, which Mel also got. Seems as if the woman in the steam room was right to object to her coughing in there.

GOB and Anna Webb hosting Marylebone dog show on Sunday 11th June.

She had Kevin "Rowlands" on about his new album. She read out his intro in a half-arsed garbled way and soon steered the interview to herself, my mum is called Eileen and I was actress in the West End in 1979 in Once A Catholic, it was about schoolgirls in Harlesden, I was the lead, blah blah blah. She later gave him the correct surname but then called him Dexy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Many thanks @VeeJayBee for creating a new thread, and excellent re-cap.❤
Agree about the Kevin Rowland interview. Back in the day he might have given her a hard time. But age and sobriety seemed to have softened him. Does she ever get through an interview without mentioning 'I was an actress'.
I too wonder if she was sent home with her asthma/cold/cough whatever it was. Poor Mel now has it.
The funniest bit on Chewin' was her road rage incident. MAM shouted at the guy to calm down, and that she was with the police. He shouted back saying, she was too old. (It's worth a listen on replay). I bet she didn't vlog it!
Last night she admitted that the show was going to end at some point. Even though she said she felt more positive after her management meeting.
The show could be relocated to any part of the country. A lot of BBC Radio presenters are being asked to audition for their jobs, similar to BBC news.
I wish she would be replaced by JP Devlin, he was a hoot last night.
Looks like Clergerie are on the verge of administration.

• Haha
Yes, Kevin was surprisingly mellow with her. I wasn't going to listen back to any more of the show but had to after @Miss LDN 's teaser.

She said she wanted to discuss "Narz-ism, I know I've got it".

The new Chewin' guest runs some sort of influencers brunch in the Hamptons. GOB panting for an invite.

So her show will go when the changes come in August. Another vote for JP.

The road rage! 🤣 What possesed her to say she was with the police? The other driver probably thought the poor tiny dear behind the wheel had escaped from the care home - while deluded MAM was picturing herself...

BB in car.jpg

• Haha
Last night's show. I'd love to hear the Jive Aces music but GOB cannot resist whooping throughout. It's for no other reason than to flag "Hey I'm here!!"

Loved the Radio Rewind, Gloria Hunniford interviewing Barbra Streisand in 1992.

GOB seems to have given up the coughing, apparently it was chronic but all of a sudden none at all. Maybe being told by management to take time off did the trick.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Really enjoyed last nights Chewin the Fat I must say… that Diane Connell is divine! Love her attitude to life. I really do hope Jo does something with this format… I also have to say how much better last weeks vlog was, advertising aside. She’s so much better and bearable when she’s not putting an act on for the cameras and being all London snobby!

Reactions: 1
Really enjoyed last nights Chewin the Fat I must say… that Diane Connell is divine! Love her attitude to life. I really do hope Jo does something with this format… I also have to say how much better last weeks vlog was, advertising aside. She’s so much better and bearable when she’s not putting an act on for the cameras and being all London snobby!
Each to their own, it was dull, I think she wanted some time off so did the bare minimum. It wouldn’t attract subs to her channel. But I guess we are all entitled to some down time. It’s good she spent Easter with her family, and good to see some outside space for her dog.

• Heart
Last night's show. Announced that she was going to read out compliments to herself because she's at that stage of her life - WTF is that supposed to mean? Asad Ahmad promoted her show at the end of the evening news saying it's "the best late night radio show in the world". It made her so emotional, he's so loyal, her voice was quivering, the whole performance. She played the clip out twice.

When she finally gets the shove from the station (in August?) her sympathy-seeking lament will be "it's because I'm 68" when in fact the reason could well be that she's not meeting the station's remit, she uses it as a personal billboard. She's had almost 2 years' notice of the imment changes but has chosen to stay on and play the martyr.

… I also have to say how much better last weeks vlog was, advertising aside. She’s so much better and bearable when she’s not putting an act on for the cameras and being all London snobby!
Each to their own, it was dull, I think she wanted some time off so did the bare minimum. It wouldn’t attract subs to her channel. But I guess we are all entitled to some down time. It’s good she spent Easter with her family, and good to see some outside space for her dog.
I can't imagine that vlog would grip new viewers but the overseas regulars seem to like the day-to-day stuff. It was very lazy though, if she really is serious about vlogging being her future earner she should pre-prepare content for her break times.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Asad often plugs her show.
Yes, he does and she's mentioned it several times before, which shows her hammy surprised emotional response this time as the self-serving fakery it is. I simply can't imagine what a twit I'd feel if I trumpeted praise from colleagues or clients around my workplace and beyond.

Her thanks to Claire Connolly for the meditations are unnecessarily gushing. We all know CC is benefitting from the promo, links to her website and socials are given repeatedly, listeners are told there are still spaces left to book for her yoga retreat. Never any mention that "other yoga retreats are available" to follow the usual disclamer required by the BBC whenever any specific commercial operaton is mentioned.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
An update on thread stats, the last thread has now reached 80,000 views, more than noted upthread, and this new thread already has 550 views. The ratio of those who lurk to those who post/react is really quite high. I bet some are colleagues who have no choice but to tolerate her 😂 *sends sympathy their way*

• Haha
Narc fest last night. Went full on Baby Jane about the Assad clip. BBC London always trails the radio shows. Especially the ones that need more listeners.
Made the Mary Quant tribute all about her. Constantly getting facts wrong, and painting herself as a sixties 'fashun' chick. The pattern's were made by Butterick not Butterkist. Meghan Trainor is not Meghan Traitor.:LOL:
Love the way she told Sheerluxe, that working from home was about her getting the running order sent over. When we all know she makes it up as she goes along. Too busy watching You Tuber's and Netflix.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sitting waiting for family at the airport and thought I'd dip into JG after giving up months back. FF to around 7 mins as bored of her twittering on at her mirror but before I did, hear her saying about cleaning and can clean one side of a plate but not the other..what a strange comment to include but immediately suspicious of her thought, oh here we go..... The self diagnosing influencer trend incoming..... More on that later.

Title of vlog once again irritating, using filipes new apartment in her title then rudely accuses him of using her channel to promote his! Eh? Think it's a case of mutual picking of bones Ms Good. Isn't this exactly what you do in your paid BBC job anyway? 😂

Switched off, watched less than a minute all in, she's not changed. Quick look at comments... and yes someone suggesting she has ADHD. 😴 How fecking predictable on the influencer bingo board.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her tour of Filipe’s new apartment just shows he has a better place than hers and better taste, mind you everything in her place is the landlords.
nice cookbook from Austria let’s see if she actually uses it.

Reactions: 5
I see what you mean @Catwoman. She is going to jump on the ADHD bandwagon isn’t she? If she takes this further, shame on her. Wanting a diagnosis for the hash tag. I feel so sorry for neurodiverse people, their condition has now become trendy and a money maker. I hope I am wrong about that. That would be beyond the pale.

This vlog was one of the worst. It was blurry for most of it. She has been vlogging for a number of years. Such haphazard and amateurish content isn’t kooky or endearing, it’s irritating and unprofessional. Bless Felipe for his excitement at his first home, we saw some of it through the blur.

Regrettably she was in focus when purchasing her new O Pioneer frock which she intends to wear with high heel shoes and ankle socks. Yes she has double downed on the Grayson Perry meets Baby Jane mash up look. She looks so more less batshit stylish in tailored stuff.

Here it is. The model looks daft so what hope a woman in her 60s? All that money to look like Violet Elizabeth Bott. I actually find this look disturbing, not sure why?

Speaking of tailored stuff the thumbnail showing the latest vlog features her in a cream tailored blazer she is wearing in a shop. However that did not feature in the actual vlog. I think perhaps she bought another suit but decided that showing two expensive purchases in one vlog was too much in these straightened times. A rare moment of self reflection?
---
This is the thumbnail. Looks like another Hobbs purchase or freebie, but not featured in the main vlog.
BCA8680D-21B2-4107-AB9B-A88772EDC487.jpeg

---
It’s this one. Looks like it is paired with the matching mini dress in the thumbnail which might be a bit longer than mini on her. The colour suits her.
---
6DB71DFE-2835-48DA-8F87-FC4DE9A9DCA8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.