Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20221029_102424.jpg

Again promoting her SM handle to BBC listeners. Listen from 02:10:05 BBC Sounds.

She told listeners to go to "the social media" to see a clip of the Jive Aces who performed live on her radio show earlier that night. She then specified her middleagedminx handle, adding the clip was on her stories. She also said it was on BBC socials but I saw no evidence of that.

The stories post will have now expired but no worry to her as anyone who goes to her socials will first see her most recent posts, advertising skin care and dog food.

Can we imagine, for example, Alex Jones giving her personal, monetised SM handles on the One Show?

Jo Good often says management don't listen to her so she gets away with it.

Reactions: 3
Long vlog, boring, but skipped a lot due to Hello Fresh flog.
🤥🤥🤥🤥Lie alert - she never normally uses ring lights 🤥🤥🤥🤥. (Bathroom, reflective tiles, flogging glow products but says no no lights but light reflecting back in the ties big fib from a few weeks back etc).

Nostril shots a plenty. Sure I could see up inside her head at one point.

New radio producer, some 12 year old girl with pink hair. She found another stooge. All the more interesting ones have legged it. Dreary Dave hanging on in there.

More anti Sheerluxe living - dog on bed, dog on sofa with chew with bits dropping everywhere on her rented sofa (the chewing noises were a distraction to that Elf stuff she was promoting but not promoting - her PR friend won’t be happy), dog peeing on the communal roof terrace, dog decimating sweaty slipper.

Some continuity issues - had chipped red polish, then had manicure with dark polish, then back later to chipped red polish.

Reactions: 6
(the chewing noises were a distraction to that Elf stuff she was promoting but not promoting - her PR friend won’t be happy),
The elf makeup? I like their stuff (the lip gloss and primer), but she promotes a bit of a mish-mash of products, no clear rationale to what she's doing.

Has Mel the producer also gone now?

Reactions: 2
The elf makeup? I like their stuff (the lip gloss and primer), but she promotes a bit of a mish-mash of products, no clear rationale to what she's doing.

Has Mel the producer also gone now?
She says was not promoting them but her mate who does PR sent them to her, in anticipation that she would refer to them on screen. Which she duly did. I expect she won’t use or reference them again.

Mel - who knows? Maybe he is on holiday

20221030_123031.jpg

Her clickbait title attempts are so lame and desperate. Surely everyone knows by now if she put "OMG A fire in my flat, I'm OK!!!!" you'd watch and see her having trouble blowing out a candle.

I use Elf putty blush but knowing she is promoting the brand is enough to have me looking for an alternative when this one is finished.

20221030_131840.jpg

So that must be the most boring vlog yet, I watched on 1.75 speed and was still bored.

Hello Fresh, awful.

Trolling us by again boasting of Myrtle's roof peeing.

She is so slapdash and slovenly, Unluxe, or Shitluxe, lifestyle would be accurate.

Promoting the Elf stuff, just because a friend sent it you think it's not an ad, sorry GOB, it's an ad when you are naming and reading out a promo blurb, whether you are paid a fee or a freebie.
20221030_131823.jpg

And in the comments, I have to laugh at follower Jules who every week replies to comments on GOB's behalf, like a self appointed intern 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
What a snoozefest that was…I can’t understand how someone with her job living in central London can be so crashingly dull.

That clickbait visual is not even from this week’s vlog. She has added in an old visual - see cruddy green nails.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Watching the vlog just now and she’s come out of the yoga place that’s “not as good” as her old one and she hopes they’re not watching. Think it must be called The Light Centre. Maybe they’ll tie her up in yoga poses on purpose next time for not being kind 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I skimmed the comments and found out George has gone to BBC Sports.
Maybe he had prior knowledge of the huge cuts to local BBC radio as reported today in The Guardian.

Oh and Jo replied to a comment along the lines of “big decision for me to make not sure what to do” sorry I am paraphrasing.

• Wow
Maybe he had prior knowledge of the huge cuts to local BBC radio as reported today in The Guardian.

Oh and Jo replied to a comment along the lines of “big decision for me to make not sure what to do” sorry I am paraphrasing.
That actually doesn’t sound great for her. I think she may lose her job.

• Wow
That actually doesn’t sound great for her. I think she may lose her job.
She might welcome the opportunity to take voluntary redundancy.

That said, I think it's a shame to lose the local feel and output of stations and it's not clear how this will be replicated online.

She might welcome the opportunity to take voluntary redundancy.

That said, I think it's a shame to lose the local feel and output of stations and it's not clear how this will be replicated online.
Yes, I agree. Although I am a hypocrite. I rarely listen to radio these days, I prefer podcasts.

@reggiesmum Thanks so much for flagging that article, and the YouTube comments. Wow! It really does not bode well for her, or any of them. If her big decision is whether or not to take volutary redundancy I say she'd be mad not too. Isn't that what she's been waiting for? A way to escape an employer she seemingly greatly resents. Run off with a lump sum, maybe enough to by a small flat in some sunny ex-pat land. Beats resigning in a huff because your roster was changed.

Robert Elms yesterday again mentioned how he's doing a lot more events, and mentioned the Betsey Trotwood. Looks like a plan to harvest his radio listeners, to convert to IRL punters / book funders. He has increasingly been saying how much he loves to see people out and about, constantly encouraging people to come up to him whenever they see him. Many years ago he was much less forthcoming in this way, he would occasionally say he'd met a couple of listeners when he was out, but he was never this solicitous.

@House of Tea It is indeed terrible if almost all local presence is to be lost. During my working day I like to listen to live output, I don't know why, I think because podcasts require specfic concentration I can't do them during working hours.

Last edited:
Would she get voluntary redundancy? I thought she was a freelance?
I thought she called herself freelance but was actually an employee, albeit on some sort of fixed term contract. A while back there was discussion on these threads about how she, and Bobby from the Barb, talk about needing to use up their annual leave allowance. which might not be afforded them if they were freelancers who simply invoiced for their on-air hours.

I thought she called herself freelance but was actually an employee, albeit on some sort of fixed term contract. A while back there was discussion on these threads about how she, and Bobby from the Barb, talk about needing to use up their annual leave allowance. which might not be afforded them if they were freelancers who simply invoiced for their on-air hours.
Yes, I get the impression of the BIB too. And Robert Elms has definitely upped his other activities outside his radio show in the last year.

It could be the push she needs. She has no interest in her radio show now. If she gets a bit of redundancy it could tide her over for a while. However, knowing her, she’s spend it on designer gear.

It could be the push she needs. She has no interest in her radio show now. If she gets a bit of redundancy it could tide her over for a while. However, knowing her, she’s spend it on designer gear.
Yes, I get the impression of the BIB too. And Robert Elms has definitely upped his other activities outside his radio show in the last year.
A company I worked for a few jobs ago had 14 offices nationally, then some departments closed to be centralised, eventually whole offices were closed, with only 4 remaining. We all got wind of inevitable changes well before they happened so most had the good sense to plan their exit strategy, whether waiting for redundancy, negotiating relocation offers, or getting out in good time. As far as I know though, no one decided to keep hanging on while broadcasting constantly to colleagues and customers that they'd been treated unfairly, all the while punting their side-hustles to the company's clients.

As far as I know though, no one decided to keep hanging on while broadcasting constantly to colleagues and customers that they'd been treated unfairly,
Indeed - anyone who thinks they're in this position needs to play a long and quiet game. The latter is more imperative than the former.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.