Jimmy Carr

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing for me is that he wouldn't have made a joke about the murder of George Floyd. He probably wouldn't have made a joke about the murder of Jews. But rape, paedophiles, travellers -all largely vulnerable people - are all ok.

• Angry
Reactions: 6

Yel

I presume Netflix have said nothing on it all? They can't take out one joke and leave in the rape and paedophilia ones.

I don't think there's anything offlimits for comedians that go into stuff for the shock value. People like Madeline McCann and George Floyd have no doubt been used in jokes.

Joan rivers got into a fair bit of trouble for joking that some of the widow's of 911 victims were probably overjoyed with both getting millions in cash and being free.

Reactions: 1
What Jimmy Carr said AFTER the joke did put it in context a bit. We are all outraged at 6 million Jews being killed, but where's the outrage at all the travellers being killed?

He was pointing out that so many people still have prejudice against travellers and gypsies, that they don't actually care about them suffering under the Nazis. He was pointing out the hypocrisy. That's how I took it anyway.

It's ironic that there is more uproar about the joke, than about the historical and current xenophobia towards travellers, and the genocide they were subject to. Which kind of proves his point.

Reactions: 6
What Jimmy Carr said AFTER the joke did put it in context a bit. We are all outraged at 6 million Jews being killed, but where's the outrage at all the travellers being killed?

He was pointing out that so many people still have prejudice against travellers and gypsies, that they don't actually care about them suffering under the Nazis. He was pointing out the hypocrisy. That's how I took it anyway.

It's ironic that there is more uproar about the joke, than about the historical and current xenophobia towards travellers, and the genocide they were subject to. Which kind of proves his point.
Well said, if anything I thought he gave a good history lesson! I didn't even know they was targeted in the holocaust and now I know they have my sympathy, obviously it started as a joke but in a way that ended with being informed and educated.

Reactions: 3