Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pommes

Chatty Member
I worry about how the documentary will be portrayed to a younger audience. Jesy’s intended message was “you can make yourself happy again” however if I was 13 and experiencing online bullying, I would interpret solution as being cosmetic enhancements and dramatic weight loss.

She was brutally honest though and should be commended for her personal bravery. Hearing her refer to “the old Jesy” in third person was sad. The old Jesy won the x-factor as someone genuinely talented with a warm personality, she should feel so proud.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

uh-hoe

Sounds like a toxic documentary quite honestly with a terrible message.
The truth is with the internet celebrities will get some nasty messages. You need to have a hard shell to be a public figure. You shouldn't need to be, but it's always been like this.
Maybe the X factor should have screened contestants more like they do for big brother and reject her if she would have issues dealing with everything fame entails.

Reactions: 13

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
People might think it was a strange ending with the therapist and watching clips but it makes sense. I have been to a therapist for different reasons and one of the techniques that really helps certain cases is exposure therapy. She seems to have a real upset about the old Jesy so she needs to expose herself to it in order to love both versions of herself. I hope she continued therapy after filming.
I do understand her. I think it was a far simpler kinder time when not everyone had bloody cameras and used them all the time. Image is everything. I remember a night out a while ago with friends and I thought I looked fine and had a lovely time. The next day one of the friends uploaded loads of photos onto FB and when I saw myself I felt sick. I seriously don't even think I'm that vain (maybe I am???) but it totally ruined my memories of a lovely evening. I just felt like a fool for imagining I had looked alright. Not that I even thought about it at the time. So I can sort of see why she went down the surgery route to look 'normal' - whatever that is. It is a very messed up head fuck tbh. You know you look fine really and don't really even dwell but every now and then a photo pops up and you feel a bit sick. I know I look fine btw - just not remotely photogenic which in this day and age can be hard.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I unfollowed her after watching the documentary. For some reason it rubbed me up the wrong way and I felt so sorry for her mother.

I also felt sorry for the other girls, clearly jesy has issues, I dont deny her that, but the re recording songs and videos because she's not happy must take its toll on them all. And when they had abuse for posting a picture with jesy cropped out. its because jesy refused to share the picture because she didnt like the way she looked. They all must be trying their best to help her. But she poses selfies like lauren goodger, to hide the insecurities and then people dont realise how bad she's suffering.

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
In their new video she is the only one and repeat the only one whilst they are dressed as mermaids wearing no top!!!! She is covering her chest with her hair only 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Again the one claiming to be so full of anxiety and suffer panic attacks feels confident enough though to have millions of people watch a video with a few strands of hair covering her nips!!!!
I detest this attention-seeking twat.

She has overplayed the sympathy card now.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I felt really sorry for her watching this and especially with the school girl who’d been bullied to death that was heartbreaking.

I don’t however agree with people like zoella jumping on the bandwagon and making out any criticism for stuff like the calendar and ripping off kids is the same thing. It’s not. Jesy got sent direct messages about her appearance and telling her to kill herself.

Jesy was never fat, she was different shape to the three other petite girls in the band and that made her look different that’s all and it’s very sad

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
What? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? She was happy to accept herself until the trolls pushed her to breaking point. She's so damaged by the abuse that she's clearly in a mindset where she feels that to be happy she has to lose weight. To top it off, the UK media even got in on the act. She was treated appallingly and it's no wonder she ended up trying to kill herself.

I actually can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this thread. YOU try receiving personal abuse about your appearance and casually just saying 'fuck you' whilst living in the public eye.

Her issues pre date her time on the xfactor and are not caused by trolls.

She’s not mentally or emotionally able to cope with the negative side of being in the public eye. She was/is actively seeking out the negative comments online - she says so herself, her mum says the same.

I’m in no way trying to justify anyone being bullied online but her problems are not due to this.

The program did not address any real issues. Instead we see a young woman who is deeply troubled, who has had major plastic surgery and a host of cosmetic procedures done and is now claiming that she’s OK because the person in the mirror looks different to the one before.

I’m sorry but this was not an expose on online trolling, it was more like a justification of the use of plastic surgery.

“Have you got deep rooted mental health issues? Are you unhappy with how you look? Come and have a crap load of bad plastic surgery and we will make you look like a cartoon character! Then you will be fixed! Hooray for lip filler and wigs!”

I actually think it was a really irresponsible piece of television.

• Heart

Affilation

It was a well made documentary but already seen as an opportunity for Instagrammers to jump on the bandwagon and come out with their Me Too stories about how they are being trolled. Fuck right off.
Harry pickard has jumped on this, when he uses his followers to gang up on people who have a different opinion on his page. He is a troll.

Reactions: 11

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Yes yes yes. And she didn't even address the surgery did she? And it was sad that if she left things alone she would be looking like her Mum by now who I think was absolutely stunning and youthful in a very natural way. I agree with you in that looking back at that documentary it is being hailed as a positive thing but actually promotes a deeply unhealthy message. Change! Don't be slightly overweight! Get surgery! And this is a horrible thing to say but her face now is wierd. It wasn't before. Bloody surgeons preying on the insecure. Appalling.
I feel so awful saying it too but she looked SO much better before whatever surgery and lip fillers she had. Her mum looks great and Jesy would have looked the same. Hopefully one day she will see the light and stop.

nrs264

VIP Member
The problem with mental health is yes it can be serious, but it can also have implications for other people. It sometimes feels like mental health is now used to excuse away bad behaviour and people can't be touched. But what if their actions are having a knock on affect to those around them, what about others mental health, physical health or careers? People have to take responsibility for themselves, or if they are incapable then others have to step in.

Obviously we don't know what's happened and although I do feel sorry for jesy and the trolling is unacceptable, she clearly has many deep rooted issues and to some degree has not helped herself.

• Heart

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
There's no denying she's had a horrendous amount of shit thrown at her by utter arseholes, but, numerous times she said how "you can't avoid social media" and well, yes you can actually. Many, many celebrities do not have social media. Maybe a band has a page or a film project has a page but an individual does not have to have it, or read comments on it. I think her management have to take some of the blame if they did insist each member of the band have an individual page, not to mention some of the very revealing costumes they are I assume told to wear. Obviously fair enough if she was comfortable then wear what she likes but I know if I was as insecure as she says she was I would not for a moment be in pictures and videos with my body out to such an extent, knowing I could not handle the criticism. You obviously need an incredibly thick skin in that industry, not to mention a huge amount of support around you, but what you absolutely do not need is social media.

Agree, 100%

I can’t help but feel that social media has become something of a scapegoat in situations like these.

She didn’t need to have any personal social media pages. No one does. If the use of social media was having such a negative effect on her then the simple answer is to stop using it.

Her problems run far deeper than comments made via social media. The girl has obvious psychological problems that stem back to childhood - body dysmorphia/lack of self esteem. The use of social media would have had nothing but a negative impact on her because as much as it may not be nice, if you are in the public eye people will pass comment on every aspect of you. That’s just the way it is and has been since the year dot.

The amount of surgery she’s had is astonishing. She’s clearly still no where near happy or mentally well. Yet she still is prolific on social media - why? Surely you would just get off it, stop using it - if it was that much of a problem??

Rosiex4

I'm.sorry I dont agree with this doco at all. She has basically said fix yourself and loose weight and you'll be happy again.

I'd have more praise IF she accepted who she was and basically said fuck you to the trolls. I wont allow my kids to watch this

Reactions: 10

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
For balance....

Jesy Nelson is someone who has obviously got deep rooted mental health issues and body image issues that stem back to long before her time on x-factor.
her mum says it’s as if she’s addicted to reading what is being said about her. That’s it, right there. I’m not condoning any of the abuse she’s received but you have to look at it objectively- all of her band mates will have had abuse levelled at them, it’s more a question of how you choose to deal with it.

Her boyfriend states that he assumed she “just woke up looking like that” (full face of make up on) and didn’t realise she was getting up early to put it all on - I’m sorry, what the fuck? Is he thick? He honestly believes a real human being wakes up looking like that? What on Earth?!
It’s Chris Hughes from love island, yeah he is thick.

I’ve not watched the documentary but read about it in the paper and knew that every youtuber snowflake would use it as an opportunity to join in with how hard they have it

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
She's irritating. When I watched the documentary I genuinely felt bad for her and she had won me over, but now she's posting the same style of pictures over and over again... she KNOWS she looks great. I have a hard time believing she has any confidence or body issues at all.

PennyLane321

I sort of relate to Jesy in the sense that she has low self esteem and anxiety but still wears skimpy outfits etc. When I think I look good I’ll wear more daring outfits and feel good about myself but if I’m having an ugly moment I’ll hide myself away because the thought of anyone seeing me makes me feel physically sick. However, I don’t have social media or take selfies or pics in general because 1. I know it’s not healthy for me and 2. It means I can be present in the moment and not obsess over getting the perfect picture. That’s where I lose sympathy for Jesy. She constantly posts half naked pics or is overly sexual in LM videos (eye fucking the camera and finger biting :sick:) for validation but it’s a double edged sword. To get the validation she craves it’s means she also leaves herself open to criticism/trolling. She knows this but chooses to keep playing the game.

memoii11

VIP Member
I hope all these people moaning about people gossiping (not trolling) never ever gossip about anyone, be it a celebrity or Jill at number 37.

• Haha

Kermy5

There's no denying she's had a horrendous amount of shit thrown at her by utter arseholes, but, numerous times she said how "you can't avoid social media" and well, yes you can actually. Many, many celebrities do not have social media. Maybe a band has a page or a film project has a page but an individual does not have to have it, or read comments on it. I think her management have to take some of the blame if they did insist each member of the band have an individual page, not to mention some of the very revealing costumes they are I assume told to wear. Obviously fair enough if she was comfortable then wear what she likes but I know if I was as insecure as she says she was I would not for a moment be in pictures and videos with my body out to such an extent, knowing I could not handle the criticism. You obviously need an incredibly thick skin in that industry, not to mention a huge amount of support around you, but what you absolutely do not need is social media.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
When she refers as 'the old Jesy' does she mean before she had work.done or before she won the X factor?
Well she and the programme never made it clear though it was implied it was pre weight loss, pre surgery and when she had frizzy hair. There were such a lot of mixed messages in that programme. Jesy saying how SM and people in the public eye with their perfect bodies can affect the mentality of young people then the footage of them getting ready to shoot a video and her being tightly laced into a corset with a tiny waist. She said what fans don't know is that it takes hours and hours and much makeup to look like that and it is unrealistic - but that is exactly it - the fans don't know that. I wish she had mentioned her surgery just once.

Thetruth123

VIP Member
Just read the story of Jesy having a panic attack when doing Radio 1’s Live Lounge. I hope I’m wrong but the cynic in me thinks it’s a bit of a publicly stunt. I mean having a panic attack in front of the cameras instead of walking to the side of the stage out of view. Followed by a performance of a song with the lyrics “I’m Falling Again”
Exactly 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
this girl craves nothing but attention so full of anxiety she can parade half naked on stage though and on photo shoots .......this was just to make sure her “anxiety” still stays in-the public eye!!!!!