Jessica Rose Williams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She comes across as a massive snob who hasn't got a right to be one, if that makes sense.

Like she just has a huge chip on her shoulder throughout life. Very hyacinth bucket.

Reactions: 3
I don't think minimalism really suits her.

She's done a 180 from fashion-loving and boozing party gal to a nearly monk-like and beige-colored existence.

She doesn't really know how to strike a healthy balance.

I thought the entire point of a capsule wardrobe was not to have to think and worry about clothes.. But yet here she is, every few months throwing all her clothes onto the bed and thinking about what color overalls she likes better.

I think she still loves fashion. And there's a whole air of depravity to her minimalism that isn't in the liberating spirit the lifestyle is supposed to bring.

So why not explore ways to play around with fashion while remaining sustainable? Shopping second-hand, swapping clothes with friends, taking designer items out on loan?

Except she's locked herself into a very tight brand aesthetic and color scheme, and she's too much of a perfectionist to veer from her carefully curated Pinterest boards and try something different.

Who remembers her monologue when she was at her mom's property, talking about how worried she was that people would unfollow her because she was no longer living in her perfect little cottage?

So we get the same kind of content, but perhaps better photographed, that we did three years ago. She's still streamlining her wardrobe, still decluttering.

I even thought in her recent video that she let that kitchen drawer get cluttered on purpose because she thought it would make for good content. But then again, I don't really trust most of what she says nowadays.

Reactions: 5
Honestly she has too much time on her hands...jess needs to get a real job, in the real world. I honestly don't know how she'll afford living with all the cost increases. I don't think the book has done amazingly well so I doubt they'll be another one.

Reactions: 7
Oh god it's just the same videos on repeat.......
you're so right, her content is the same thing repeated every few months. she must be so lacking in imagination and creativity if all she does is post one blog post every, what? two months? or vlog and it's the same topic she's covered over and over.

it leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing she's gone skiing right after a holiday with her mum. i imagine some of her followers will be turned off by that. when everyone is struggling with increased living costs, she's off on a skiing holiday which are notoriously for rich kids. this is why I said a while back that I find it hard listening to her whine about her childhood, claiming she isn't rich when she has two horses that she goes to shows with and goes on skiing holidays!!! a lot of upper middle class/rich people don't think they're rich because they know peeople that are richer than they are. so in their eyes they're not wealthy. but in my eyes jess is very wealthy and privileged. which makes it even more painful to see her swanning about doing absolutely nothing in her free time.

she calls herself a writer but.... when does she actually write? there's barely any content from her and when she does post it's the same thing she's written about/filmed before!!!

I noticed a new Sezane cardigan in her stories, then the sale of the grey one immediately after, Sezane are a very sustainable brand but it still needs to travel over from France, so buying a local handmade one would be more sustainable.
Flights are far from sustainable, unless she travelled by train? Showing a carbon offset would help to make 2 flights for pleasure more sustainable and considered.
Does showing a vegan burger constitute being vegan? Plant based would have been a better description, that would also looked more considered.
Her message confuses me.

Reactions: 2
I noticed a new Sezane cardigan in her stories, then the sale of the grey one immediately after, Sezane are a very sustainable brand but it still needs to travel over from France, so buying a local handmade one would be more sustainable.
Flights are far from sustainable, unless she travelled by train? Showing a carbon offset would help to make 2 flights for pleasure more sustainable and considered.
Does showing a vegan burger constitute being vegan? Plant based would have been a better description, that would also looked more considered.
Her message confuses me.
this is why people are getting pissed off at her. she says she's not vegan but any chance she gets she refers to things as being vegan, which implies she's at least trying to adopt the lifestyle. otherwise why mention it at all? knock it off or stick to it.

I forgot about the new clothes. I saw them on her stories. I also noticed she was wearing almost an entire outfit of clothing she never includes (or only partly includes) in her capsule wardrobe. I haven't watched her video yet but she always makes it look like she's got like 5 items in her entire wardrobe with that sparse rail she alwayus shows. everything about her lifestyle is so misleading! I wouldn't be surprised to learn she's lying about a whole bunch of things.

Reactions: 4
Wonder who's on holiday with her now? If it's her mum again, I bet she (the mum) paid. Once again, how does she afford ski holidays, 2 horses, designer wardrobe, re doing a rented property (rent must be 800pcm? In edensor?)

I would think she got a book advance of what, 10 grand? She and Jason have no children together so I don't think he'll be paying much or anything out, unless from the goodness of his own heart. Her dad doesn't exactly look wealthy, but maybe some guilt money for leaving jess a virtual orphan 🙄

Virtual orphan made me laugh! Thoughts on the capsule wardrobe vlog, same as all the others, why not say the denim jacket brand when you’re mentioning all the others? Why hasn’t she declared the gifted items? What happened to the shirt / trousers she was gifted from organic basics? Rockholly stopped trading a while ago, do your research Jess! On the plus side, no mention of it being a ‘beautiful day’ which seems to be standard in her vlogs 🙄

she says "I'm going to go through everything I own.... except loungwear, hobby clothes...." 🙄 so not everything then?? she pretends she has this tiny rail of clothing for her "year round wardrobe" but really she hides all the clothes she has. it's so dishonest.

I watch minimalist/capsule wardrobe youtubers because I struggle with owning too many clothes and not wanting to declutter them. I look to these youtubers for inspiration, which is hwy I get so angry and frustrated when I see people like Jess lying about their wardrobes/lifestyles. they can't even achieve what they're attempting to teach other people!!!!

Eye roll at the latest post - newsflash, most of us don’t have the luxury of prioritising just three things and setting 15 minute timers. It’s called real life, where you go to work, spend 8 hours grafting then have a rest after you’ve done all your other stuff! 😂

It’s just another advert for her books. Some of those things I do a lot of anyway, they are recommended for people with ME/CFS - I can’t remember if she has a similar disability?

Reactions: 1
It’s just another advert for her books. Some of those things I do a lot of anyway, they are recommended for people with ME/CFS - I can’t remember if she has a similar disability?
don't give her any ideas. I bet any day now she'll claim she's struggle her whole life with a disability.
Eye roll at the latest post - newsflash, most of us don’t have the luxury of prioritising just three things and setting 15 minute timers. It’s called real life, where you go to work, spend 8 hours grafting then have a rest after you’ve done all your other stuff! 😂
this is the problem I have with simple living bloggers/youtubers. they have such empty vacuous lives and they forget that other people have jobs that take up most of their day. I'd love to sit around at home all day, writing lists and deciding what to do and what not to do. I get up early and go to bed late. I don't get to choose what jobs or chores get done first or last. I have to get it all done. I wish these people would at least acknowledge their privilege.

Reactions: 7
I agree with that. I get in such a rut when I’ve consumed so much content (yuck, I hate that word) from these life style bloggers thinking I’m doing life all wrong. I’d love to spend all day decluttering or not having an alarm, or going for a morning run that wouldn’t be getting up at 5:30am.

Influencers slagging tattle off, made me find tattle and this site has made me see through it. But can someone enlighten me as to how they make money to live these lifestyles they choose? I could not afford one holiday a year, never mind two and one being a skiing holiday!

Yes! Just acknowledge how privileged they are and don’t make vlogs offering tips that can’t apply to the majority of us. If your job is to tidy your house and wardrobe, decorate your house and read books then you are unlike 99.9% of people.

Jess has been reading here. her latest video is a week in outfits. Something she's never done before (I don't think?) It's good that she's making more of an effort to make different types of content. But it does feel like she's angling to get more work with brands since she's doing the "links in the description!" thing fashion ytbers do. her outfits are bland. for someone who spends so much time decluttering their wardrobe and buying new pieces, you'd think after several years of doing the capsule wardrobe thing she'd have a better style! it's so basic but I'm not that surprised to be honest. she declutters things and then buys (or is gifted!!!) a near identical item to replace it with.

she even has the audacity to say "I've bought new trainers and you know how rare it is for me to buy new clothes." Is she serious?? Jess, if you're reading this, I think you need to keep track of all the items you buy and are gifted because you'll be shocked at how many new things you get!

Last edited: