Jessica Rose Williams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still convinced she's getting a decent payout from Jason, maybe half the cost of thd house, which could be 250k.....but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a house I don't own either....

Reactions: 3
I could undertstand taking up old carpets to expose the flloorboards and maybe sanding/painting them to look nicer. but replacing the carpets?? that's expensive! same with fitting a whole new kitchen!!! cabinets cost a lot of money. I wonder what she's thinking. maybe hoping she'll be able to buy the house from the current owners at some point? it's wild to be to spend that much money on a home you don't own (and probably won't ever own.) I rent and the most I do is paint, put decals on tiles/surfaces to make it look nicer, and that's about it!

Reactions: 2
Did she make some kind of deal with the landlord or something? Makes no sense otherwise. Unless she can write it off as a business expense since she works there too?

I don't undestand how she affords her lifestyle either. When she was with her husband it was obvious his job paid for their lifestyle. Jess barely works and when she does it's very little in terms of work that would actulaly pay well. she can't be making much fom youtube and she doesn't write much on her blog. I can't imagine she's getting much work from magazines, etc. I suppose th ebook deal got her a bit of money. But she's spent a decent chunk on redecorating the house she dosn' town and I do wonder if she'll run out of cash soon. how long can she live this lifestyle? £1.5k a month income (which was her income a year or two ago and has likely declined, let's face it) isn't much money at all especially considering the area she livesin. I wonder if she's drowning in debt! divorces aren't cheap!

she mentioned Hope's "period" YET AGAIN on her vlog! saying she "became a woman." JFC.

edited to add: the jumpers she bought aren't vegan! they're made from mohair! It really annoys me how jess claims to be a vegan but clearly hasn't bothered to educate herself about veganism and only sticks to the diet - if she actually sticks to that! I don't believe for one second she only eats vegan food and that makes me doubt a lot of what she says about minimalism, sustainable choices, etc. etc. are something she just says she does but doesn't actually live by. Her whole online persona is a total sham!!!
I wonder if she may have been given an advance on her book some months ago. Which would give her quite a bit to live on, then she gets the rest when its published, not sure if it works like this in her case

Reactions: 1
I wonder if she may have been given an advance on her book some months ago. Which would give her quite a bit to live on, then she gets the rest when its published, not sure if it works like this in her case
It's not going to be that much though. It's a small publishing house not a big one. A few thousand at most and with the cost of where she lives and the divorce, I can't see that stretching very far.

Will be interesting to see the reviews of the book.
I did a bit of nosying which anyone can do, Jessica relinquished her share of the business (25%) to Jason and it looks like it was for a decent amount from what companies house shows (not that I fully understand it) so she may have had 6 figures to sit with. Also thinking about it, with her dad coming back into her life and her friends having babies, was it a driving factor in the split, Jason is 17 years older than her after all.

detective homesweethomesweethome signing off for now 🧐

Will be interesting to see the reviews of the book.
I did a bit of nosying which anyone can do, Jessica relinquished her share of the business (25%) to Jason and it looks like it was for a decent amount from what companies house shows (not that I fully understand it) so she may have had 6 figures to sit with. Also thinking about it, with her dad coming back into her life and her friends having babies, was it a driving factor in the split, Jason is 17 years older than her after all.

detective homesweethomesweethome signing off for now 🧐
if she was sitting on savings in to the 6 figures it doesn't make sense to me for her to rent a property. I know she said she can't afford a house in the area she's currently living in but wouldn't it make more financial sense to find some quaint town that's just add lovely and buy??

i'm so tired of this bullshit: https://www.jessicarosewilliams.com/journal/five-years-of-capsule-wardrobe-lessons

she claims she's bought less than 5 items last year.... but she received more than 5 items from brands for free!! ok so maybe she only paid for 5 items. but I hate that she isn't honest about her wardrobe especially when she's peddaling a "minimalist" lifestyle and positioning herself as an "expert" in capsule wardrobes. how do people not see through this??

I thought that too, shes got loads of new clothes last year, stuff she hides I think on Instagram but clear to see on fbook. She also unboxed a lot of expensive clothes on her Xmas blog? Liar through and through to make people buy her book. Also while im on a rant, she posted a story about back to work and my first thought was you don't work, your life is no different from usual, you just rehash quotes, walk your dog and look on Pinterest.

I thought that too, shes got loads of new clothes last year, stuff she hides I think on Instagram but clear to see on fbook. She also unboxed a lot of expensive clothes on her Xmas blog? Liar through and through to make people buy her book. Also while im on a rant, she posted a story about back to work and my first thought was you don't work, your life is no different from usual, you just rehash quotes, walk your dog and look on Pinterest.
I don't follow her on Facebook so I didn't know this! can you screen shot some of her posts?

I've noticed whenever she does wardrobe declutters that she has items she hasn't mentioned getting that suddenly she's getting rid of. why is she saying those 5 items are the only once she's bought? I wonder if any of her followers question that? or are they all dumb?

if it wasn't already, it's becoming more and more apparent that her whole minimalism thing is all for show. she's such a fake.

I don’t care about how many items she owns or buys or whatever. But she is SO unwilling to admit how privileged she has been to make “slow living,” morning walks, pretty pictures, home decor, and curating a ward her “work” while someone else was paying her bills.

In July of 2020 she made a post basically confronting people who have told her “how nice it must be to have so much time.” Her response: “I have just as much time as anyone else.”

How out of touch can you be! Sure, we all have 24 hours in a day, but how we get to spend that time isn’t the same for everyone. In the comment section, she got pretty down right mean with some of her followers who were just trying to get her to acknowledge her privilege of time- especially in reference to those like single parent mothers who don’t have as much choice in how their time is spent. And then she got rude about her choice to be a child-free person. It was shocking and I stopped following her right then.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could all quit our 9-5s and get paid to take baths, wear designer sweaters that cost almost half a monthly mortgage, and take videos making tea? Sure, we all have the same 24hrs, but we can’t all have that life. She should have graciously acknowledged that it is great to have the time and resources to live the way she does, not lashed out defensively. What a poor strategy to keep followers.

Reactions: 6
I don’t care about how many items she owns or buys or whatever. But she is SO unwilling to admit how privileged she has been to make “slow living,” morning walks, pretty pictures, home decor, and curating a ward her “work” while someone else was paying her bills.

In July of 2020 she made a post basically confronting people who have told her “how nice it must be to have so much time.” Her response: “I have just as much time as anyone else.”

How out of touch can you be! Sure, we all have 24 hours in a day, but how we get to spend that time isn’t the same for everyone. In the comment section, she got pretty down right mean with some of her followers who were just trying to get her to acknowledge her privilege of time- especially in reference to those like single parent mothers who don’t have as much choice in how their time is spent. And then she got rude about her choice to be a child-free person. It was shocking and I stopped following her right then.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could all quit our 9-5s and get paid to take baths, wear designer sweaters that cost almost half a monthly mortgage, and take videos making tea? Sure, we all have the same 24hrs, but we can’t all have that life. She should have graciously acknowledged that it is great to have the time and resources to live the way she does, not lashed out defensively. What a poor strategy to keep followers.
I don't care how many items she had either. But I would prefer if she was honest about it instead of making out like she has a tiny wardrobe. It's dishonest.

I had no idea about those other colleges! It reminds me of Molly Mae's recent scandal.

Here's just a couple. I think it's the lying that does my head in, she pretends she hasn't got as much as she does. And it costs a small fortune. The whole lifestyle. How isn't she bored??? I'm bored of watching her make tea and moan about not having a dad while growing up. Who apparently was abusive to her mum according to the book, so why would she want him back in her life? 🤔 if I was her mum, I'd be very hurt.

Attachments

Ya I feel sorry for her mom with some of the comments Jessica makes about her childhood. I wonder how her mom feels about her sharing it all online.

She's mentioned before about certain clothes not being counted in her wardrobe because they're "hobby clothes." But the way I see it is, if you wear them regularly at part of your every day outfits (which clearly she does!!) then you should count them. Otherwise you're just trying to make it look like you have s tiny wardrobe when you don't. Like I said, I don't care how many fitness she owns but when she's making out like she's an expert in capsules them I think she needs to be honest with her readers!!!

Jess's approach to "healthy" liftstyle habits is toxic. she starts by saying she has an eating disorder and then goes on to talk about intermittent fasting. that's restricted eating and just shows she's not recovering at all.

she also talks about her childhood that there was "no food on the table." I don't buy that at all. she had horses! I'm sorry but it seems like she's trying to make herself more interesting by talking about her eating disorder, abuse, and poor childhood but none of this sounds honest.

the "big breakfast" she talks about later on in the vlog was two slices of white bread and about three tablespoons of baked beans..............

Last edited:
Jess's approach to "healthy" liftstyle habits is toxic. she starts by saying she has an eating disorder and then goes on to talk about intermittent fasting. that's restricted eating and just shows she's not recovering at all.

she also talks about her childhood that there was "no food on the table." I don't buy that at all. she had horses! I'm sorry but it seems like she's trying to make herself more interesting by talking about her eating disorder, abuse, and poor childhood but none of this sounds honest.

the "big breakfast" she talks about later on in the vlog was two slices of white bread and about three tablespoons of baked beans..............
I thought the exact same about the intermittent fasting and the eating disorder. It just rang alarm bells in my head. I would assume eating small meals but more frequently would be better.

I mean I have horses and we didn’t have loads of money, but my parents always ensured we had food, as that was the priority.

I think she meant they might had prepared foods and nothing home cooked. Not that she was going hungry. (Generally agree with you on this though - intermittent fasting can be just another restriction. Just wanted to point that out)

I thought there was a lot of evidence behind intermittent fasting - not the extreme kind but the one where you limit your eating to 10 or 12 hours a day. So if you have breakfast at 8 you stop eating at 8 in the evening again. Something about giving your digestive system time to switch off and keeping your blood sugar low. If it's just being used to restrict food intake then it's obviously a disaster. I definitely feel better if I don't eat late at night. I think anyone who has had an eating disorder shoulder probably steer clear. The whole area of diet is something influencers in general should stay away from in my opinion.