Jessica Rose Williams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she meant they might had prepared foods and nothing home cooked. Not that she was going hungry. (Generally agree with you on this though - intermittent fasting can be just another restriction. Just wanted to point that out)
it didn't come across that way to me at all. it felt like she was heavily implying she had an awfully tough upbringing.

I thought there was a lot of evidence behind intermittent fasting - not the extreme kind but the one where you limit your eating to 10 or 12 hours a day. So if you have breakfast at 8 you stop eating at 8 in the evening again. Something about giving your digestive system time to switch off and keeping your blood sugar low. If it's just being used to restrict food intake then it's obviously a disaster. I definitely feel better if I don't eat late at night. I think anyone who has had an eating disorder shoulder probably steer clear. The whole area of diet is something influencers in general should stay away from in my opinion.
I disagree.whenever you're making your body eat in a way that isn't natural that's restrictive behaviour. unless you naturally eat between certain hours and aren't preventing yourself from eating when you need to, then intermittent fasting is just another diet. it's terrible for people with eating disorders or recovering from disordered eating to follow a restrictive diet like this. combined with the fact she's adding more exercise into her lifestyle (she already rides horses and walks her dog) it feels like she's resorting to old patterns of behavior (restricting, exercising, etc. etc. - very common for those with eds)

Reactions: 1
it didn't come across that way to me at all. it felt like she was heavily implying she had an awfully tough upbringing.

I disagree.whenever you're making your body eat in a way that isn't natural that's restrictive behaviour. unless you naturally eat between certain hours and aren't preventing yourself from eating when you need to, then intermittent fasting is just another diet. it's terrible for people with eating disorders or recovering from disordered eating to follow a restrictive diet like this. combined with the fact she's adding more exercise into her lifestyle (she already rides horses and walks her dog) it feels like she's resorting to old patterns of behavior (restricting, exercising, etc. etc. - very common for those with eds)
My understanding of intermittent fasting is that you eat all your meals within a certain time frame but you don't go hungry. To be honest I don't know that much about it so probably shouldn't have commented. I've only seen it on Doctor in the House and it was never used to cut out meals just evening snacking. Anything that's used to restrict food/calorie intake and that people become too obsessive about is problematic particularly if there's a history of disordered eating.
Also a lot of what we eat and the way we eat it is very far from natural!

I don’t mind a lot of what Jess does but it kind of irritates me that she gets to makes exercising and cooking part of her work! Things that the rest of us do but fit in around a million other things! Maybe I’m just jealous but how can people call make these every day things their work? I need someone to pay me to light and candle and take a bath :confused:

Just watching the video now. It is worrying that she's limiting herself to 2 meals per day especially with all the exercise she's doing. I'd never last all day on 2 meals.

Reactions: 2
Just watching the video now. It is worrying that she's limiting herself to 2 meals per day especially with all the exercise she's doing. I'd never last all day on 2 meals.
No I don't think I could manage on 2 meals. But the latest medical research seems to suggest that 2 meals, or even better 1 meal is healthiest. I only know this because I'm diagnosed with a fatty liver and I'm trying to reverse this and get myself as healthy as possible but to have just 1 or 2 meals they would have to be a damb good, full of calories and nutrition.

Then I think I shouldn't stress about this, not when so many people are going to bed hungry even in the UK, So i'll just eat normal but cut out sugar and bad fat, and add more greens to my diet, see how that goes

No I don't think I could manage on 2 meals. But the latest medical research seems to suggest that 2 meals, or even better 1 meal is healthiest. I only know this because I'm diagnosed with a fatty liver and I'm trying to reverse this and get myself as healthy as possible but to have just 1 or 2 meals they would have to be a damb good, full of calories and nutrition.

Then I think I shouldn't stress about this, not when so many people are going to bed hungry even in the UK, So i'll just eat normal but cut out sugar and bad fat, and add more greens to my diet, see how that goes
She has an eating disorder. Limiting herself to 2 meals a day is a terrible idea. "The latest medical research" means duck all at that point.

I think she may have seen this as she's posted a bullying type story, although sounds like she was the bully frim previous posts (and she comes across as a mean girl if you get on the wrong side of her) The eating disorder thing could sound like another bandwagon jess jumps on without being too rude. Although she alludes to her teeth being fake from it, which also makes sense.

Ps it's brunetteem but got locked out of my account 😕

Reactions: 3
I've been reading this thread and I've registered to be able to reply.

I have to start by saying, I like her videos a lot, and I am half way through her book. She has inspired me very much in many ways when it comes to wardrobe. I think she is quite consistent with her clothes, I have seen her audits quite a few times and know her clothes by heart, and apart from a few pieces like a denim jacket and blue dress (which she had after a year of not doing any audits on youtube whilst writing her book) and also some leisure wear pieces (which I imagine come in as gifts) her wardrobe has remained pretty much the same. She is certainly not afraid to repeat wear certain items to death, which had to be admired. I used to watch "asmallwardrobe", which with time I just got so annoyed with I had to unsubscribe. Because it was a small wardrobe of 30 and so items that got changed so many times she must have had 500 pieces in the last 5 years! Then again, with time and perspective maybe I'll think the same about Jessica, I dont know! I think what I learn through myself and others is that you make a lot of mistakes while learning about your style and wardrobe, and that you also get sick of items too. I maybe need a few more years of seeing Jessica to get a final opinion there. Oh and one thing that has annoyed me a lot, are two pairs of wool trousers, that she said would be altered, and then finally concluded should be sold. They seemed to be object of debate constantly, and I couldn't believe it when she still had them in her last audit! I don't think she even remembered, which is sad, because I do (me being the sad case)! How can I know so much about her wardrobe seriously lol Honestly, as a recommendation, my other favourite minimal closet youtber is "vested interests". She is completely different from Jessica in every way, but I do like them both. Well, I find Vested Interests to be more of a role modal should I choose one I suppose (and someone I admire a lot as a person).

As for neglect. Yes, you can be neglected and left to fend for yourself whilst having horses and so on.(That has been my case and I've seen more severe cases of very rich parents that sent kids unkempt and neglected to school because they had no time or wish to give them their time and care) I have no idea if that was her case, I imagine her mum was doing what she thought was best. Her family always seem lovely to be honest, very caring and doting, or at least that is what comes across on the videos. I agree with what users say about how her mum and family could feel bad after reading her book. I agree! I could never do that to my parents for sure. And also Jessica comes across to me as I read the book as self centered, in the sense I don't think she is very self aware of herself and others. Referring quite a lot to how her family never understood her, or other people to that matter, it honestly comes across as quite mean a lot of the time I think you have to stick up for your own pain and injustices but with deep compassion to those around you that you feel have wronged you (especially as they are people that love you dearly).

I too think the books a bit of a rehash of old ideas that are out there in a better format, but having said that, I do think she writes well and has a nice way with words and how to put things. I am still "a fan" of Jessica, but I have her on no pedestal. I can see her faults. There are people that are "better" at being sustainable and vegan and so on, but are not so much to my taste. I honestly don't watch her to be advised on such topics either. I have no idea what she was like as a teenager, obviously, but I think we all deserve a chance to be a better person in the here and now. All I know is that I always enjoy watching her videos a lot. That could change, time will tell!

Reactions: 6
I really like Vested Interests too. I wish she would post more but also I think her infrequent posting is a good demonstration of the contradiction of being a "minimal influencer". If you have a tiny wardrobe and it's not changing, you very quickly run out of things to post, and you're not going to get a lot of sponsors. I think Jessica actually has a decent balance with this since she doesn't purely post fashion/style content, she can keep her channel more active while still not growing her wardrobe out of control.

If you have a tiny wardrobe and it's not changing, you very quickly run out of things to post,
I don't think that's true. it just shows a lack of imagination and creativity. lots of infleuncers (particularly bloggers) show the same items over and over, writing about how to restyle and rewear the same items repeatedly. You only have to search on pinterest and it will pull up lots of blog posts on capsule wardrobe ideas. All jess does is declutter, share her "capsule", rinse and repeat every few months.

I don't see Jess ever showing how to style outfits. It's almost like she's not even interested in style/fashion yet that's apparently what's she's an "expert" in! it's been said before, she's dishonest about the items she gets for free from brands to make it look like she has a small wardrobe but she doesn't. I was following her since sh estarted her blog and it's quickly become apparent she doesn't know anything about style (or even have an interest in it??) after all that time spent ~curating~ a capsule, she doesn't have much knowledge to share.

I don't think that's true. it just shows a lack of imagination and creativity. lots of infleuncers (particularly bloggers) show the same items over and over, writing about how to restyle and rewear the same items repeatedly. You only have to search on pinterest and it will pull up lots of blog posts on capsule wardrobe ideas. All jess does is declutter, share her "capsule", rinse and repeat every few months.

I don't see Jess ever showing how to style outfits. It's almost like she's not even interested in style/fashion yet that's apparently what's she's an "expert" in! it's been said before, she's dishonest about the items she gets for free from brands to make it look like she has a small wardrobe but she doesn't. I was following her since sh estarted her blog and it's quickly become apparent she doesn't know anything about style (or even have an interest in it??) after all that time spent ~curating~ a capsule, she doesn't have much knowledge to share.
I'd love to see her do more styling of her wardrobe too!

I really like Vested Interests too. I wish she would post more but also I think her infrequent posting is a good demonstration of the contradiction of being a "minimal influencer". If you have a tiny wardrobe and it's not changing, you very quickly run out of things to post, and you're not going to get a lot of sponsors. I think Jessica actually has a decent balance with this since she doesn't purely post fashion/style content, she can keep her channel more active while still not growing her wardrobe out of control.
Use Less is great too! Thing is I dress more like Jessica than Signe so that I why I prefer the former! Vested Interest is very "grown up" and kind. She is too practical when dressing but I loved seeing her journey getting to a minimal wardrobe, and hearing her experience and regrets. She always says its just a hobby, I think that makes it easier to be true to yourself!

She has an eating disorder. Limiting herself to 2 meals a day is a terrible idea. "The latest medical research" means duck all at that point.
She does talk about eating "crisp sandwiches" and the like usually. She was so proud of herself for cooking real food as such, which I suppose is all good moves in the positive direction. She is obviously in no place to tell other people how to eat, but she does state she is no modal in that sense. Its really hard to say without more information about exactly what her ED is. Crisp sandwiches sounds more like you can't be bothered, don't know how to cook or are just uninterested in food. Maybe she finds that IF gives her a structure to hold on to. Obviously if she is struggling and not eating enough maybe 3 meals a day would be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Style wise, if you go back for jessica at the 'start' or her journey it's all Stella McCartney designer clothes and generic pony girl wear/wanna be posh girl. Still is if you count the holland Cooper clothing. It's as dull as she is. I'm gonna follow these recommendations as they sound more up my street and what I want to be inspired by.

I'm sure she's wearing another new dress we've never seen. Is this her holiday capsule wardrobe? And if so, doesn't she just now have a normal wardrobe. Also wonder who's on holiday with her 🤔

I'm sure she's wearing another new dress we've never seen. Is this her holiday capsule wardrobe? And if so, doesn't she just now have a normal wardrobe. Also wonder who's on holiday with her 🤔
Yup that's a new dress. Notice how she's mentioning how long she's owned certain items?

Yup that's a new dress. Notice how she's mentioning how long she's owned certain items?

Like the bikini? Yeah I'm sure we all have stuff from a while ago but most of her clothes are new

I'm very bored at work today.....but its twice she's posted the quote about love. I think shes seeing someone

Last edited:
I'm not sure if its of any relevance, but I do remember in one of her videos, nearly 1 year before her breakup she was talking about how to dress for date nights. And she said used the words "current husband". I thought at the time, I wonder if there are any problems?