Jeremy Kyle Show

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From popbitch

>> Fevered pitch <<​
Kill 'em with Kyle-ness​

It would be crass of us to be too gleeful at the news of Jeremy Kyle's show being axed (even though the prick once set his lawyers on us – including one singularly rabid one who's been a semi-regular thorn in our side ever since). But while it's gratifying to see Kyle getting properly turned over after all this time, it is worth remembering that he was not the only person responsible for the tenor of his TV show.

ITV always managed to feign shock whenever the show resulted in violence or unpleasantness – but one TV exec remembers ITV bods telling production companies at a commissioning meeting that they were looking for new shows to fill their "Chavs Fighting" morning slot.​
Complaints about the Jeremy Kyle Show started early. On the ITV log from series six: "Please ask Jeremy to stop shouting. He could get his point across in a quieter manner."​
>> Cruel to be Kyle <<​
Sneaking booze to kiddies​

Stories from runners and other production people about their time on Jeremy Kyle are starting to trickle out, but we told you back in May 2014 about some of their worst practices.

One member of staff who worked at the hotel where Kyle's guests would regularly be housed when the show filmed at Granada Studios told us that crew would constantly be dropping off packages for guests (mainly consisting of cigs and booze, because the guests were under instructions not to charge expensive extras like that to their rooms).

One of the more obvious packages they dropped off was two bottles of vodka, for one young girl who was due to appear on a show the next day about drinking.

Who was then criticised for being drunk while filming.​
Axing Jeremy Kyle might have some unintended consequences on high art. The composer Michael Nyman used to put the show on in the background while he was working.​
>> Who wants a hug? <<​
The court of public opinion
It's also worth remembering that we, the general public, are not entirely blameless in all of this.

Back when his show was at the height of its success, ITV execs thought it might be a good idea to double the fun with a spin-off show. The plan was to make a UK version of 'Dr Phil': the legendary American talk show which covers the same sort of issues, but with comforting psychobabble and lots of therapy in place of all the fighting and screaming.

And how did viewers take to this sort of warm and fuzzy approach?

So badly that it quickly went off air.​

Reactions: 1
I thought this was funny:

I wonder if ITV will scrap his other shows too? Emergency room and The Kyle Files?

Someone mentioned Jeremy Kyle earlier and I thought to myself I haven't heard anything about him for a while. Anyone any idea what he is up to now.

Someone mentioned Jeremy Kyle earlier and I thought to myself I haven't heard anything about him for a while. Anyone any idea what he is up to now.
I think his career is over. At least, I sincerely hope it is.

How can a presenter of a show like that bounce back after something so horrible? I'm just amazed it didn't happen earlier, and that such a horrifying programme was ever commisioned to begin with.

It's said he's wanted to give evidence at an inquest and that it's believed he is in part responsible for the guest's death. I recall after the show was first axed ITV said they'd be keeping JK with them for other projects but I don't see how they possibly can with an outlook so grim for his reputation.

Reactions: 2