Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
For me it comes down to how these shows vet and care for the people on them. You can’t know or protect everything but my guess is that there is limited care for people on Jeremy Kyle and sadly this tragedy has occurred.

Reactions: 1

Laexquise

One of the things about love island is that quite a few people have said there’s no aftercare/input from itv once people have left, only the winners. Hopefully they will change that this year, as regardless of how far people get in the show, they’re essentially just exposing people into being a ‘celebrity’ at the drop of a hat and walking away from them. I’d imagine that JK was of a similar ilk, more than likely didn’t offer any help/support to the guests to help them deal with what’s happened on the show.
Comparatively, a few of the GBBO folk have said they got lots of support from BBC/channel 4 afterwards to help them manage the fame.

Scarlett30

Was literally coming on here to start a thread on the same thing.

I’ve read an article that someone died a week after filming. There must be some evidence linking the Kyle shoe to the death of else it wouldn’t be suspended.

I hope it never returns. Horrendous show and threat he spoke to people was truly awful

Loopy81

Chatty Member
Is it definitely her that was the guest who died after filming? I know who you are talking about and that she had been on it before but are these two things definitely related?

As others have said, something definitely not right with this story if they have pulled it indefinitely. I can understand not airing this episode but conducting an investigation and not showing any more episodes until further notice? That is odd.
From what I’ve read yeah. Apparently she was on with her kids again.... something really strange.

If it 100% is her I wonder if they are blaming the way he starts with guests that’s brought it on

Scarlett30

I was reading on the Facebook page suggestions it could be linked to a domestic abuse situation but who knows. Could be speculation 💕

RachyWoo

VIP Member
That is the difference, the JK suicide was a week after filming, the Love Island suicides were a couple of years + after they were on the show, and they just happened to be Love Island contestants, I don’t know about Sophie, but mike had done other reality TV post Love Island, so why is it not Celebs Go Dating or whatever shows he’s been on that as to blame for his suicide.

Love Island definitely has its problems no doubt about that. But the situations are not the same.
👏 Exactly!! Love Island can't be used as a comparison because it wasn't connected to the suicides.

Loopy81

Chatty Member
That is desperately sad. I have followed that lady's story for a couple of years since she first made the headlines (not going to add any details about why she did as dont want her identifiable) and loved that things were looking really positive for her with an engagement etc. A tragic end. And if there is a link to the show then there are definitely answers to be had.
I know what you mean. I think she could have done without the early videos but for everything to be on the right track and it happens is very sad indeed

I feel for her family. A sudden unexpected loss is the hardest

Mayday

VIP Member
I think the bigger picture has been somewhat lost with this. Suicide is what should be getting more attention. It's one of the biggest killers in the country, espically for adult males.
I agree, but I feel every time something like this happens, people pipe up about mental health all 'talk to someone, people care' for a week or so, then forget about it and the person who died. It happened with the Love Island suicides, Robin Williams, Keith Flint, Kate Spade. I think the only suicide where the media/fans still talk about it regularly is Chester Bennington, as his wife set up that foundation and is trying to raise awareness.

Suzeyq

Chatty Member
The lady who passed from a heart attack on Saturday wasn’t the reason the show was pulled according to the Daily Mirror it was another guests death (I did put a link on here and then read peoples comments on not naming her so deleted)

Web30

VIP Member
The person that passed away is from the area I live. She’s uote out there on social media and has been on the show before. I was never a fan of this person but it’s a really sad outcome after years of struggles.

Apparently they were due to be aired this morning but out of respect haven’t shown it..... puzzling as to why it would be pulled like it has been, must be more to it

If it’s confirmed as the person I mentioned in my comment it wasn’t suicide.

They were rushed to hospital the other week with chest pains
It could just be out of respect for the family and the lady who died? Or has it been cancelled completey?

Loopy81

Chatty Member
The lady who passed from a heart attack on Saturday wasn’t the reason the show was pulled according to the Daily Mirror it was another guests death (I did put a link on here and then read peoples comments on not naming her so deleted)
Oh really? Be interesting to see what’s said

Noodles86

It’s terrible that it’s taken a real life tragedy to get this horrendous show off the air .

The modern day equivalent of the stocks ; vulnerable and ill educated people being laughed at and mocked.
Could not agree more!

Mayday

VIP Member
I thought this was funny:

I wonder if ITV will scrap his other shows too? Emergency room and The Kyle Files?

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Just googled Sophie and Mike. From what I understand their deaths aren't directly linked to Love Island. Sophie had health worries and debt and Mike was in debt too. Maybe this is the deciding factor why Love Island is still going ahead. The JK case is directly linked to the show, it is the cause of the poor guy taking his own life. Regardless, any suicide is sad and they all have to be in a deep dark place to carry it out, very sad.
That is the difference, the JK suicide was a week after filming, the Love Island suicides were a couple of years + after they were on the show, and they just happened to be Love Island contestants, I don’t know about Sophie, but mike had done other reality TV post Love Island, so why is it not Celebs Go Dating or whatever shows he’s been on that as to blame for his suicide.

Love Island definitely has its problems no doubt about that. But the situations are not the same.