Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Complete guess but it could be a criminal investigation. It could be murder by an abusive partner as a result of lie detectors / DNA, who knows. But I suspect this is not a suicide / natural death because if it this seems like a massive over reaction

Reactions: 3

Loopy81

Chatty Member
The person that passed away is from the area I live. She’s uote out there on social media and has been on the show before. I was never a fan of this person but it’s a really sad outcome after years of struggles.

Apparently they were due to be aired this morning but out of respect haven’t shown it..... puzzling as to why it would be pulled like it has been, must be more to it

I'm thinking must be suicide, but it's happened before on ITV shows, one of the contestants from Take me out took his own life and they still aired the episode. I understand pulling the episode but cancelling the show indefinitely seems a bit extreme, there has to be more to it?!
If it’s confirmed as the person I mentioned in my comment it wasn’t suicide.

They were rushed to hospital the other week with chest pains

RachyWoo

VIP Member
Just googled Sophie and Mike. From what I understand their deaths aren't directly linked to Love Island. Sophie had health worries and debt and Mike was in debt too. Maybe this is the deciding factor why Love Island is still going ahead. The JK case is directly linked to the show, it is the cause of the poor guy taking his own life. Regardless, any suicide is sad and they all have to be in a deep dark place to carry it out, very sad.

Yel

Chatty Member
I think the bigger picture has been somewhat lost with this. Suicide is what should be getting more attention. It's one of the biggest killers in the country, espically for adult males.

With just the amount of people in bad places they have on the show I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. I didn't even know the show was still going - you'd need to have a lobotomy for ITV's daytime schedule.

Ot but I'm so sick of infuencers using the guy from love islands death as a sheild to say they shouldn't face criticism. So many still do even though they've never met the guy and have no idea why he ended his life. Most reports say it was down to debt and loss of his grandmother.

Mayday

VIP Member
I believe that love island now needs to be taken off air too. I was never a fan of JK nor am I a fan of Love Island but in my opinion it's double standards to get rid of one and not the other when both shows have had people commit suicide!
I don't get why Love Island hasn't been taken off yet, especially since even celebs (I think Mario Falcone posted something about it) saying it should be/there's no aftercare for shows like that.

Mine too! I've never liked love Island anyway, from what I understand it's all young, slim, fit people hooking up. Surely it must give the teens who watch it body issues?
Definitely. They even showed plastic surgery ads during the breaks (I didn't watch it put people were posting that they did on social media) and were only stopped once there was backlash. Its also pretty telling that they only attempt to have one 'smart' person per season, like the doctor and the explosives woman. The rest all seem to have jobs like model, influencer etc. :rolleyes: Not saying that they can't be valid jobs but its like 'ooh we better put a smart person in for the diversity'.

The person that passed away is from the area I live. She’s uote out there on social media and has been on the show before. I was never a fan of this person but it’s a really sad outcome after years of struggles.

Apparently they were due to be aired this morning but out of respect haven’t shown it..... puzzling as to why it would be pulled like it has been, must be more to it

If it’s confirmed as the person I mentioned in my comment it wasn’t suicide.

They were rushed to hospital the other week with chest pains
Is it definitely her that was the guest who died after filming? I know who you are talking about and that she had been on it before but are these two things definitely related?

As others have said, something definitely not right with this story if they have pulled it indefinitely. I can understand not airing this episode but conducting an investigation and not showing any more episodes until further notice? That is odd.

Reactions: 2
Maybe I'm cynical but there's rumours that some new ITV exec didn't like Jeremy Kyle and used this as an excuse to cancel it. This sorta fits as to why love island will continue.
JK encourages the undeserving poor narrative, should have been cancelled years ago

Scarlett30

I'm thinking must be suicide, but it's happened before on ITV shows, one of the contestants from Take me out took his own life and they still aired the episode. I understand pulling the episode but cancelling the show indefinitely seems a bit extreme, there has to be more to it?!
I agree I think there is more to it

Chateau Marmont

Someone mentioned Jeremy Kyle earlier and I thought to myself I haven't heard anything about him for a while. Anyone any idea what he is up to now.
I think his career is over. At least, I sincerely hope it is.

How can a presenter of a show like that bounce back after something so horrible? I'm just amazed it didn't happen earlier, and that such a horrifying programme was ever commisioned to begin with.

It's said he's wanted to give evidence at an inquest and that it's believed he is in part responsible for the guest's death. I recall after the show was first axed ITV said they'd be keeping JK with them for other projects but I don't see how they possibly can with an outlook so grim for his reputation.

NotSherlockHuns

Well that's it been officially axed. Really don't agree with that, even though I'm not a viewer it's just a scapegoat so they don't have to axe Love Island which should equally be under the spotlight.
Yeah saw an interesting post today that 2 contestants have committed suicide from love Island yet its still going on! Maybe with JK it was the last straw in the pile of complaints

tillyflop

There was a screenshot I saw on facebook yesterday from his daughter saying that she was livid about what the press are saying about her dad's death and that Jeremy Kyle Show was not to blame in the slightest, she went on to say it was accidental overdose and that even so, regardless of cause of death, the JK show was the reason she was reunited with her dad and that they'd done so much for her dad and how grateful she was of the aftercare etc, she was calling the Daily Mirror scumbags. I had a nosy on the victim's facebook and he did seem very emotional prior to the show, years ago he posted something about depression which says he's not just succumbed to mental health issues all of a sudden imo.

And now there's this article floating around.. not looking good on his behalf.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/15/jere...e-speaks-shock-death-claims-relieved-9561004/

• Wow
Man who ‘killed himself’ week after being 'humiliated' on Jeremy Kyle

#

I hope this means this show is never aired again. This is despicable. That poor poor man

Reactions: 1
From what I’ve read yeah. Apparently she was on with her kids again.... something really strange.

If it 100% is her I wonder if they are blaming the way he starts with guests that’s brought it on
That is desperately sad. I have followed that lady's story for a couple of years since she first made the headlines (not going to add any details about why she did as dont want her identifiable) and loved that things were looking really positive for her with an engagement etc. A tragic end. And if there is a link to the show then there are definitely answers to be had.

OhAbsolutely

Chatty Member
Maybe something to do with a drug addict and their rehabilitation services failed them? Who knows. If it was unrelated there would be no need to cancel the show completely, like many have said just pull that particular episode

emmer_moans

VIP Member
So sad about the man. Not sorry the show is ending though - absolutely rotten excuse for TV content. The odd occasion when I saw some gave me second hand stress.

Yel

Chatty Member
From popbitch

>> Fevered pitch <<​
Kill 'em with Kyle-ness​

It would be crass of us to be too gleeful at the news of Jeremy Kyle's show being axed (even though the prick once set his lawyers on us – including one singularly rabid one who's been a semi-regular thorn in our side ever since). But while it's gratifying to see Kyle getting properly turned over after all this time, it is worth remembering that he was not the only person responsible for the tenor of his TV show.

ITV always managed to feign shock whenever the show resulted in violence or unpleasantness – but one TV exec remembers ITV bods telling production companies at a commissioning meeting that they were looking for new shows to fill their "Chavs Fighting" morning slot.​
Complaints about the Jeremy Kyle Show started early. On the ITV log from series six: "Please ask Jeremy to stop shouting. He could get his point across in a quieter manner."​
>> Cruel to be Kyle <<​
Sneaking booze to kiddies​

Stories from runners and other production people about their time on Jeremy Kyle are starting to trickle out, but we told you back in May 2014 about some of their worst practices.

One member of staff who worked at the hotel where Kyle's guests would regularly be housed when the show filmed at Granada Studios told us that crew would constantly be dropping off packages for guests (mainly consisting of cigs and booze, because the guests were under instructions not to charge expensive extras like that to their rooms).

One of the more obvious packages they dropped off was two bottles of vodka, for one young girl who was due to appear on a show the next day about drinking.

Who was then criticised for being drunk while filming.​
Axing Jeremy Kyle might have some unintended consequences on high art. The composer Michael Nyman used to put the show on in the background while he was working.​
>> Who wants a hug? <<​
The court of public opinion
It's also worth remembering that we, the general public, are not entirely blameless in all of this.

Back when his show was at the height of its success, ITV execs thought it might be a good idea to double the fun with a spin-off show. The plan was to make a UK version of 'Dr Phil': the legendary American talk show which covers the same sort of issues, but with comforting psychobabble and lots of therapy in place of all the fighting and screaming.

And how did viewers take to this sort of warm and fuzzy approach?

So badly that it quickly went off air.​