Jens Journey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she keeps rowing like that she will do serious damage to her upper body. Was there no one to supervise?

Reactions: 7
If she keeps rowing like that she will do serious damage to her upper body. Was there no one to supervise?
I rewatched it several times in disbelief?? My coach would never let me near a rower again if i was at that craic- never mind posting it all over social media

Reactions: 8
It's beyond reckless. They look like a bunch of twats at that gym....lads working out with no tops on etc. Very Tallaghtfornia vibes.

Reactions: 17
It's beyond reckless. They look like a bunch of twats at that gym....lads working out with no tops on etc. Very Tallaghtfornia vibes.
Sure at FBG hasn’t lost any weight in probably 2 years going if they were any use they’d pull her aside and advise her but I hen again maybe they have and she’s as usual not listening she’s such bad advertisement for them

Reactions: 12
I rewatched it several times in disbelief?? My coach would never let me near a rower again if i was at that craic- never mind posting it all over social media
and she defending it because it was a training day and technique went out the window.
So there you have it, all about meters and not doing it right, no reputable gym would allow that. distance is pointless if you're technique is shite. That gym are all about going beast mode, technique be dammed.

• Heart
Ive seen enough of that gym to know I would never ever go there.
Pushing yourself is great but your technique should always come first, even if it means slower movement or reps.

Reactions: 11
Surely you’d get better results with the proper technique… like is that not the point of good technique? To optimise the results 😅

Reactions: 6
Yep, absolutely. Good trainers will say its better to have fewer reps but with control and proper technique.
I know its a bore but seeing her on that rower was honestly ridiculous and not funny at all.

Surely you’d get better results with the proper technique… like is that not the point of good technique? To optimise the results 😅
To optimise results but also to, you know, not cause injuries ;)

Being laid up with a muscle strain (or worse, much worse) is not really going to bring results.

The whole 'oh its training day, so who cares about form' is such BS. Does your spine know that it's training day, and therefore just miraculously become immune from injury?

I've trained at a number of gyms over the years and I've never seen carry on like it. I've seen fun days and PB attempts, but if anyone was going big it would be carefully monitored with the safety for the person to back out if they weren't feeling it for whatever reason. Theres no room for the atmosphere of peer pressure, effectively encouraging people to do dumb tit, and for what, a pat on the back the thrill of being in Beast Mode? Spare me.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Reactions: 16
I've trained at a number of gyms over the years and I've never seen carry on like it. I've seen fun days and PB attempts, but if anyone was going big it would be carefully monitored with the safety for the person to back out if they weren't feeling it for whatever reason. Theres no room for the atmosphere of peer pressure, effectively encouraging people to do dumb tit, and for what, a pat on the back the thrill of being in Beast Mode?
This!! We have (non-obligatory) PB sessions every few months but form takes precedent over everything else- my coach doesn't have time for ego lifters.

Reactions: 5
Jesus, the amount of back slapping and cheer leading they're carrying on with! You'd think they were taking part in the bleedin Olympics! And the amount of them all packed into a pretty small space.

• Haha
Jesus, the amount of back slapping and cheer leading they're carrying on with! You'd think they were taking part in the bleedin Olympics! And the amount of them all packed into a pretty small space.
Grace had Sienna there, not a great environment for kids to be honest

Reactions: 3
Bet if either of them are injured they won’t come on complaining

Reactions: 3
She’s a catfish
Is everyone not really in there own way, I mean we all know how to pose to our best. I’d say every one hates themselves in others photos.
---
Is everyone not really in there own way, I mean we all know how to pose to our best. I’d say every one hates themselves in others photos.
Like do you ever see Karla in her own stuff versus others. Biggest of them all

---

Like do you ever see Karla in her own stuff versus others. Biggest of them all
No not to that extent. I look like myself in photos, my body doesn’t look slimmed down. She looks drastically different in her own photos. I can’t agree enough with the comments about her on the rowing machine, that gym seems to be her personality and it is beyond cringe.

Yep, absolutely. Good trainers will say its better to have fewer reps but with control and proper technique.
I know its a bore but seeing her on that rower was honestly ridiculous and not funny at all.
Im starting back at the gym after years of not going to one. As I have no experience, I have to do one on one training on all the machines before I can use them myself. I wil be taught how to use them etc.

She looked ridiculous

Im starting back at the gym after years of not going to one. As I have no experience, I have to do one on one training on all the machines before I can use them myself. I wil be taught how to use them etc.

She looked ridiculous
Most (decent) gyms insist on induction sessions for h&s reasons. Fair play to you for taking this on, at least you won't end up with back/neck issues like a lot of these eejits- good luck!

Reactions: 5