Jenny Apple #4 Tears & Ears!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I got a momentary rush of fear when I saw those children leaning against the window glass.

I agree that CoH must have been aware of the state of her left lung. We just weren't told. Over time we have been getting less and less precise medical details from the pair of them.

I suppose most of us hope that we'll "turn into angels" or go on to another plane of existence - makes all the misery in this life more bearable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Why would Ellis and Winnie need a daycare provider? The advantage of being a teacher is that you have the same vacation days as your children. Most schools have after school care and then he can pick them up when he's done for the day. They'll all be off during the summer and during school breaks.

Public records: his salary last school year was $102,000 plus benefits worth $39,000. I highly doubt he could make that much money plus have to pay for health insurance etc without being a teacher. I would imagine he could return to work after Christmas.
He's made ten thousand dollars with the last two vile lives.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I would not be running to COH for cancer treatment based in much of what has been shared. I think the trial was really too much.
Maybe I am misunderstanding trial treatments but the patient and family have to agree, right? If the hospital refused her a trial, it would be vilified for ignoring patient wishes. Kind of think there’s no winner here. I am appalled at the filming at this stage and can’t bring myself to watch, but it’s Jenny and Kyle’s choice I guess. I just don’t understand the thought process behind this. Maybe they made a pact early on that they would commit on filming the whole “journey “ from start to finish regardless of the outcome (NED, remission, or death).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I might be wrong but I think it's best for them that she not die at home.
Home high-flow concentrators go up to 10L of oxygen per minute. Hospitals generally go up to 15L at ward level. Obviously much higher oxygen is available in intensive care units, but not sure ICU would be appropriate for Jenny.
I agree, that when breathing is deteriorating, the hospital is the best place for Jenny and her family.
Hopefully, blood thinners have been started to help with Jennys pulmonary embolisms.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm surprised Jenny was so lucid in those lives. Compared to various recent vlogs, I'm wondering if Kyle has been giving her too much pain medication or whatever accidentally. We know that he did it this time because it was pointed out by the staff.

Reactions: 13
Home high-flow concentrators go up to 10L of oxygen per minute. Hospitals generally go up to 15L at ward level. Obviously much higher oxygen is available in intensive care units, but not sure ICU would be appropriate for Jenny.
I agree, that when breathing is deteriorating, the hospital is the best place for Jenny and her family.
Hopefully, blood thinners have been started to help with Jennys pulmonary embolisms.
It looks like she's having oxygen that's mixed with heated vapour, and super high flow. In the UK at least you get this in high dependency units. My mum was on it and was in the same position - couldn't come off it to come home, wasn't a candidate for ventilation, so she died in HDU. They tapered her off that on to normal oxygen across the day she died and became less and less aware thankfully due to all the drugs she was on. It's horrible to watch, it took so long for her to die. I feel for Kyle and his family having to go through it. I actually asked the doctor if they could 'speed it up' at one point after we had been sitting round her bed, watching her gasp for each breath for 10 hours. Awful, awful time

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
It looks like she's having oxygen that's mixed with heated vapour, and super high flow. In the UK at least you get this in high dependency units. My mum was on it and was in the same position - couldn't come off it to come home, wasn't a candidate for ventilation, so she died in HDU. They tapered her off that on to normal oxygen across the day she died and became less and less aware thankfully due to all the drugs she was on. It's horrible to watch, it took so long for her to die. I feel for Kyle and his family having to go through it. I actually asked the doctor if they could 'speed it up' at one point after we had been sitting round her bed, watching her gasp for each breath for 10 hours. Awful, awful time
Why did they taper her off it like that? That's horrible if she was gasping for breath for such a long time. Why couldn't they speed things up as you asked?

Reactions: 4
I'm surprised Jenny was so lucid in those lives. Compared to various recent vlogs, I'm wondering if Kyle has been giving her too much pain medication or whatever accidentally. We know that he did it this time because it was pointed out by the staff.
How did Kyle obtain 400 mcg patches of a prescription-controlled medication if only 300 mcg patches had been prescribed? Maybe there was a difference in prescriptions among the various doctors treating Jenny.

Reactions: 14
Why did they taper her off it like that? That's horrible if she was gasping for breath for such a long time. Why couldn't they speed things up as you asked?
Different Dr's and establishments can result in different protocols.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Well, F that, gasping for air and no oxygen given? Doesn't sound right.

Reactions: 6
She was unaware of what was going on at that point and didn't suffer, she was essentially in a coma. It's just the family watching it who suffer unfortunately. She didn't have have cancer, she had severe COPD (was on oxygen at home), a pneumothorax and contracting RSV was the straw that broke the camels back. So it might take longer for someone like her to pass over. There's not much the doctors can do apart from keep them comfortable and let nature take its course unfortunately. She was on a lot of drugs with a couple of syringe drivers. If she seemed to stir or be in pain we would tell them and they would give her an extra injection x
---
Well, F that, gasping for air and no oxygen given? Doesn't sound right.
She was in a coma and totally unaware of what was going on thankfully, this was just her body gasping. Still horrible to watch
---
Different Dr's and establishments can result in different protocols.
Yup exactly, in the NHS they have very strict protocols

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm very sorry that you and your family had to witness this. I have been through it myself and its actually very traumatic (I am still affected by what I witnessed now).
Being told a family member isn't a candidate for ventilation is heartbreaking. Logically my head understands that and the reasons behind it, but its very heavy on the heart.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
So open a day care in lieu of returning to his job as Special Ed. Teacher. That might be convenient but I wonder if that is really the best thing for him long term?
The real plan is to film everything and keep the YouTube money coming in with the adventures of a hero single dad, but he's delusional... no one will watch him, look at Josh, he's doing whatever it takes to stay relevant on YouTube without Sarah (he even kicked her out of the channel so that people focus on him) and it's not working, fewer and fewer views month after month no matter how hard he tries, after trying the good deed thing now he's selling out his baby girl to the creeps with BS cooking videos.

I get it though. No one would want to go back to work after tasting the sweet easy money! Blobby will at least try, if and when he's forced to go back to work I guess he will.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I'm very sorry that you and your family had to witness this. I have been through it myself and its actually very traumatic (I am still affected by what I witnessed now).
Being told a family member isn't a candidate for ventilation is heartbreaking. Logically my head understands that and the reasons behind it, but its very heavy on the heart.
i have never seen a known terminal cancer patient ventilated. My clinical practice was in critical care and trauma. All patients were in the ICU bc they needed ventilation and other advanced support. They were taken off of it if they were deemed brain dead with no chance of survival without mechanical assistance. There is a very designed process for medical assessment of this. The family is consulted yet some insist on continuing in hopes of a miracle. One such case went to the Canadian Supreme Court and the family actually won. Once a patient goes on a ventilator the medical team cannot remove it unless the family agrees. It has changed the way this intervention is implemented in the first place. There are very specific guidelines for it. Being a known terminal patient is one of them. I don't think Jenny’s family would keep her on it for long if they actually knew what was involved. The patient is put into a medically induced coma so that they don’t fight against the machine or grab at the breathing tube or other lines. They can hear you though, its like your foggy mind is floating around in a body that is totally paralyzed. I’ve had it described to me many times by recovered patients. Some actually came back after recovery to thank us for their care and they recounted hearing our conversations to them during their stay. They remembered our voices and could identify us later. That was the good thing about it bc they recovered and their loved ones were encouraged to speak to them or to provide headphones for them to listen to their fav music to allow them to rest their minds. I really hope that Jenny doesn’t have to endure this bc she has no hope of recovery. Comfort and hospice care is the moral, ethical and humane treatment at this point. Sorry for the clinical detail but it is often not known by families in advance. Outwardly they see a patent seemingly resting peacefully but inside their mind and body they are anything but at peace

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
How did Kyle obtain 400 mcg patches of a prescription-controlled medication if only 300 mcg patches had been prescribed? Maybe there was a difference in prescriptions among the various doctors treating Jenny.
I wondered this as well. It doesn't make sense.

Reactions: 7
The patient is put into a medically induced coma so that they don’t fight against the machine or grab at the breathing tube or other lines. They can hear you though, its like your foggy mind is floating around in a body that is totally paralyzed. I’ve had it described to me many times by recovered patients. Some actually came back after recovery to thank us for their care and they recounted hearing our conversations to them during their stay. They remembered our voices and could identify us later. That was the good thing about it bc they recovered and their loved ones were encouraged to speak to them or to provide headphones for them to listen to their fav music to allow them to rest their minds. I really hope that Jenny doesn’t have to endure this bc she has no hope of recovery. Comfort and hospice care is the moral, ethical and humane treatment at this point.
Absolutely agree. I didn't watch any of the live videos, but I'm shocked this would even be a consideration for Jenny? I remember reading in depth about ventilators during COVID and it scared the heck out of me. The idea of your body being frozen, but hearing things around you, is terrifying to me. I certainly cannot see a ventilator being used in Jenny's case. Horrible thought.

Reactions: 11
i have never seen a known terminal cancer patient ventilated. My clinical practice was in critical care and trauma. All patients were in the ICU bc they needed ventilation and other advanced support. They were taken off of it if they were deemed brain dead with no chance of survival without mechanical assistance. There is a very designed process for medical assessment of this. The family is consulted yet some insist on continuing in hopes of a miracle. One such case went to the Canadian Supreme Court and the family actually won. Once a patient goes on a ventilator the medical team cannot remove it unless the family agrees. It has changed the way this intervention is implemented in the first place. There are very specific guidelines for it. Being a known terminal patient is one of them. I don't think Jenny’s family would keep her on it for long if they actually knew what was involved. The patient is put into a medically induced coma so that they don’t fight against the machine or grab at the breathing tube or other lines. They can hear you though, its like your foggy mind is floating around in a body that is totally paralyzed. I’ve had it described to me many times by recovered patients. Some actually came back after recovery to thank us for their care and they recounted hearing our conversations to them during their stay. They remembered our voices and could identify us later. That was the good thing about it bc they recovered and their loved ones were encouraged to speak to them or to provide headphones for them to listen to their fav music to allow them to rest their minds. I really hope that Jenny doesn’t have to endure this bc she has no hope of recovery. Comfort and hospice care is the moral, ethical and humane treatment at this point. Sorry for the clinical detail but it is often not known by families in advance. Outwardly they see a patent seemingly resting peacefully but inside their mind and body they are anything but at peace
Thank you for that information - I didn't know those details. So when you write "comfort and hospice care", what does that actually mean in detail? Is it increasing doses of morphine or something until you actually die?? Sorry to be so thick but I really would like it explained. And presumably people given this are not aware of anything unlike the ventilated patients.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.