Jenny Apple #4 Tears & Ears!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to @Jules of Earthly Delights for the thread name with the most likes.

Link to previous thread

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've been wondering for a while if cachexia is also related to the cancer using your food intake to grow (and the fat stores on your body already.) Obesity is a big risk factor for cancer because the cells can get so much fuel from your body (I think).

Oh I'm probably not understanding it very well, but I'm linking a Memorial Sloan Kettering paper about it. It's one of the best cancer hospitals in the US (it's in New York City). Hope I'm not spamming up the thread, but years ago I read about a study that showed that people who take Vitamin A supplements showed increased growth of their tumors, and that got me thinking about cancer sort of consuming people at the end -- I guess an invading parasite is a better image - using your body as its home, so of course it would need sustenance - where else would it get it?

Reactions: 7
I've been wondering for a while if cachexia is also related to the cancer using your food intake to grow (and the fat stores on your body already.) Obesity is a big risk factor for cancer because the cells can get so much fuel from your body (I think).

Oh I'm probably not understanding it very well, but I'm linking a Memorial Sloan Kettering paper about it. It's one of the best cancer hospitals in the US (it's in New York City). Hope I'm not spamming up the thread, but years ago I read about a study that showed that people who take Vitamin A supplements showed increased growth of their tumors, and that got me thinking about cancer sort of consuming people at the end -- I guess an invading parasite is a better image - using your body as its home, so of course it would need sustenance - where else would it get it?

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing this. When my beloved Dad had glioblastoma brain cancer, he started craving ice cream and sweets. He was also on steroids which increased his appetite tremendously. The oncologist said to let him eat anything he wants. He said food is of little consequence. He said, “Now is not the time to start a broccoli diet”, and he laughed. The physical therapist had said the same thing. I’m in the US. It seems like Western medicine avoids conversation and discussion about nutrition in terms of cancer. I think it should be studied and encouraged far more than it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Obesity is a big risk factor for cancer because the cells can get so much fuel from your body (I think).
I never knew that was the reason why obesity is a risk factor for cancer. You learn new things every day!

Reactions: 5
Thank you to @Jules of Earthly Delights for the thread name with the most likes.

Link to previous thread
Thankyou for starting this new thread 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Those poor kids. What on earth were Jenny and Kyle thinking when they told them she was dying? Ellis is at the age where a fixation with death could lead to anxiety and depression. His mind must be filled with thoughts of death. It's on Winnie's mind too - she's the same age as my twin daughters and it makes me so angry that she is having to try to grapple with such a complex subject.

Kyle has checked out of reality as far as I can see ( it could also be argued that he never lived in the real world however ). He is mesmerised by the big bucks and seems buoyed up, as high as a kite. I have a feeling that the money will keep rolling in for him after Jenny's passing. Every waking moment will be spent at bloody Disneyland 🙄
---
I know this is irrelevant but this thumbnail is ridiculous.
It's absolutely horrendous.

Reactions: 9
Those poor kids. What on earth were Jenny and Kyle thinking when they told them she was dying? Ellis is at the age where a fixation with death could lead to anxiety and depression. His mind must be filled with thoughts of death. It's on Winnie's mind too - she's the same age as my twin daughters and it makes me so angry that she is having to try to grapple with such a complex subject.

Kyle has checked out of reality as far as I can see ( it could also be argued that he never lived in the real world however ). He is mesmerised by the big bucks and seems buoyed up, as high as a kite. I have a feeling that the money will keep rolling in for him after Jenny's passing. Every waking moment will be spent at bloody Disneyland 🙄
---

It's absolutely horrendous.
If she died tomorrow the kids would still have to deal with it.. it’s awful but even at their young age they must see the deterioration in their mother, maybe giving them notice helps them prepare. You’re right though either way it’s absolutely horrendous and really puts life into perspective.
---
If she died tomorrow the kids would still have to deal with it.. it’s awful but even at their young age they must see the deterioration in their mother, maybe giving them notice helps them prepare. You’re right though either way it’s absolutely horrendous and really puts life into perspective.
Oh you meant the thumbnail.. it’s obvious to get maximum impact.. I don’t understand these cancer vloggers at some point money shouldn’t matter, put the phone down and just take time to be with your nearest & dearest.

Reactions: 9
That thumbnail looks like Pepper from American Horror Story.
---
Here is my personal clinical trial experience from this morning.

I got a all Friday from my clinical trial nurse, maybe I should call her a member of my team, that she needed me to come in and sign some papers about the trial.

I went to the cancer center at 10a and she gave me some papers to sign. Evidently the trial was producing lots of false positives and many poor souls had unnecessary chemotherapy. My oncologist is livid.

I was in the control group so not actually affected. The trial was extensive blood work and CT scans every 3 mos looking for any fragments of cancer lurking around.

I was sad when I was put in the control group but now very thankful because the trial is rubbish. Now they are giving everyone the option of quitting the trial.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Yeah there is something off about how he is acting now. 🤨

Reactions: 12
I know this is irrelevant but this thumbnail is ridiculous.
It's actually not irrelevant at all. TL is about discussing ridiculous clickbait.
---
That thumbnail looks like Pepper from American Horror Story.
---
Here is my personal clinical trial experience from this morning.

I got a all Friday from my clinical trial nurse, maybe I should call her a member of my team, that she needed me to come in and sign some papers about the trial.

I went to the cancer center at 10a and she gave me some papers to sign. Evidently the trial was producing lots of false positives and many poor souls had unnecessary chemotherapy. My oncologist is livid.

I was in the control group so not actually affected. The trial was extensive blood work and CT scans every 3 mos looking for any fragments of cancer lurking around.

I was sad when I was put in the control group but now very thankful because the trial is rubbish. Now they are giving everyone the option of quitting the trial.
That's rough to read, lm so sorry to hear this. Puts the whole clinical trial thing into perspective. Take care of you. X

• Heart
It's actually not irrelevant at all. TL is about discussing ridiculous clickbait.
---

That's rough to read, lm so sorry to hear this. Puts the whole clinical trial thing into perspective. Take care of you. X
I was one of the lucky ones. I feel terrible for the patients that endured chemo for no reason. This was a National Cancer Institute trial for God's sake.

• Sad
  • Angry
I think it is one thing for the kids to know she is dying and another to keep fixating on it. I've stated before that I think kids should know so they aren't blindsided, and knowing that my mom was ill helped me process her death. But after answering any questions they owe it to their kids to keep things as normal as possible and not have their lives revolve around mom's illness.

• Heart
I think it is one thing for the kids to know she is dying and another to keep fixating on it. I've stated before that I think kids should know so they aren't blindsided, and knowing that my mom was ill helped me process her death. But after answering any questions they owe it to their kids to keep things as normal as possible and not have their lives revolve around mom's illness.
It's like a sick thought process she has going on where she wants to be reminded all the time how much they are going to miss her and how much they don't want her to die.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.