Jenny Apple #3 Dying for $$$?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was definitely fake chicken, Kyle even mentioned it being one of the kids favourites.

Reactions: 6
I don’t know what to make of all this. I can’t imagine poor Jenny going through more chemotherapy given her weak and frail condition. And if the team still had hopes of curing Jenny, then I don’t understand why they told her to tell Winnie and Ellis that she is dying. I’m no expert so I can’t say that it was wrong, but I feel some kind of way about that. I personally don’t think they should have told them when they did. I think it seemed pretty harsh to tell them she’s dying in a few months, but I don’t know psychology. It seems like the team first communicated that there was no hope and Jenny would only live for another 6-9 months, give or take. But now all of the sudden they are saying they want to prove that to be wrong. Which would be wonderful! But it doesn’t seem very realistic. I wonder what changed that they still want to aggressively fight the cancer. I truly wish them all the best. ❤
I don’t believe for a minute that her team told them to tell her children she’s dying or anything else. Maybe they mean one of their therapists or a social worker, who may have gone along with it when J&K said it was their plan. You can find a therapist to agree with anything you want. I’d have to hear that conversation for myself to believe a doctor of any sort, or a nurse even, would tell them to do that.

As far as her team saying they want her to beat the 6-9 months, I don’t believe for a minute that they said that either. I think Kyle said that and they probably didn’t want to say “there’s no f***ing way!” So they just said “Ok, we’ll do this treatment.” I know I sound hard on Kyle but it’s no secret that he’s living in fantasyland, is it?

Reactions: 12
I don’t believe for a minute that her team told them to tell her children she’s dying or anything else. Maybe they mean one of their therapists or a social worker, who may have gone along with it when J&K said it was their plan. You can find a therapist to agree with anything you want. I’d have to hear that conversation for myself to believe a doctor of any sort, or a nurse even, would tell them to do that.

As far as her team saying they want her to beat the 6-9 months, I don’t believe for a minute that they said that either. I think Kyle said that and they probably didn’t want to say “there’s no f***ing way!” So they just said “Ok, we’ll do this treatment.” I know I sound hard on Kyle but it’s no secret that he’s living in fantasyland, is it?
Yes !!! I do not believe the doctors said they want to beat the 6-9 months. There is no evidence Jenny’s condition has improved. In her weakened state how could she tolerate Chemo. I am missing something!!!

Reactions: 9
Who is this Dani Cali that posts about Jenny and I seem to get her latest when I look to see if Jenny has posted anything. Some of the things she says are really strange.
---
Yes !!! I do not believe the doctors said they want to beat the 6-9 months. There is no evidence Jenny’s condition has improved. In her weakened state how could she tolerate Chemo. I am missing something!!!
That would be so unprofessional to convey those thoughts at to why they would continue serious therapy for cancer. They say many things about this "team" including how they follow her videos etc. I take everything they say with a serious "grain of salt".

Reactions: 8
I think Jenny and Kyle's newfound optimism (wishful thinking) is based on the fact that the cancer in her lungs hasn't done anything too crazy lately despite the lack of treatment, and the fact that the pleural effusion has reduced. Plus, the brain radiation probably helped slow down the disease in her brain. With all the drugs she's taking, she's in less pain compared to before... that's all they're really clinging to, little straws of hope. Things haven't improved, but they haven't taken a drastic turn for the worse, so they're being hopeful.

News to me but it's normal to give palliative chemo to patients right up to hospice time. Seems sad and useless to me but evidently not to oncologists. I know hospice is usually only 6 mos to live but many don't go into it until the last month or so and Jenny or rather Kyle will push it off as long as possible.

I only read skimmed the transcript but the scans didn't sound too bad to me. I think the fact that the cancer hasn't spread to any other places would be positive at least to Kyle.

• Sad
I think Jenny and Kyle's newfound optimism (wishful thinking) is based on the fact that the cancer in her lungs hasn't done anything too crazy lately despite the lack of treatment, and the fact that the pleural effusion has reduced. Plus, the brain radiation probably helped slow down the disease in her brain. With all the drugs she's taking, she's in less pain compared to before... that's all they're really clinging to, little straws of hope. Things haven't improved, but they haven't taken a drastic turn for the worse, so they're being hopeful.
They can clutch at a whole packet of straws, Jennys still going to die at some point in the near future.

Reactions: 10
They can clutch at a whole packet of straws, Jennys still going to die at some point in the near future.
Unless she gets miraculously better with the chemo I don't think anyone is doing her any favors prolonging her non existent quality of life.

I’m not sure why any team would be putting Jenny through more chemo when it’s quite obvious she is on the decline and quality time is precious.
If how she videos is the truth on how she really is, then it’s time to down the tools and make some memories! If chemo really does make her so sick, her oral intake and ability to maintain adequate hydration and oral intake is about to take a turn. With all of the information we have, something isn’t adding up.
I don’t think she will finish the chemo, that’s if she even starts it.

New video with a change from chemo to a clinical trial that her team has been working hard to get her qualified for. She sounds much better than previous videos. It's a pill so hopefully the side effects won't be too bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
1. Kyle forgets to pick up Jen's pain meds at the COH pharmacy, she had to remind him. 2. It was more important to take the kiddos out shopping than it was to schedule her IV fluid visit with the home health nurse. 3.The protein shake makes a miraculous comeback after being mentioned here ... altho she did not show the aforementioned shake she was "working on". 4. Neither of them seem to understand the concept of Quality of Life. The experimental drug has zero chance of improving her QOL. 5. Winnie discussed her mother's impending death while at Toon Town. What a burden for those kids. I don't understand why they were told she's dying. Knowing she's ill is enough for them to process.

• Heart
I think she was heavily medicated in the previous video in order to cope with getting scans and having to lie flat and then having to hear the results (possibly hearing you have weeks to live vs. the previous 6-9 months).

Reactions: 7
She’s a skeleton now. OMG, I was shocked when the video showed her in Barnes and Noble.

All I could think when they were talking about the clinical trial and how they opened up a slot just for her, was how unfair it is that so many other people aren’t having a special slot opened up for them. I guess Jenny’s special, but they still aren’t prioritizing things that would help her actually improve, like hydration and proper nutrition. She’s not eating anything. She and Kyle don’t believe it’s important apparently. Maybe Kyle is eating Jenny’s portions after she nods off.

• Haha
It sounds like her team at COH is desperate to keep her alive for good publicity since she's now a cancer celebrity.

Reactions: 10
These two have managed to become unlikeable from somewhat likeable people in short order. Guess being vague and secretive must pay off for them. Kyle must be on an unpaid leave but doesn't address it with the viewers. He is making tons more money being a cancer vlogger then a regular teacher. Prioritizing more toys and gifts for the kids over her hydration and nutrition is telling. She needs to be on TPN or NG tube to keep up any strength or healing. Pretty sure her team is being pushed to come up with other last ditch options for her. Not something you typically see in Hospital when all reasonable options are depleted. They focus on comfort, safety and pain management. Not endless Hail Mary’s. Should Jenny decline during this trial, surely Kyle will blame and sue them. Their team is very familiar with this type of demanding and unrealistic client. I know from experience. The people they project are not what presents to the team. 100%. In the background they are making sure their documentation of this entire journey including conversations with them are bullet proof for any future medical legal issues that may arise. These type of charts are flagged with their risk management, medical legal and patient experience departments.

She’s a skeleton now. OMG, I was shocked when the video showed her in Barnes and Noble.

All I could think when they were talking about the clinical trial and how they opened up a slot just for her, was how unfair it is that so many other people aren’t having a special slot opened up for them. I guess Jenny’s special, but they still aren’t prioritizing things that would help her actually improve, like hydration and proper nutrition. She’s not eating anything. She and Kyle don’t believe it’s important apparently. Maybe Kyle is eating Jenny’s portions after she nods off.
You know what, l thought exactly the same as you, why is Jenny so special? Does $$$$ talk in the US and they bought their way into the clinical trial slot. Bugger the hydration, nutrition and clinical trial it's very obvious that this is the beginning of the end.
---
These two have managed to become unlikeable from somewhat likeable people in short order. Guess being vague and secretive must pay off for them. Kyle must be on an unpaid leave but doesn't address it with the viewers. He is making tons more money being a cancer vlogger then a regular teacher. Prioritizing more toys and gifts for the kids over her hydration and nutrition is telling. She needs to be on TPN or NG tube to keep up any strength or healing. Pretty sure her team is being pushed to come up with other last ditch options for her. Not something you typically see in Hospital when all reasonable options are depleted. They focus on comfort, safety and pain management. Not endless Hail Mary’s. Should Jenny decline during this trial, surely Kyle will blame and sue them. Their team is very familiar with this type of demanding and unrealistic client. I know from experience. The people they project are not what presents to the team.
I'm wondering if they bought $$$ their way into the clinical trial? Or else COH have gone f##k it she's dying anyway let's use her as a guinea pig for this trial drug 🤔
---
These two have managed to become unlikeable from somewhat likeable people in short order. Guess being vague and secretive must pay off for them. Kyle must be on an unpaid leave but doesn't address it with the viewers. He is making tons more money being a cancer vlogger then a regular teacher. Prioritizing more toys and gifts for the kids over her hydration and nutrition is telling. She needs to be on TPN or NG tube to keep up any strength or healing. Pretty sure her team is being pushed to come up with other last ditch options for her. Not something you typically see in Hospital when all reasonable options are depleted. They focus on comfort, safety and pain management. Not endless Hail Mary’s. Should Jenny decline during this trial, surely Kyle will blame and sue them. Their team is very familiar with this type of demanding and unrealistic client. I know from experience. The people they project are not what presents to the team.
Right!! They have become unlikable and vague with actual information with Jenny pulling the whole "confused" tit like TT does!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It sounds like her team at COH is desperate to keep her alive for good publicity since she's now a cancer celebrity.
^^ this ^^ I was just thinking the exact same thing.
---

This is a clinical trial that COH is in the process of opening. Their self-titled "special" patient seems to fit the eligibility criteria.

Last edited:
That's interesting, mayday mayday! They talked about it being a pill but they didn't mention the radiotherapy but that doesn't rule this out.

The drug they mention is also called Tagrisso and that's what Ivory was on, even in her last weeks, in hospice, for her EFGR Stage 4 lung cancer. Her Youtube channel is still up - "Ivory's Diary" - she died at age 40 on May 2. She was on double doses of this drug towards the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.