Jenny Apple #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really happy to hear your hubbie is fine!

I imagine radiation is really going to take its toll on Jenny and I don't expect that we will see her 'well' anymore. The admin owner of the group where I help out headed to London for Proton Beam Therapy, she is a tough lady but it really did knock her for six. She too had PB to avoid standard to the whole brain whole brain radiation. The radiation itself worked very well on disease, but Jennys got much more disease. My friend also suffered hearing loss after a few days which has never returned.
I really can't imagine Jenny qualifying for further trials or treatments for the lungs, but I do hope that she can perhaps turn a corner and try further treatment. The tablet form of chemo won't knock back that fluid in her lungs, but immunotherapy could! I know that she had a terrible adverse reaction to immunotherapy the first time round, but at this point? Well if I wanted a shot, I'd be begging and pleaing to try immunotherapy at a lower dose, or a different form of immunotherapy.
Kyle said he is having to help her now? Its really not a good sign.
The problem with Jenny is that both her and Kyle have tended to over report everything! Here is a perfect example of that. Both Kyle and Jenny recognised the nurse was pulling disappointed faces
With fluid, sleeping all the time, limited eating, losing weight/mobility and the toll of the current treatment my guess is they are looking at sooner rather than later, unfortunately or maybe fortunately for Jenny. Seems to me that peace and pain management is the way forward now.

Reactions: 14
They do have small kitchens in some extended stay hotels.
Ok. Thanks.
---
With fluid, sleeping all the time, limited eating, losing weight/mobility and the toll of the current treatment my guess is they are looking at sooner rather than later, unfortunately or maybe fortunately for Jenny. Seems to me that peace and pain management is the way forward now.
Unfortunately I think she's going to go downhill very quickly like Sarah.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Kyle said in his update today that the kids and her sister are in San Diego with them. He said the kids are confused because it isn't like a regular vacation.

So basically they hauled those kids down to SD to watch their mother be in pain and sleep all day.

It is supposed to extend her life from the LMD (brain) for 6 mos to 9 mos. LMD often kills in just a few weeks. It won't extend her life from the lung cancer/ pleural effusions.
yes kids are there watching this first hand...not in familiar surroundings but in hotel. She is sleeping most of the time. I thought this sounded like an okay idea if side effects were minimal...this fatigue sounds horrific and then there will be the loss of hair per earlier video. Again kids watching all of this. I question the idea as I heard his video today.....meantime the primary lung cancer is progressing and what is the real gain here?
Oh wow, I didn't watch the newest update, I didn't know they took them😥...I don't see how that is healthy for them...wow.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Without proton beam therapy Jenny doesn’t have long. A couple of months has been privately discussed. The hope is that she would tolerate and get benefit from proton beam therapy which will extend life out to 6 to 9 months. Jenny isn’t declining naturally like Sarah. Jenny isn’t affected by the brain mets/fluid yet. The scan showed the disease in the brain but Jenny wasn’t symptomatic. Fatigue, nausea and not feeling hungry are proton beam side effects. I’m sure she will recover.

Reactions: 8
Without proton beam therapy Jenny doesn’t have long. A couple of months has been privately discussed. The hope is that she would tolerate and get benefit from proton beam therapy which will extend life out to 6 to 9 months. Jenny isn’t declining naturally like Sarah. Jenny isn’t affected by the brain mets/fluid yet. The scan showed the disease in the brain but Jenny wasn’t symptomatic. Fatigue, nausea and not feeling hungry are proton beam side effects. I’m sure she will recover.
I still don't think the brain is an issue the effusions are more likely to kill her. Sarah didn't have that problem did she?

Reactions: 4
I still don't think the brain is an issue the effusions are more likely to kill her. Sarah didn't have that problem did she?
Poor Sarah had lumps and bumps everywhere but the LMD was her actual demise. I guess without the LMD she might have been in pain like she was for the past several years but she wouldn't have died so quickly.

Reactions: 5
I read that people with LMD can survive for 2 years or more with treatment ‘particularly when gene mutations are present’. So does this mean that Jenny could live longer?

Reactions: 5
Although Kyke said he cooked her spaghetti. Can you do that in US hotels?
sure they are probably at an extended stay hotel...all the major brands have them and some have full kitchens.
---
I read that people with LMD can survive for 2 years or more with treatment ‘particularly when gene mutations are present’. So does this mean that Jenny could live longer?
She has lung cancer very advanced...nothing changing there...they were clear that this may (key word may) buy her some extra time. I guess the question at hand is what is the quality of that time? We will see.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.