Jenny Apple #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kyle has updated. He thanked everyone for the prayers and donations. She's wiped out and can't film but he wanted to let people know that she is ok even though it's tough and she's in a lot of pain.

Im glad he didn’t show Jenny. Hopefully he’s not going to follow in Josh’s footsteps. And hallelujah he actually thanked people who’ve donated. Kudos to Kyle for doing a decent update. Too bad this treatment is causing Jenny to feel terrible. I was hoping it would have less side effects.

Unfortunately I still find it very difficult to watch Kyle. He’s terribly boring but apparently a lot of women find that attractive. 😂 I’d venture to say there won’t be many viewers still watching after Jenny has passed. The audience for these channels are primarily on deathwatch and will move on to some other human suffering. Probably a few lonely women will stick around to watch Kyle. 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Very odd that her cousin Tracie Bryant is commenting on the money donated and saying how its appreciated but can not let people know how Jenny is doing.
Romee had Hodgkin's Lymphoma, not lung cancer, and she is NED. Besides, her channel is still up and she posts regularly. A lovely girl.
She may not be NED, her last PET scan showed a spot of activity. Hopefully it wll be nothing.
---
Something that bugs me from the last video: the kids are packed up in the car, on the way to Ash and Brad's. Jenny tells them "I'll miss you". The kids look back at her and say nothing, although they are probably thinking hey we're tired and hungry. Jenny says it louder I'LL MISS YOU and this time the kids get the memo and each one quietly says I'll miss you. To me it seems Jenny is projecting her separation anxiety onto the kids. Dont make it worse than it is !! Just tell them you're going to see the doctor and you'll see them later and you hope they have a fantastic day. It reminded me of the time she was crouching down on the ground talking to them before her second amivantanab treatment when she thought she could die during treatment. Please ...don't surround the kids with unnecessary moroseness.
I couldn't agree more
---
30? :(

That’s correct unfortunately. Jenny needs SUCCESSFUL radiation to live 6 to 9 months. There is no treatment yet for the new lung mets. There is now bilateral pleural effusions (drain in one side) and still fluid around the heart.
Jenny will be very very lucky to reach 9 months
I agree. Even if the radiation works I don't think she'll last long because of the effusions. She's already exceeded her life expectation.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Yeah, it seems really unkind to be overly critical and to look for reasons to be cynical of someone who has been told that they have very limited time left on this Earth. Bad enough that she is so young but also now has to prepare her husband and very young children for the fact that she’s not going to be here for much longer.

This is probably most people’s greatest fear. I can’t imagine how people deal with it. Vlogging about it is probably part of coping and there’s nothing whatsoever wrong with this.

I’m quite confused to see people trying to jump on things that Jenny said in her videos and accusing her of lying. Try being on all the meds that she’s on? And treatment? She also has brain lesions - that’s bound to affect her overall functioning.
WELL SAID! 👏🏼

It was another girl, not Ivory. Younger, living in the US, and most of her videos were vertical.
Maybe Lea Wynn. Fighting Cancer. She’s popped up on my feed. Haven’t watched many of her blogs but she seems to have trouble with getting her pain under control.

Reactions: 2
Something that bugs me from the last video: the kids are packed up in the car, on the way to Ash and Brad's. Jenny tells them "I'll miss you". The kids look back at her and say nothing, although they are probably thinking hey we're tired and hungry. Jenny says it louder I'LL MISS YOU and this time the kids get the memo and each one quietly says I'll miss you. To me it seems Jenny is projecting her separation anxiety onto the kids. Dont make it worse than it is !! Just tell them you're going to see the doctor and you'll see them later and you hope they have a fantastic day. It reminded me of the time she was crouching down on the ground talking to them before her second amivantanab treatment when she thought she could die during treatment. Please ...don't surround the kids with unnecessary moroseness.
I feel very sorry for the children,how much do you tell a child when you are ill.My sister told her kids when they were 6 and 7 she had cancer and would die.i was dead against it as she had been told her cancer was incurable but treatable with chemo tablets.She had cancer for 7 years prior to telling them and the kids have suffered severe anxiety ever since,my sister has carried on working never had a over night stay in hospital and the kids are now 18 and 19.I think Jenny should of just told them she was ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wanted to add that Lea has been very graceful in her vlogs. She seems to have doctors who have dismissed her pain yet she has cast no blame on anyone. She is in hospice now.

Reactions: 5
Jenny and Kyle are such lovely people. I really find it awful the way some followers expect updates. It’s in really poor taste. And then speculating about whether she’s still alive. Cancer is the worst thing, ever. I have a little girl Winnie’s age and it really hits home.
Agreed let the poor women suffer in peace.
---
Yup 30. Mon thru Friday for 6 weeks. I think some people do 7 weeks but I only did 6 weeks. My right side was fried.
---

But Jenny said she was going to be vlogging even more so she set up the expectation for updates.
Off topic, HOW ARE YOU? Is hubby recovering post procedure. I care about you.❤
---
Kyle has updated. He thanked everyone for the prayers and donations. She's wiped out and can't film but he wanted to let people know that she is ok even though it's tough and she's in a lot of pain.

Oh look it's Josh 2.0 🔥
---
I am no expert but I lost my mum to lung cancer (non smoking, same diagnosis as Jenny) last year. Lung cancer is a beast of a cancer. Having watched family members with other cancers (breast, prostate, skin), this is not comparable and I wish people wouldn’t compare. Each diagnosis has its own place and every person is different. When I watch Jenny say she will continue to post videos and then be criticised for it it’s hard to read. We don’t know her mental state or the impact that the drugs are having on her thought processes, we also don’t know the impact of the cancer in her brain. She is striving to keep going, that’s obvious. The thought of leaving Kyle and the kids is something simply horrendous and none of us know how that feels unless we too have faced it. From experience, I hope she has a long as possible with her family but this is a tough fight. I’ve thought for a while she’s not okay. When you’ve lived this in reality you can see it. To face brain radiation to try and prolong her life is immensely brave. I will also not sit in judgement of how she handles her children. They will be devastated however this is or is not handled. If Jenny wants to film, for the memories, or to create income to support her family after her death, let her. We don’t have to watch. The pain they are living in right now is something I really relate to and all I can do is wish them the very best in these next few months. It’s a horrendous road.
I respect and understand your thoughts. But please don't compare tit with tit all cancers are brutal.
---
Can we have new suggestions for a thread title please?
Dying for $$$?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I am no expert but I lost my mum to lung cancer (non smoking, same diagnosis as Jenny) last year. Lung cancer is a beast of a cancer. Having watched family members with other cancers (breast, prostate, skin), this is not comparable and I wish people wouldn’t compare. Each diagnosis has its own place and every person is different. When I watch Jenny say she will continue to post videos and then be criticised for it it’s hard to read. We don’t know her mental state or the impact that the drugs are having on her thought processes, we also don’t know the impact of the cancer in her brain. She is striving to keep going, that’s obvious. The thought of leaving Kyle and the kids is something simply horrendous and none of us know how that feels unless we too have faced it. From experience, I hope she has a long as possible with her family but this is a tough fight. I’ve thought for a while she’s not okay. When you’ve lived this in reality you can see it. To face brain radiation to try and prolong her life is immensely brave. I will also not sit in judgement of how she handles her children. They will be devastated however this is or is not handled. If Jenny wants to film, for the memories, or to create income to support her family after her death, let her. We don’t have to watch. The pain they are living in right now is something I really relate to and all I can do is wish them the very best in these next few months. It’s a horrendous road.
Although cancers are very different and each cancer requires different treatment, the symptoms associated are very similar. If a patient has pleural effusions caused by primary lung cancer, kidney cancer, breast cancer..... the symptoms and pattern are the same. Same with the brain, if its primary lung cancer, kidney cancer, melanoma cancer thats crossed the blood brain barrier, its the same symptoms and same difficulties faced.
All incurable cancers are beasts.
---
Winnie was asking to die with her mother? Does anyone here think thats not messed up? Then after Winnie asks if she can die with her mummy, Jenny & kyle tell youtube? Jeez.

The transcript:

24:46
full-blown sobbing
24:48
I don't want you to die I don't want you
24:49
to die then Happy Play Talk Chat I don't
24:53
want a new mother I don't want a new
24:55
mother happy play chat I don't want you
24:58
to die mommy stay with us please don't
25:00
die and then can't I die with you
25:04
that was so heartbreaking when we first
---
And I repeat at 25 mins: Winnie asks " can't I die with you?"

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Watched the update from Kyle. Jenny simply can't get a break from side effects from the treatments. I was hoping this one was easier for her but it sounds awful. Each person is so different in their response to treatment. For her most have just been hell. With my limited knowledge of radiation treatments they are cumulative and she has only had a few so far. I had learned from reading here and elsewhere that one of the reasons this proton therapy could be tried at this stage with her so weak was that this radiation was not so brutal on the body....but I guess fatigue can be extreme and Jenny sounds very weak. I feel so bad for the children watching this.

• Sad
Watched the update from Kyle. Jenny simply can't get a break from side effects from the treatments. I was hoping this one was easier for her but it sounds awful. Each person is so different in their response to treatment. For her most have just been hell. With my limited knowledge of radiation treatments they are cumulative and she has only had a few so far. I had learned from reading here and elsewhere that one of the reasons this proton therapy could be tried at this stage with her so weak was that this radiation was not so brutal on the body....but I guess fatigue can be extreme and Jenny sounds very weak. I feel so bad for the children watching this.
Proton Beam Therapy is easier in some respects and worse in other respects. Usually its a 'beam' of radiation, but we have to remember Jenny is having her entire brain radiated due to the fluid. The burns will be worse and she will likely lose all of her hair.
The patients that I personally know that had PB had terrible tiredness and hair loss, but it worked very very well on cancer.
From the macmillan site here:

General side effects
Skin reactions – your skin may darken, become red, dry or itchy. Sometimes the skin can blister or peel. Skin reactions can be worse with proton beam therapy than with standard radiotherapy. Hair loss – you may lose hair in the area being treated.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Off topic folks, I was just wondering, please bear with me... I've watched a few videos on YouTube from a young lady who had lung cancer and things were not looking great for her... she ended up in the ER a lot with complications... I can't find her videos anymore and I don't remember her name. Very pretty, in her late twenties I think, living in the US, Filipino or Vietnamese, not sure. Anyone? Her videos were often vertical.
I think you mean Gabrielle? I found her as I am subscribed (forgot as she hasn't posted for a while)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Agreed let the poor women suffer in peace.
---

Off topic, HOW ARE YOU? Is hubby recovering post procedure. I care about you.❤
---

Oh look it's Josh 2.0 🔥
---

I respect and understand your thoughts. But please don't compare tit with tit all cancers are brutal.
---

Dying for $$$?
People are comparing cancer journeys on here…in particular with different YouTubers. It’s inappropriate, hence my comment. All cancers are brutal but some are treatable. Lung cancer is a beast of a cancer which is usually terminal before it’s even found and is vastly under researched. I have never said that all cancers aren’t brutal. Each journey is different and the comments on here don’t reflect that.

Reactions: 8
People are comparing cancer journeys on here…in particular with different YouTubers. It’s inappropriate, hence my comment. All cancers are brutal but some are treatable. Lung cancer is a beast of a cancer which is usually terminal before it’s even found and is vastly under researched. I have never said that all cancers aren’t brutal. Each journey is different and the comments on here don’t reflect that.
Could not agree more...each case is different.....any doctor will tell you that and thus often hard to get straight answers or prognosis. Even medical professionals have their hierarchy and a phrase such as "you have the good kind of cancer" is used by doctors. Some are aggressive and some are not. Some are classed right away as treatable...some are not. Some are caught early...many are not. I don't think recognizing the differences any way implies that any person posting here does not think cancer in any form is BRUTAL. A diagnosis changes your life..no way around that...that is the same of everyone.

I think you mean Gabrielle? I found her as I am subscribed (forgot as she hasn't posted for a while)
Yes! Gabrielle! Thank you!!! 🙏

Finally Kyle "remembered" to thank people for their support and donations! Some family member must have told him something...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Although cancers are very different and each cancer requires different treatment, the symptoms associated are very similar. If a patient has pleural effusions caused by primary lung cancer, kidney cancer, breast cancer..... the symptoms and pattern are the same. Same with the brain, if its primary lung cancer, kidney cancer, melanoma cancer thats crossed the blood brain barrier, its the same symptoms and same difficulties faced.
All incurable cancers are beasts.
---
Winnie was asking to die with her mother? Does anyone here think thats not messed up? Then after Winnie asks if she can die with her mummy, Jenny & kyle tell youtube? Jeez.

The transcript:

24:46
full-blown sobbing
24:48
I don't want you to die I don't want you
24:49
to die then Happy Play Talk Chat I don't
24:53
want a new mother I don't want a new
24:55
mother happy play chat I don't want you
24:58
to die mommy stay with us please don't
25:00
die and then can't I die with you
25:04
that was so heartbreaking when we first
---
And I repeat at 25 mins: Winnie asks " can't I die with you?"
They are so young I can't see them remembering her after a year or two.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
They are so young I can't see them remembering her after a year or two.
If my daughter was asking me if she could die with me, it would be a strong signal that professional intervention is needed, and it is available. Kyle has made several comments in youtube videos and privately elsewhere that he fears his children are going to end up messed up due to what the family are facing. Of course he will worry about the impact this will have on the children. As it stands, those 2 children could be worrying for months on end.
I have young children myself, thankfully we was offered and accepted professional help with our children.
---
A few times I have seen it mentioned that there isn't much research going into lung cancer?
LCRF awarded $2.45 million dollars in research grants, the largest single-year research investment in its history

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes! Gabrielle! Thank you!!! 🙏

Finally Kyle "remembered" to thank people for their support and donations! Some family member must have told him something...
He probably reads TL or some family read it. That thank you has really been missing from the videos.

As much as Kyle refuses to acknowledge it, I'm afraid Jenny will soon be deemed "hospice-appropriate". The disease burden in her lungs is not being affected by the current radiation and now that she is suffering extreme fatigue (and not eating much) she will not be able to tolerate any more of those targeted therapies or immunotherapy. The hospice nurse would monitor Jenny's pain and anxiety levels ... Jenny's pain should be MINIMAL at this point in time !! Her sister the nurse should know this!! I really wonder the real reason that a palliative care/hospice team is not in place yet. My ex mother-in-law was still in relatively good functional status (still walking and eating) when her home health care nurse was transitioned to a hospice nurse.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
That's what I was thinking, Turaj, the minute he made such a point of showing gratitude.

But really, if it was me, I could NOT resist reading a messageboard that was talking about ME! Good heavens! It would take so much restraint. And someone here noted that after we complained about him eating on camera, he made a special point of doing it, even more ostentatiously.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.