Jay Slater Teen Missing In Tenerife #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thatll be debbie and Co sharing the GFM like mad now as she's not gonna leave tenerife till she finds her boy..

Honestly, I'm calling it the now.. she'll be trying for residency or some sort of visa to stay indefinitely.

Reactions: 13
Where’s dtr? On a flight, is that why he’s quiet?
Who knows maybe now the family will share some useful info such as his height, trainers, bag, sunnies etc like they should have weeks ago? 🫠
I said they’ll all start leaving monday, cant go on forever

Reactions: 6
Re: the suggestion to use binoculars. Look up the place where he’s missing. There’s so much long grass and bushes that it would be very unlikely that anyone would be able to see anything useful

Also binoculars aren’t that easy to use. They’d have to be standing at the right angles and places to “search” the places he might have gone off road/fallen down/whatever

Reactions: 7
I wonder if they called off the search because only six people turned up after their appeal and none of them were any of the ones who flew into the country to "support" the mum with the help of the GoFundMe money? I bet the Spanish authorities are proper hacked off. The behaviour of the Slater family and friends since this started has made me so ashamed to be British, what a load of scummy grifters.

Jay is very likely dead at this point. I do find it sad in the way that he now has no chance at turning his life around, 19 is still so young and maybe he could have had a wake up call one day and straightened himself out. So I am sorry he won't have that chance now. Otherwise it seems to be someone who was a troublesome thug getting their just deserts. Oh well.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Re: the suggestion to use binoculars. Look up the place where he’s missing. There’s so much long grass and bushes that it would be very unlikely that anyone would be able to see anything useful

Also binoculars aren’t that easy to use. They’d have to be standing at the right angles and places to “search” the places he might have gone off road/fallen down/whatever
Maybe so but using binoculars in the hope you may spot something is better than doing absolutely duck all

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I always knew it was a possibility but the thought of his body never being found is hurting my heart today. Yes he was an unpleasant individual with questionable morals and a head family but he didn't deserve to lose his life in these circumstances.
I for one just hope he didn't suffer and it was a quick death

• Heart
Reactions: 72
The bbc article says only 12 people joined the search after the police call for volunteers! That’s shocking if half of Lancashire used the gfm to fly out there.

Reactions: 13
Maybe so but using binoculars in the hope you may spot something is better than doing absolutely duck all
Personally I don’t think so because no one would want to find their dead relative in god knows what state at this point, and the press attention isn’t any good because it’ll all boil down to “oh they aren’t doing enough/they’re doing too much/this is so suspicious”

Also can imagine there’s a risk some idiot is going to topple down one of those mountains themselves because they’re not careful or aware of what they’re doing because they’re looking through binoculars

The memes and jokes are good but I do feel like there’s a real lack of some realistic thought sometimes 😭

Reactions: 14
I hope this is a wake up call for some of his friends. There’s always the naivety of ‘it won’t happen to me’ but this shows them that it can happen to them.

Reactions: 32
Personally I don’t think so because no one would want to find their dead relative in god knows what state at this point, and the press attention isn’t any good because it’ll all boil down to “oh they aren’t doing enough/they’re doing too much/this is so suspicious”

Also can imagine there’s a risk some idiot is going to topple down one of those mountains themselves because they’re not careful or aware of what they’re doing because they’re looking through binoculars

The memes and jokes are good but I do feel like there’s a real lack of some realistic thought sometimes 😭
Maybe I miscommunicated what I was saying. I wasn't saying to use binoculars whilst walking around the mountains but now you say that yeah based on the intelligence level of most people involved I see what you're saying :ROFLMAO:

I agree that it would be absolutely awful for them to find him themselves especially in the state he would be in by now. (Although to me surely wanting him found would override being worried what state he would be in). I just meant standing at look out points with binoculars to see if they could see anything such as clothes, or reflections from a phone/watch etc. Then they would be able to report that to the experienced mountain rescuers who could then go and investigate. Even investing in drones (if legal in tenerife) could have helped the search.

Reactions: 18
I feel sad for Jay as he’s so young and no
Mum should need to live with not knowing what happened to her child. However this has been a tit show from the start, stories changing, clearly everyone off their faces not knowing what was going on so really a life lesson about getting caught up in drugs as a user or a dealer!

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.