Jay Slater teen missing in Tenerife #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t realise some dude named Darren had decided to run the operation, hope he lets all the Facebook detectives post again soon. I’m having withdrawals from their wisdom!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Not everything is a huge conspiracy 🤷‍♀️
Until they come up with some plausible explanations of what the £30k GoFundMe is supposed to be for, when the Spanish police are searching so nobody else needs to, and his mum can't possibly get through that much even if she stays at the Hilton ... this definitely is.

The GFM is a HUGE red flag, as is his character / criminal background, which the main stream media are inexplicably covering up.

Reactions: 65
Wait till they find out your on Tattle! My daughter practically disowned me 😂
I had a friend and told her she was mentioned on here as a good mate would (she has her own thread now because she's an absolute embarrassment but it was another terrible Mum/Scottish fud) and she fell out with me and blocked me from everywhere. 🤣🤣🤣 I don't use socials now, thankfully, so I just giggle away on her thread and when I pass her in real life (Tesco always) we just blank each other.

But I guarantee you she lurks on her thread. Ego bigger than the comedy wig she sometimes wears.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
I'm so between it being he wandered off and has fallen down a mountain to it's all a GFM scam. No wonder the Spanish don't want us as tourists going off the Facebook groups. I wonder if I can change nationality as I'm embarrassed.

Reactions: 36
I saw a tiktok comment saying that the football was coming home before him 🤣

Can anyone be a lifesaver and recap the last two threads? I got 13 pages into the first one and I don’t have hours on my hands to read through the rest (although it is very amusing)

My theory:

1. Jay wanted drugs at the festival
2. Lucy had a number
3 Jay went to meet a dealer and got mouthy
4. Rest is history

Not everything is a huge conspiracy 🤷‍♀️

If you have time I recommend going back! Highly recommend. Trip Advisor 10/10.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm not sure that GFM has moved far today ... Could be another 2-3 days yet before we reach target unless we have another appeal ;)

Reactions: 9
RECAP (timeline copied from BBC News)

Sunday 16 June - Jay Slater and friends Lucy Mae and Brad, attend final day of the NRG music festival at Papagayo night club in the tourist hotspot of Playa de las Americas

Monday 17 June - Between 03:00 and 06:00 BST Mr Slater got into a car with two men he had met during the holiday and left Playa de las Americas

07:30 - Mr Slater posts a photograph on his Snapchat account showing him at the doorway of a property, tagged with the location Parque Rural de Teno

Between 08:30 and 09:00 - Mr Slater calls Lucy and says he missed a bus back south and was attempting to walk the 10-hour journey

The call cuts out, with his phone's last location showing a path in the mountainous Rural de Teno national park, popular with hikers

Tuesday 18 June - Despite his friends searching the area, no sign of Mr Slater emerges and he does not return to his accommodation

Local police and mountain rescue teams begin searching and his mother and brother board a flight to Tenerife

Wednesday 19 June - The Spanish Guardia Civil continue the search using drones, dogs and a helicopter but no trace is found

The search is briefly moved to the Los Cristianos area in the south of the island due to a potential sighting, but police quickly "discount" that lead and move the search back to the original area.

Thursday 20 June - The Guardia Civil, mountain rescue, firefighters and volunteers return to scour the national park

Friday 21 June - Lancashire Police confirms it has offered to help the search but says Spanish are "satisfied that they have the resources they need".

Lucy has set up a Go Fund Me page with a target of £30k, to pay for family and friends to stay in Tenerife and search for Jay. His mum is briefly added as a beneficiary but then removed. She does not go out to join the search as she finds it too emotionally overwhelming. Lucy gives an interview but does so with her back to the camera so she is not identified. Many people jump online to suggest she is a drug dealer due to the number of recent holidays featured on her social media pages and is somehow involved in Jay’s disappearance/kidnapping.

Brad’s mother, Rachel, sets up a FB page to share information about the search. This is soon taken over by completely random suggestions, and latterly trolls, hence many of the references on these threads. Posts are disabled for 24 hours and a new group is set up.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I’m not massively up to date but definitely seems like a huge scam or a drug deal gone wrong, nobody carries on walking into the middle of nowhere with no phone battery in that heat… you only have to compare Lucy’s Instagram to his and quickly realise that for people their ages, she wouldn’t be associated with his as just a friend, she’s a pretty Dubai wanna be and he’s a ‘road man’, suss written all over this one!

Reactions: 30
Just a legitimate thought - why have no other people come forward to say they saw him walking along the road

Reactions: 11
The DM have a photo of Jay and Lucy in the rave and a photo of her posing and smiling. Hiding her face, with all these FB frooty looped sleuths, was never going to fly! It was just a strange thing to do when you're so called 'friend' is missing.

Reactions: 15
RECAP (timeline copied from BBC News)

Sunday 16 June - Jay Slater and friends Lucy Mae and Brad, attend final day of the NRG music festival at Papagayo night club in the tourist hotspot of Playa de las Americas

Monday 17 June - Between 03:00 and 06:00 BST Mr Slater got into a car with two men he had met during the holiday and left Playa de las Americas

07:30 - Mr Slater posts a photograph on his Snapchat account showing him at the doorway of a property, tagged with the location Parque Rural de Teno

Between 08:30 and 09:00 - Mr Slater calls Lucy and says he missed a bus back south and was attempting to walk the 10-hour journey

The call cuts out, with his phone's last location showing a path in the mountainous Rural de Teno national park, popular with hikers

Tuesday 18 June - Despite his friends searching the area, no sign of Mr Slater emerges and he does not return to his accommodation

Local police and mountain rescue teams begin searching and his mother and brother board a flight to Tenerife

Wednesday 19 June - The Spanish Guardia Civil continue the search using drones, dogs and a helicopter but no trace is found

The search is briefly moved to the Los Cristianos area in the south of the island due to a potential sighting, but police quickly "discount" that lead and move the search back to the original area.

Thursday 20 June - The Guardia Civil, mountain rescue, firefighters and volunteers return to scour the national park

Friday 21 June - Lancashire Police confirms it has offered to help the search but says Spanish are "satisfied that they have the resources they need".

Lucy has set up a Go Fund Me page with a target of £30k, to pay for family and friends to stay in Tenerife and search for Jay. His mum is briefly added as a beneficiary but then removed. She does not go out to join the search as she finds it too emotionally overwhelming. Lucy gives an interview but does so with her back to the camera so she is not identified. Many people jump online to suggest she is a drug dealer due to the number of recent holidays featured on her social media pages and is somehow involved in Jay’s disappearance/kidnapping.

Brad’s mother, Rachel, sets up a FB page to share information about the search. This is soon taken over by completely random suggestions, and latterly trolls, hence many of the references on these threads. Posts are disabled for 24 hours and a new group is set up.
Hasn't the Sunday/Monday timeline been slightly fucked by this new photo of him in the club though

I don't really know any more

Reactions: 9
Feel like I can't trust anyone anymore. See my neighbours walking past and find myself wondering if they're rushing home to put a shift in on Webcam Watch

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.