Japan and Korean based Youtubers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t really know where to post this as I wasn’t sure where they fitted or even whether I rave/don’t about them.

I guess Abroad in Japan is who I watch the most and then the people who he collaborates with. I like him and I’m glad he’s being more balanced with this Journey Across Japan as the first one I think he just got so overwhelmed so quickly trying to every day

I like Sharla but I find her videos so boring a lot of the time.

I like Ryotaro in Chris’s videos but find his channel a little bit cringe, I don’t know why!

any other recommendations for similar?

Reactions: 3
I only really watch Chris (aka Abroad in Japan) and let me tell you I have had 'Too Much Volcano' stuck in my head all week it's fab 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I like watching Chris abroad and CDawgVA, and “too much volcano” has been stuck in my head too lol

Reactions: 3
I hadn’t watched CDawgVA before but just watched the love hotel video with Chris, his voice is a lot, not sure I could watch too much of it!

I hadn’t watched CDawgVA before but just watched the love hotel video with Chris, his voice is a lot, not sure I could watch too much of it!
You should watch when he gets pissed with Chris lol, Chris was like the older brother leading his younger brother astray lol

Sharla use to be so great, I think up until the whole Kanadajin puppet accounts and all that stuff came out she's a bit more boring and reserved, understandably so.

Reactions: 2
Sharla use to be so great, I think up until the whole Kanadajin puppet accounts and all that stuff came out she's a bit more boring and reserved, understandably so.
What was that all about?

Reactions: 1
yeah do tell...

also, can this thread also be used to talk about youtubers in Korea. I would make a new thread but I don't have enough posts yet lol

Last edited:
I used to enjoy Rachel & Jun, but they got quite boring.
Agree about Sharla, her content is pretty bland now.

Tokyo Lens has nice documentaries, he films for Chris (Abroad in Japan) sometimes. I really like Chris though, was quite shocked the first Journey Across Japan was already a couple of years ago 😳

Emma (Tokidoki traveller) is also quite fun to watch at times.
And I watch some Tokyo Creatives video's as well, not all of them are great though.

Taylor R doesn't live in Japan anymore (HK now), but I do enjoy her content most of the times.

And yes, I really love Japan 😅

yeah do tell...

also, can this thread also be used to talk about youtubers in Korea. I would make a new thread but I don't have enough posts yet lol
the more the merrier, I’ll see if I can get the title changed

• Heart
I tried to find the original video from Rachel and Jun but basically Kanadin or Mira was one of Sharla's original friends in Japan and it turned out that Mira had all these puppet accounts that she would use to completely bash and tear down both Sharla and Rachel, it was crazy. This happened in 2014 which is why Sharla and Mira arent seen together in videos anymore. Mira is kinda crazy.

• Wow
hey everyone, kinda new in tattle, just lurk here and there, but i love japan vloggers ngl, so.... Sharla and Chris, totally dating right?

hey everyone, kinda new in tattle, just lurk here and there, but i love japan vloggers ngl, so.... Sharla and Chris, totally dating right?
I kinda ship Sharla and Norm (although I think Norm would be more into it than Sharla) or Marc (who went to get Maro for her) 😅
But Chris and Sharla would make a cute couple.

I like Norm's content but, by all accounts, he's far from a good person.

I still enjoy Sharla's content. I do miss the days of Sharla/Taylor/Kim Dao/Bronwyn in Japan.

I like Norm's content but, by all accounts, he's far from a good person.

I still enjoy Sharla's content. I do miss the days of Sharla/Taylor/Kim Dao/Bronwyn in Japan.
Ooh, you have some tea on Norm?
I like his video's/documentaries, but don't really know how he is as a person. He always seems over the top nice.

Ooh, you have some tea on Norm?
I like his video's/documentaries, but don't really know how he is as a person. He always seems over the top nice.
There was a fair bit of discussion about him on the old Pretty Ugly Little Liar boards.

One main thing is that he has a wife and child. Of course he should maintain their privacy and he's under no obligation to include them in his content but he seems to go out of his way to hide their existence.

There was some talk of how he was a bully when he worked at Gaba. I wish I could remember the specifics.

• Wow
There was a fair bit of discussion about him on the old Pretty Ugly Little Liar boards.

One main thing is that he has a wife and child. Of course he should maintain their privacy and he's under no obligation to include them in his content but he seems to go out of his way to hide their existence.

There was some talk of how he was a bully when he worked at Gaba. I wish I could remember the specifics.
Oh wow, I would've never guessed! I thought he was single AF. That does put him in a different light :/
As you said, he could easily acknowledge their existence, but not film them or something. How weird.

I kinda ship Sharla and Norm (although I think Norm would be more into it than Sharla) or Marc (who went to get Maro for her) 😅
But Chris and Sharla would make a cute couple.
i've seen some gossip in some other sites, and they make very good points, now that she's officially moving to Sendai seems like it could be official. In one of AiJ podcasts, Pete had a slip up, when Chris couldn't pronounce some Canadian names, he said something like "well dont ask me, youre the one who lives with....erhm" 😅 so yeah, I'm totally team "they're dating" lol

• Heart
Ahh I just found this thread and wish it was more active! I really like Sharla; I like to think her videos are gentle rather than bland. I find them comforting. But I don't think she's dating Chris, reckon they're just friends.