Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those meatballs look good. Anyone know which veggie mince would work? I’ve only used the frozen Quorn mince, which I can’t see holding together.

Upside down fish pie you say? …
I was wondering that about the one pot chicken bake thing. I used to do something similar before we went veggie and it was bloody delicious. I think maybe a vegie nut loaf recipe may be the best way to do it, but not cheap unless you do loads of lentils.

I bet Jack Monroe is seething!
The thing is, they are catering to different audiences. If I had one gas ring at home and a microwave and could only afford tinned food, I would have to maybe use jack Monroe recipes. But as I have a choice, but still would like to reduce my energy bill and food costs, Jamie is who I would go to. His tips were great in that programme. I wouldn't use Jack Monroe recipes if I had a choice, because they sound vile but if it was a choice between eating washed baked beans or not eating, I probably would give it a try!.

Reactions: 1
A little light reading for you @macrofriendly

Oh good god this is a rabbit hole I’m unsure I want to go down 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anybody watching? I couldn’t find another thread
There has been a lot of thought gone behind this programme, from the lack of 'fancy' equipment to the minimal cooking times. I have found it inspirational. If you have the gadgets to make things easier, use them but he is showing how you can make budget food with basic equipment.

Reactions: 5
I'm not usually a Jamie Oliver fan (look at my year of birth, he completely fucked us over half way through secondary school getting rid of pizza, chips and burgers at dinner time and I will never forgive him for that 😂) however I've been watching his new show and I agree with the above post saying a lot of thought has gone into making it accessible and for once I've not found myself sarcastically commenting whilst watching 'oh I'll just nip down to Londis and get some *insert obscure ingredient*' like I have done with his previous 'simplified' recipe shows. Actually really looking forward to trying some of the recipes! You can get them all on a free PDF from his website.

Reactions: 9
Shoot me down, I think it's lovely and if I had the money I'd do the same. A beautiful family

Reactions: 7
I see he’s got remarried on a duck off private island.
What cost of living crisis eh?
Tbf, celebrities can’t be held responsible for the cost of living crisis. They’re a lovely family, and while I think ending renewals are a bit cheesy, it’s their money and they can spend it on what they want.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Just seen this pop on on Facebook and I’m thinking fair play to him. He hasn’t grifted his money like Jack so glad to see it

Reactions: 4
For sure, it’s just a shame the staff at Jamie’s Italian who never got a last pay check couldn’t go.

Reactions: 1