Jamie Genevieve #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wee article there on UK influencers being monitored & warned - wonder if Jamie was one. Have noticed she's been really good at declaring ads & gifted products lately.

Well I have reported Jamie and most recently Jack to ASA due to them not disclosing their ADS or gifted posts. I received an email back from the head person at ASA saying they had spoken to Jack and made him aware of the rules and they had emailed back previously regarding Jamie and said they’d been in touch with her. So I guess I’m not the only person reporting her. I did notice the GIFTED was in massive letters as well in her stories ;):ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Well I have reported Jamie and most recently Jack to ASA due to them not disclosing their ADS or gifted posts. I received an email back from the head person at ASA saying they had spoken to Jack and made him aware of the rules and they had emailed back previously regarding Jamie and said they’d been in touch with her. So I guess I’m not the only person reporting her. I did notice the GIFTED was in massive letters as well in her stories ;):ROFLMAO:
Did you report Jack for the sunglasses? I did too 😂 And I reported Jamie's latest video, which is actually a GHD ad, but there's no declaration in the title or thumbnail so I only found out when I read the description. ASA rules state it must be clear it's an ad before you click on it.

Reactions: 12
Did you report Jack for the sunglasses? I did too 😂 And I reported Jamie's latest video, which is actually a GHD ad, but there's no declaration in the title or thumbnail so I only found out when I read the description. ASA rules state it must be clear it's an ad before you click on it.
Ohh I think I missed them. It was Jack for the whisky he got gifted and the Selfridges gift he was gifted :LOL: Jamie has had a few things I’ve reported her for, I was honestly convinced that they didn’t even take action until I kept getting replies to nearly all of them I was reporting. I reported Jacqueline Jossa for blatantly not disclosing a fake tan ad - it got escalated to the top boss at ASA and they even sent me the correspondence they’d sent Jacqueline and the fake tan company (and I like her but will report if the rules are broken):ROFLMAO:
I’m sure Jamie and Jack will slip up again... imagine the conversations in their house when they hear people are reporting them for breaching the rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Think some people really have too much time on their hands... 🥴

I don’t think anyone that frequents a gossip site can look down on someone for having too much time on their hands, to be honest...

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I don’t think anyone that frequents a gossip site can look down on someone for having too much time on their hands, to be honest...

🤣 I think there’s a bit of a difference to reading some gossip on a site and actually going out of your way to continually email someone reporting them for not declaring an ad. It’s pretty petty to cause trouble in other people’s lives, people you don’t even know for no reason. It really doesn’t effect you whether or not they declare it, out of interest what’s the big deal and why does it rub people up the wrong way? Genuine question.

That you Jack? 🤣
unfortunately I’m not quite as self obsessed as oor Jack x

Reactions: 10
🤣 I think there’s a bit of a difference to reading some gossip on a site and actually going out of your way to continually email someone reporting them for not declaring an ad. It’s pretty petty to cause trouble in other people’s lives, people you don’t even know for no reason. It really doesn’t effect you whether or not they declare it, out of interest what’s the big deal and why does it rub people up the wrong way? Genuine question.

I think it’s the fact that these people are in a blessed position to be getting so much stuff for free that the least they could do is let their followers know that the stuff they’re shilling and making money from (AFF links etc) wasn’t even paid for.. just about being open and transparent with the followers that got them where they are, that’s all 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 30
You really need to go somewhere that doesn’t need the cash. I’m mid 30s and get Botox once every 9 months and when I’ve suggested anything else my doctor has said absolutely no way. She also made sure to explain my face shape/ teeth and jaw structure to me and how this will age over time.

Heart shaped faces like mine will age mostly around the mouth area. She would never recommend nasolabial filler. Instead possibly some up in the high jaw to pull the skin tight but not for at least another 10 years
I know this isn’t the place / is off topic but anybody know of a site where you can get genuine reviews or a forum about treatments?

I feel the only way I find out about about places is influencers tagging on Instagram and either I don’t like there look or doesnt strike me as genuine recommendation so puts me off.

I have really bad frown lines so have considered Botox for a few years but unsure of where to go. I also last year got hair extensions (to even/ thicken hair not lengthen it) and loved the result but the salon experience was poor, didn’t give me any proper aftercare and I’m not convinced I was told of the right type as I got bonds and some tangled, others came out quite quickly by taking all of my hair not just the bond loosening. But places I know of are Glasgow influencer tagged and I don’t fancy eg claratinks, bombshell etc

kind of off topic but help an aging maw out if there’s a forum for recommendations somewhere I’m missing!

Reactions: 5
🤣 I think there’s a bit of a difference to reading some gossip on a site and actually going out of your way to continually email someone reporting them for not declaring an ad. It’s pretty petty to cause trouble in other people’s lives, people you don’t even know for no reason. It really doesn’t effect you whether or not they declare it, out of interest what’s the big deal and why does it rub people up the wrong way? Genuine question
I love Jamie, but I don't want to be actively sold to unless it's a product I've already got an interest in. Even then, I'd take anything she said with a large pinch of salt because I know she's being paid to speak well of something. As she so frequently tells us, this is her job, and part of that job is declaring things as required. It's not causing trouble any more than pulling up anyone else for taking the piss in their workplace & misrepresenting stuff is taking the piss out of followers. It affects us, because we maybe buy something believing she genuinely rated it, for her to never mention it again because actually she was never bothered with it, it was a job. How many of us fast forward through the ads on TV? How many of us choose to watch a shopping channel? We should be presented with the facts so we can make informed decisions, & that includes on if we even want to spend our time watching an advert or not.

Reactions: 14
I think it’s the fact that these people are in a blessed position to be getting so much stuff for free that the least they could do is let their followers know that the stuff they’re shilling and making money from (AFF links etc) wasn’t even paid for.. just about being open and transparent with the followers that got them where they are, that’s all 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah basically this.
Becoming an influencer or whatever comes with rules unfortunately which they are aware of but they choose to ignore them and mislead a lot of their followers. It’s obvious reporting them works. If these people followed the guidelines and the rules they wouldn’t need to be reported.

Reactions: 7
Jamie talking about maybe setting up a home account :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Called it! It was only a matter of time. Home account getting setup in 3....2......1! 🙄 so transparent. She’s looking for the collab with Howdens for a new kitchen and bathrooms!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I love Jamie, but I don't want to be actively sold to unless it's a product I've already got an interest in. Even then, I'd take anything she said with a large pinch of salt because I know she's being paid to speak well of something. As she so frequently tells us, this is her job, and part of that job is declaring things as required. It's not causing trouble any more than pulling up anyone else for taking the piss in their workplace & misrepresenting stuff is taking the piss out of followers. It affects us, because we maybe buy something believing she genuinely rated it, for her to never mention it again because actually she was never bothered with it, it was a job. How many of us fast forward through the ads on TV? How many of us choose to watch a shopping channel? We should be presented with the facts so we can make informed decisions, & that includes on if we even want to spend our time watching an advert or not.
Yeah exactly. Does she want it to be her job or not? If so, she should be sticking to the ASA rules. Same as any job really. It's not hard to declare something as an ad either. I'm not bothered about reporting people to the ASA but I can see why people are rightly pissed off with influencers doing as they please.

kind of off topic but help an aging maw out if there’s a forum for recommendations somewhere I’m missing!
I don't know of a site with a list of clinics but if you're in Glasgow, for Botox I'd check out Ever Clinic (Dr Cormac) or Dr Darren Mckeown, both are registered doctors and have a background in aesthetic/plastic surgery. I've not had botox myself but know many people who go to Dr Darren for it, and I see Dr Cormac for IPL, he's very experienced and I completely trust him.

Reactions: 3
I know this isn’t the place / is off topic but anybody know of a site where you can get genuine reviews or a forum about treatments?

I feel the only way I find out about about places is influencers tagging on Instagram and either I don’t like there look or doesnt strike me as genuine recommendation so puts me off.

I have really bad frown lines so have considered Botox for a few years but unsure of where to go. I also last year got hair extensions (to even/ thicken hair not lengthen it) and loved the result but the salon experience was poor, didn’t give me any proper aftercare and I’m not convinced I was told of the right type as I got bonds and some tangled, others came out quite quickly by taking all of my hair not just the bond loosening. But places I know of are Glasgow influencer tagged and I don’t fancy eg claratinks, bombshell etc

I think it’s just trial and error.
For aesthetics I go to clinetix. It’s dr Emma who does mine and she’s more expensive than the nurses but I guess they’re all trained to the same standards from her

Hair extensions when I’ve had them in the past I’ve went to sian bannan (sianhair on Instagram). I’ve had 200 bonds in 22 inch in the past and it was around £700. Expensive (I think) but they’ve lasted up to 9 months before. I also dye my own grey roots so don’t spend money on any type of upkeep bar one or two trims a year.

I absolutely refuse to go to influencer recommend places as they get it all for free. I once went to somewhere who did deals on micro blading and can only say thank duck it was that bad it never actually took to my skin 😂

Reactions: 5
Had enough of these couple of shameless freebie-grabbers. Esp Jack. Honestly sit down son. It’s embarrassing. Everything now is an ad (with no disclaimer) or a shameless attempt to get free stuff. Fake fake fake.

I’d be really interested to know if Jack has done work with anyone else other than Jamie. Having ‘I make things for the internet’ in his bio but as far as I know all he does is edit his wife’s videos?? Surely if he’s a ‘real’ videographer he’d be trying to build up a portfolio and working with a lot of other people.

I’d be really interested to know if Jack has done work with anyone else other than Jamie. Having ‘I make things for the internet’ in his bio but as far as I know all he does is edit his wife’s videos?? Surely if he’s a ‘real’ videographer he’d be trying to build up a portfolio and working with a lot of other people.
He done stuff for Johnny Walker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.