James and Clair Buckley- At Home with the Buckley's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their management might be turning them off making videos because they want them to produce as much content as possible.
I was wondering that,a management team would want it to be all about makkng money,which is probably not the main reason they started the channel. I know James is a bit of a penny pincher,but I get the feeling he just enjoyed the natural day to day content.Most families daily lives,wont be full of action and celeb friends, but their pre management content was definitely much more relatable and came across quite natural. I like Claire and James,they are a great couple and come across as brilliant parents. A management team is turning them into a brand and taking away what most people,probably originally watched them for

Reactions: 4
I was wondering that,a management team would want it to be all about makkng money,which is probably not the main reason they started the channel. I know James is a bit of a penny pincher,but I get the feeling he just enjoyed the natural day to day content.Most families daily lives,wont be full of action and celeb friends, but their pre management content was definitely much more relatable and came across quite natural. I like Claire and James,they are a great couple and come across as brilliant parents. A management team is turning them into a brand and taking away what most people,probably originally watched them for
You can bet they've probably got someone giving them "feedback" on their videos too and what they can do to "make them better so they perform well". I can imagine that winding them up a bit, especially Clair.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
James is away filming so I know it must be hard for Clair on her own for content, but bloody hell yesterday's was so boring. She just cleaned the entire house. Literally that was it. Just sped up footage of hoovering and dusting. Surely she can be a bit more interesting than that?

ETA I have also found it odd in a couple of the last videos Clair showed footage of the boys bedroom, and also spoke about how one of the boys has reached the age where he needed to be told to wash as he has bad BO. Just seems wierd after being so good protecting their privacy, then doing stuff like that 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
James is away filming so I know it must be hard for Clair on her own for content, but bloody hell yesterday's was so boring. She just cleaned the entire house. Literally that was it. Just sped up footage of hoovering and dusting. Surely she can be a bit more interesting than that?

ETA I have also found it odd in a couple of the last videos Clair showed footage of the boys bedroom, and also spoke about how one of the boys has reached the age where he needed to be told to wash as he has bad BO. Just seems wierd after being so good protecting their privacy, then doing stuff like that 🤷‍♀️
Oh wow I didn't catch that part about BO, yeah that could be pretty embarrassing for them if they watch it.

I agree fully.

I'm also wondering what it is that Clair was hoping for to happen that she had the meeting for that she thought was kind of a pipe dream?

The programme James is filming they aren't talking about is for Channel 5 and called The Hoard. With Neil Morrissey.
About metal detectorists. Sounds very much like Detectorists doesn't it?

Reactions: 3
Surprisingly still really like the Clair centric vlogs, maybe even more than James by himself, although I really used to. Like when he was doing the play and filming little bits in the dressing room/ when he went on that bachelors weekend, that was fun, it's like he was less conscious or something, of the viewers, whereas now it seems like maybe he's trying too hard? idk maybe it's just me. But if either of them would be effected by pressure to be different I feel like it would be him, because as outlandish and funny as he is, I think he's surprisingly an introvert and maybe quite an overthinker.

Anyways, liked the wallpaper part. When Clair does diy's, it inspires me to do more just around the house in general. I also think that despite them working with gleam now, they're still more real than 90% or more of what's out there and I genuinely like them both.
I just think it's really not necessary to try to kick off any special products/projects to drum up interest, unless it's like a true passion project, because them just keeping doing what they have been and being real I feel generates more popularity than trying to crank out something.

Watched this weeks vlog,had to laugh at James, regarding his constipation and calling 111, im not surprised with his diet. Notvsure he eats vegetables hiscduet mostly consists of take away curries ,processed food and beer. Even Claire has said he has the diet of a fussy toddler.

• Haha
Watched this weeks vlog,had to laugh at James, regarding his constipation and calling 111, im not surprised with his diet. Notvsure he eats vegetables hiscduet mostly consists of take away curries ,processed food and beer. Even Claire has said he has the diet of a fussy toddler.
That was HILARIOUS. However I can really empathize because I've had some really bad bowel/ stomach issues in the past. Not sure if I experienced what he did but it all kind of gets lumped together ( no pun intended).
Here we have nothing like that ( that I know of anyways) where you can actually call and tell your whole intimate crisis to someone on the phone; I can't imagine being him and having to explain all but hey when you're in a crisis.

Him flinging the hose around on the deck was so Jay Cartwright, my goodness. Him nearly tripping over reminds me of when Jay ran the motorbike into the shop window while trying to show off.

Reactions: 1
That was HILARIOUS. However I can really empathize because I've had some really bad bowel/ stomach issues in the past. Not sure if I experienced what he did but it all kind of gets lumped together ( no pun intended).
Here we have nothing like that ( that I know of anyways) where you can actually call and tell your whole intimate crisis to someone on the phone; I can't imagine being him and having to explain all but hey when you're in a crisis.

Him flinging the hose around on the deck was so Jay Cartwright, my goodness. Him nearly tripping over reminds me of when Jay ran the motorbike into the shop window while trying to show off.
As a nurse,Ive heard the detailed bowel habits of more strangers than I care to remember,so listening to James's account really did make me laugh

Reactions: 2
It was very funny 😂
Clare's face all the way through was hilarious.
James eats like my husband. Lots of meat and carbs and a distrust of vegetables or salad. Honestly I've given up as he is an adult.
I'm embarassed to admit this but last night we had quiche. And he put his in a bap. A bap. FFS. I couldn't believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I see James is going to be on Celeb Masterchef.
I thought he already had been but that was Bake Off wasn't it?

James seems to be catching some hell in the comments of the last vlog for the fact that Clair did the deck. Like he wouldn't do it even if she asked for help, what are you all's thoughts?

I think she heads it up because she's thorough and even though he complains, I don't think he intentionally doesn't help?

• Heart
James seems to be catching some hell in the comments of the last vlog for the fact that Clair did the deck. Like he wouldn't do it even if she asked for help, what are you all's thoughts?

I think she heads it up because she's thorough and even though he complains, I don't think he intentionally doesn't help?
I think James is just a naturally grumpy old man!! And it's probably quicker and easier for Clair to just get on with things!!

I wonder if a packet of smash will appear on master chef 😁

• Haha

I think James likes to play a bit of a character,but I really couldnt imagine him watching her struggle. Claire is more than capable of putting him in his place if he's not pulling his weight. I agree with you,I think Claire is quite thorough and likes to constantly be doing something

I think James likes to play a bit of a character,but I really couldnt imagine him watching her struggle. Claire is more than capable of putting him in his place if he's not pulling his weight. I agree with you,I think Claire is quite thorough and likes to constantly be doing something
I totally agree. People sometimes make these generalizations elsewhere on SM about couples like " the husband is henpecked, you bully him " to "he's ungrateful and lazy, we don't live in the 1940s still" etc and I think many forget that people are entertainers playing up a funny tendency for a theme to the videos, so to speak.

I think the same goes here, James is always complaining about his health, the yard, whatever it may be, and that's like their schtick, how it gets on her nerves and what ensues; I really don't think he'd leave her to struggle if she was actually.

Reactions: 5
Did anyone see James on The Hit list on BBC 1,thanks to Chris Moyles he got so far. For some reason James looked like he would prefer to be anywhere but infront of the camera

• Haha
Did anyone see James on The Hit list on BBC 1,thanks to Chris Moyles he got so far. For some reason James looked like he would prefer to be anywhere but infront of the camera
Yes I saw that. He was terrible wasn't he 😂
I never think of him as particularly attractive (nothing awful, just not my type) but he looked really quite handsome on it I thought.

Since they acquired a management team things have become less about the fun Buckleys and more about sponsors,undeclared Ads with hopes of sponsorship at a later date and selling merchandise. Maybe they'd be better doing a fortnightly vlog rather than weekly,which quitecoften isn't posted. I totaagree that they need to make money,buy it's also important that they don't lose the authenticity of their original vlogs. I often wonder if Claire is fed up of vlogging and having to edit while James isvout enjoying himself. I noticed at the end of this vlog she said James is at the Indiana Jones premiere,whilst giving a little eye roll. Quite often she mentions him going out and coming home drunk and sleeping in the guest room. To be fair I'd happily watch vlogs with just Claire and the boys,I find her naturally funny