James and Clair Buckley- At Home with the Buckley's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I literally came here to say this! I pay for Spotify Premium, so getting ads is annoying in itself, but having like 5 long ads in a row in EACH episode, which in fact is just one episode split in half, so that each half has the same multiple ads in it, is unbearable!!! I really like the podcast, but the ads are genuinely getting on my last nerve.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I literally came here to say this! I pay for Spotify Premium, so getting ads is annoying in itself, but having like 5 long ads in a row in EACH episode, which in fact is just one episode split in half, so that each half has the same multiple ads in it, is unbearable!!! I really like the podcast, but the ads are genuinely getting on my last nerve.
I skip them because I feel the same! Too many most of the time

So just seen what now being classed as a vlog,basically an Ad for Volkswagon. I love response from at home with the Buckleys,it's difficult to create content week in week out and saying other people dont work for free. Firstly their content is far from regular,quite sporadic. Secondly they don't work for free,they get revenue from Youtube,they regularly have sponsors and receive gifted items. Both of them aren't very good at declaring Ads or gifted items,especially on Instagram. I don't have an issue with them making money,but at least be transparent and don't behave as if you're doing the followers a favour,without viewers there'd be no revenue or channel. Also how can they turn on Ads for their channel,when their vlogs are usually under 15 ninutes long

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
In Part 1 of the latest episode it starts off with 5.5 minutes of ads, then 7 minutes half way through, and ends with 3.5 min.

Part 2 - starts with 3 min. of ads, then 6.5 min. half way through and ends with 2.5 min.

That's a total of 28 minutes of ads in one episode!!!!! Half an hour of ads, guys.

Both parts put together make 84 minutes of content, which means that the ads take up exactly a third of it. How is that normal?

Reactions: 5
I fast forwarded today's vlog after 8 mins to see when they'd do content and it looks like it was all just a giant VW advert and not even a very good one.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Something that I find quite disappointing, they've been running the VW Ad during the pod cast for a few weeks, but it looks like they only filmed the road trip this past weekend,I'd like evidence that they've been using the car for the past few weeks and not just regurgitating a script.so will they advertise anything as long as theres a freebie or they get paid? It sldo looks like some of the negative comments have been removed from the comments section

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
Just watched their video.
Getting very disappointed with them now. It's so frustrating as they can be so good a lot of the time.
I think I hate the disingenuous 'oh look at us doing an ad, aren't we crap at it tee hee' and pretending they are taking the piss out of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just watched their video.
Getting very disappointed with them now. It's so frustrating as they can be so good a lot of the time.
I think I hate the disingenuous 'oh look at us doing an ad, aren't we crap at it tee hee' and pretending they are taking the piss out of it all.
I totally agree. They like to take the pee ,but Claires comments in the comments section clearly shows she feels like they put a lot of effort in,constantly referring to their content as 'Free',dispite revenue they earn from youtube and all the sponsors, Ads and gifted items. They had the car for a weekend,they've been pushing this Ads for a few weeks before they even had the car,so definitely not a genuine review. Im just disappointed because these cars are so expensive and VW are currently going through LOTS of issues with production, sourcing parts and generally dealing with electric vehicles they sell.

I totally agree. They like to take the pee ,but Claires comments in the comments section clearly shows she feels like they put a lot of effort in,constantly referring to their content as 'Free',dispite revenue they earn from youtube and all the sponsors, Ads and gifted items. They had the car for a weekend,they've been pushing this Ads for a few weeks before they even had the car,so definitely not a genuine review. Im just disappointed because these cars are so expensive and VW are currently going through LOTS of issues with production, sourcing parts and generally dealing with electric vehicles they sell.
Yes it's the ironic 'har har look at us being proper influencers and doing an advert har har' when that is exactly what they've turned into.
And that bloody car is about £60k - so relatable.

• Heart
Yes it's the ironic 'har har look at us being proper influencers and doing an advert har har' when that is exactly what they've turned into.
And that bloody car is about £60k - so relatable.
The basic model is 60K,so not accessible to everyone. I really loved their original vlogs,pre management company. Lets see if the Christmas decorating vlog actually appears next week or if there will be more technical issues. It's clear that Claire finds the vlogging podcast and all the public events a pain in the backside,but is more than happy to accept freebies.

I can honestly say as much as I like them I've never listened to any of their podcasts (just fed up of podcasts full stop no matter whose it is ive no interest give me a good audio book any day, buts that's a different moan) so i can't comment on the AD situation in that respect but I do love their vlogs and have to agree that this week they dropped the ball .

I've seen other YouTubers being loaned cars and they simply refer to it in the same way as they would any other ad maybe a 2 or 3 minutes tops to say thank you, it's a lovely vehicle etc but the Buckleys made a decision that every single minute detail of the car needed showing even down to ice scrapper, bottle opener, the boot !

Basically the arcades and chips was 5 mins and the AD was like 15 minutes the pros do it the other way around in fact sometimes it's so subtle that you don't even mind .....this was like a sledge hammer

i think if I was James I'd reflect on it as if the inbetweeners was 10 mins of the programme 20 minutes of adverts people would be pissed off .
No one begrudges them making a living but there's a knack with ads and they shouldn't be longer than the bloody vlog content .
Its a slip up, just own it guys.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I can honestly say as much as I like them I've never listened to any of their podcasts (just fed up of podcasts full stop no matter whose it is ive no interest give me a good audio book any day, buts that's a different moan) so i can't comment on the AD situation in that respect but I do love their vlogs and have to agree that this week they dropped ball .

I've seen other YouTubers being loaned cars and they simply refer to it in the same way as they would any other ad maybe a 2 or 3 minutes tops to say thank you, it's a lovely vehicle etc but the Buckleys made a decision that every single minute detail of the car needed showing even down to ice scrapper, bottle opener, the boot !

Basically the arcades and chips was 5 mins and the AD was like 15 minutes the pros do it the other way around in fact sometimes it's so subtle that you don't even mind .....this was like a sledge hammer

i think if I was James I'd reflect on it as if the inbetweeners was 10 mins of the programme 20 minutes of adverts people would be pissed off .
No one begrudges them making a living but there's a knack with ads and they shouldn't be longer than the bloody vlog content .
Its a slip up, just own it guys.
Honestly, I dare you to listen to one of their latest podcast episodes! I would hate to know what it's like for people who don't pay for Spotify Premium and get to listen to even more ads on top of theirs!

• Wow
I get really confused knowing what episode I’m on as they just repeat the same ads throughout. I’ve only found the podcast recently but already I see them turning into Chris and Rosie Ramsay.

Honestly, I dare you to listen to one of their latest podcast episodes! I would hate to know what it's like for people who don't pay for Spotify Premium and get to listen to even more ads on top of theirs!
Its only over the past month they've started doing the endless Ads during the podcast. Once they joined a management company everything started to change

I think James was always in it for the freebies..
I do think it started organically in lockdown with zero expectation because none of us knew what the hell was going on week by week in those days and with talk of him making a million just from quick online messages to people I doubt he was gagging for free stuff to fill their home like your average influencer

However I do think soon there could be some big ticket things cropping up like free exclusive holidays destinations, or maybe even TV projects like a meet the Richardson's thing and then the vlogs would just stop altogether, i always feel with James that he wants a big mainstream telly role again 🤔

• Heart
I was watching youtube and it looks like James has mad a real Ad for Volkswagon,with a group of children. It was quite bizarre ,hes driving round picking up random children talking to them about the car and all its features.

• Haha
  • Wow
No video yet today? They said this weeks would be them putting up the decorations.
Wonder if they're sulking after the response that awful ad one got last week 😂

Reactions: 1