James and Carys #15 Amber still swaddled like it's the norm...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How funny is it that Amber is magically sleeping through just after Elle announces that Saint is now waking in the night 😂 Haha those two are ultimate frenemies!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
How funny is it that Amber is magically sleeping through just after Elle announces that Saint is now waking in the night 😂 Haha those two are ultimate frenemies!
i feel its more gloating on carys side. i think elle is just being honest. carys is just trying to one up or seem better

Reactions: 10
I am not being fat phobic please don’t tell me what I’m being.
This graph shows that doing those things lowers mortality. That’s great. My question is how many people got themselves to morbidly obese by regular exercise and eating well?

My second thought is those who weren’t previously doing those things and then begin to exercise regularly and fill up using more fruits and vegetables will more thank likely see some weight loss as a result of this.
This is EXACTLY my point. Two people could eat the EXACT same food, both non smokers, both teetotal, both exercise the same amount and yet one could be bigger than the other. This is because despite what diet culture and other misinformation is sprouted in the world, your size is NOT 100% determined by what you do or do not do. 70% of your weight is determined by GENTIC factors!
Everybody is out here pretending they’re not fatphobic and saying “oh but if you just eat better and exercise a bit more you’ll be a size that society approves of”
But it’s not at simple as that as to suggest otherwise is completely ignorant and problematic.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is EXACTLY my point. Two people could eat the EXACT same food, both non smokers, both teetotal, both exercise the same amount and yet one could be bigger than the other. This is because despite what diet culture and other misinformation is sprouted in the world, your size is NOT 100% determined by what you do or do not do. 70% of your weight is determined by GENTIC factors!
Everybody is out here pretending they’re not fatphobic and saying “oh but if you just eat better and exercise a bit more you’ll be a size that society approves of”
But it’s not at simple as that as to suggest otherwise is completely ignorant and problematic.
I'd love to see some sort of study or proof of somebody eating healthy food within their calorie limit and regularly exercising and being seriously overweight. I just don't believe that's possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'd love to see some sort of study or proof of somebody eating healthy food within their calorie limit and regularly exercising and being seriously overweight. I just don't believe that's possible.
Who decides what the calorie limit is for each person? What is the scientific definition of “seriously overweight”?

Reactions: 1
At no point have I said if you ear better and exercise you’ll be the size that society of approves of. However, for the MAJORITY of people if they eat a better diet and exercise they will lose SOME weight. It’s calories in vs calories out.

Nobody here is saying that everyone should be the same size. Nobody is saying it’s bad to be be a bigger than average. It is without a shadow of a doubt irresponsible to promote sitting on your bum all day and eating mukbangs full of junk food but it’s ok cos we are body positive.

Body positivity is a good thing. But so is exercise and eating healthy. If you genuinely do all those things and you are still morbidly obese there’s probably another health issue at play.

Again size is not 100percent A direct result of what is eaten and how much you move. But you can’t deny It’s a large part of it. The majority of people who are obese and morbidly obese have a bad diet and don’t exercise enough. It doesn’t make them bad people. It’s just a fact of science.

Who decides what the calorie limit is for each person? What is the scientific definition of “seriously overweight”?
Calorie limit for each person if you’re talking in terms of how much you ‘generally need’ is based on expenditure. If you don’t want to gain tonnes of weight you need to be eating the amount that’s right for what your body is burning off. Of course everyone needs different but if you just look at the RDA for men and women and stay around there you wouldn’t go far wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s not weaning time right now it’s just awake
Time. No doubt when Amber is walking it will be active time
😂 and when she’s potty training it will be potty time 😂
I can’t wait till Amber drops naps and ‘sleep time’ is less 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This is not true at all. Yes studies showed that if you and your family is obese you have a higher potency to have proopimelanocortin receptor, leptin or leptin receptor mutation which cause leptin resistency and cant regulate your apetite the way you should but this is on its own will not make you overweight, it just makes easier to eat way more and gain weight for you. But if this is the case it is shoild be affect you from your childhood, not from your twenties. So maybe there are factors which can be hereditary with a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle on its own wont make you fat. There are some cases when you are right and its determined in your chromosome and you can say thats genetic but that syndromes are not that common and I think no one of us speaking about them like Prader-Willi or Bardet-Biedl syndrome for example. And in those cases when there are no chromosomal syndrome and it "seems like" the weight is determined by genetics because mom and dad also obese usually the main causes are the lifestyle they live and their eating habits.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How is she morbidly obese? Nayla I mean. How? She is big but duck me you guys are acting like she’s one of those Americans who need a fork lift and the side of their house removed to leave the house?!

slim does not automatically = healthy and being bigger does not = unhealthy

health is far more complex than thin vs fat and the fat phobia in this group is horrifying

people like you guys are exactly why the “body positivity” community exists

you hate what they stand for yet your attitudes towards people in bigger Body’s are what caused this entire movement
Stop including EVERYONE when it was one persons comment/opinion and get yourself a camomile tea to calm down.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Yel

Maybe start a general thread on weight and diet in advice to stop this going offtopic?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Hey guys I'm new here but just wanted to let you know I've just finished my weaning time, going to pick my kids up from their awake time at school and probably see some mum friends there, then get my mum uniform on and go to my mum job! Can't wait to put my hair in a mum bun and stick my mum pyjamas on ready for sleep time!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Hey guys I'm new here but just wanted to let you know I've just finished my weaning time, going to pick my kids up from their awake time at school and probably see some mum friends there, then get my mum uniform on and go to my mum job! Can't wait to put my hair in a mum bun and stick my mum pyjamas on ready for sleep time!
#mumlife

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is not true at all. Yes studies showed that if you and your family is obese you have a higher potency to have proopimelanocortin receptor, leptin or leptin receptor mutation which cause leptin resistency and cant regulate your apetite the way you should but this is on its own will not make you overweight, it just makes easier to eat way more and gain weight for you. But if this is the case it is shoild be affect you from your childhood, not from your twenties. So maybe there are factors which can be hereditary with a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle on its own wont make you fat. There are some cases when you are right and its determined in your chromosome and you can say thats genetic but that syndromes are not that common and I think no one of us speaking about them like Prader-Willi or Bardet-Biedl syndrome for example. And in those cases when there are no chromosomal syndrome and it "seems like" the weight is determined by genetics because mom and dad also obese usually the main causes are the lifestyle they live and their eating habits.
But whatever the problem is, Carys has just gotten fatter and lazy. I started following her for the fitness. But I dont like the way this 'trend' is going on, where its ok to be overweight and happy, because later on in life, you will not be happy when you are getting ill. I have it first hand with my sister and family. But its Carys and James who are are focusing on, nobody else here. They just piggies, when they wasnt. Simples heh

Reactions: 19
It’s just typical Carys all over again not being honest at the time only being truthful once things have changed. She didn’t mention Amber not sleeping when she wasn’t sleeping, suddenly she’s done it and now she can be honest about it. It’s true what someone else said as well milestones like rolling, crawling etc all disturb sleep.
Just seems to me well timed with Elle darbys confession that saint is suddenly not sleeping.
It’s such a competition with them two it makes me uncomfy.

‘Mama is ready’ must she really refer to herself as a mum about everything. No you’re just ready. It drives me insane.
She such a f**king lying piece of s**t and I messed her saying the same I thought amber slept through the night as she said she was an amazing sleeper and now she admits she wasn’t. Just like with her weight she said she loved being that weight and lifestyle but now she’s says it was a very unhealthy relationship she had with her body I guarantee you that in a few years she would admit that she had PPD and had bonding issues with amber.

Reactions: 8
I wish she’d just shut the duck up to be honest 😂 I hate that every paragraph is like ‘don’t worry, dont be hard on yourself if your child isn’t doing this or that’ who does she think she is 🙄

Reactions: 22
At the end of the day, why does anyone else actually care if Amber sleeps through the night or not?

She's so self serving and insensitive to other mums. Imagine opening Instagram and reading that post after getting a grand total of 2 hours of sleep with your baby.

Carys love, go DIY yourself some bleeping compassion.

Reactions: 17
So them uploading 3/4 times a week just means their usual hour long weekly vlog split into 3 vlogs? 😂😂

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.