James and Carys #15 Amber still swaddled like it's the norm...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you notice when she posts pictures of Amber's meals, they always put way too much on her plate. She's literally been on solids a month, there is no need for how much they serve. Firstly it doesn't teach them about healthy and appropriate portions, and secondly it can be sensory overload for them. At this age where her primary source of calories and nutrition should be from milk, they only need to give one piece of each component of the meal (eg. One finger side piece of toast with butter, 1/4 of a hard boiled egg, small amount of fruit). Food before one is just for fun and all that.
If she eats all of that and is still interested in eating, then sure add a little more of course.

Sorry to go all Mumsnet, but this is one I feel quite passionate about 😅
So true, my little one is 2 weeks older than amber and he’s still on 1 meal a day, we’re only just introducing a second meal but for his main meal he will literally have a small portion of risotto or whatever and a bit of veg!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm starting to wonder how I managed to feed 2 children in the form of baby led (not mush CARYS, that's not baby led) weaning without a book or a course? I'll be doing it again in 6 months too.. And calling it BREAKFAST LUNCH TEA😱

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm starting to wonder how I managed to feed 2 children in the form of baby led (not mush CARYS, that's not baby led) weaning without a book or a course? I'll be doing it again in 6 months too.. And calling it BREAKFAST LUNCH TEA😱
That’s because you’re not an idiot. Also thought the same about all the mush. Never known anyone to mash so much food and call it BLW

Reactions: 12
That’s because you’re not an idiot. Also thought the same about all the mush. Never known anyone to mash so much food and call it BLW
I think because they are doing loaded spoons it can kinda be classed as BLW. I do the occasional food where she has loaded spoons like porridge (and tries to grab it with her hands too🤣) but Carys seems to do it everyday. I think they are trying to expose her to lots of different tastes, hence the mashing food up into yogurt or egg salad etc, and probably because she might eat a bit more of that type of food rather than finger food. She seems like she will only be happy if amber eats lots of it rather than just being happy her baby is exploring new tastes, textures, how to move food in her hand, and move it in her mouth

Reactions: 9
Does this baby not own a jacket? I think it’s freezing outside, I’ve been wrapping my son up with jackets and hats the past few weeks!
Makes me so mad seeing how underdressed she always is. When Amber was first born they kept putting hats on her before someone told them she didn't need to wear hats inside now. It's almost like they think that means she never needs to wear one now she's older! Babies loose so much heat from their heads, put a hat on the poor child at least!

Reactions: 28
I just don’t get it, they’re both in big fluffy coats and amber is in a thin body suit?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 16
hiePadRmzP.jpg

Not being funny but what big events does Carys get invited to? 🤣

this basically just means "I'm jealous Elle gets to go out and do things by herself because she's bottle feeding, so I've frantically been trying to get amber to use a bottle so I can have more insufferable ME TIME"🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She’s talking tit too - the only way isn’t to do it by six weeks, recommendation is not to introduce a bottle until breastfeeding is established, so after 6 weeks is the guidance. It’s irresponsible of her as an influencer to dish out inaccurate advice, she’s not an IBCLC so has no qualification to give advice out! I know plenty of mums who have introduced bottles after 6 weeks and their babies have taken to them fine, you just have to be consistent.

Reactions: 23
just having a little browse through her latest vlog and they just annoy me so much!! imagine getting paid so much for doing the bare minimum that you can go out and purchase a new £150 microwave and a shark hoover!
also carys needs to get her act together! her upstairs was such a mess because she "didn't have time" to pack it away! she has more time than most but is just so lazy! even before amber she used to constantly leave tit lying around
also cant open the door in her bra but can post a vlog online for thousands to see whilst just wandering around in a bra....make that make sense?

Reactions: 18
‘Below area’ ‘bits’ ‘down there’ ‘down below’ - Carys you’re 25 even my 3 year old can say vulva and vagina without blushing. If you’re going to talk about it and try and encourage your followers to go for their smear use the correct terms please.

Reactions: 31
That’s far too much food 🙈 wouldn’t be surprised if she was sick not long after that 🙈 mines nearly 8 months and has breakfast and dinner but it’s the tiniest amount she has half a weetabix or a drop of porridge in the morning and then for dinner whatever veg we have with our dinner I usually mash it up for her, she sometimes gets a snack in the afternoon but that’s about it

Reactions: 6
‘Below area’ ‘bits’ ‘down there’ ‘down below’ - Carys you’re 25 even my 3 year old can say vulva and vagina without blushing. If you’re going to talk about it and try and encourage your followers to go for their smear use the correct terms please.
glad she’s talked about her smear test, the more awareness about the importance of them the better in my opinion… but as with all her content it just falls short, it’s not informative, it’s not particularly helpful and most people won’t bother to read that much text on an Instagram story

Reactions: 16
"The glass tube thing"... you mean a speculum, Carys. She does so much research into baby stuff and posts every minor detail of what she's doing with Amber despite most of her following not having kids and being young girls, she'd be better off being knowledgable & educational on these kinds of things. I remember watching Zoe Sugg's video before my first smear where she actually filmed her own and spoke with the practice nurse for a Q&A after and it was sooooo useful and put my mind at such ease beforehand.

This would've been a good content opportunity for her, not exactly to film her own as I know she gets anxious but to do a Q&A on her stories even, rather than daily posts about awake time and weaning which isn't relatable to most of her followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Shes so full of ***🤢🤢 she wants more me time To go on events 🤦‍♂️coming from a girl Who has husband by her side 24/7 and has all the free time one can get! My baby is 2.5 months has colic and My man works a lot!! She wouldnt survive a day in My life atm. There is No free time or me time. I cant stand her. She is so privilaged and full of crap. She seems so naive and dumb and just purely annoying. How do they have followers?? Her life is all about preaching fake body posi crap and hoarding stuff she doesnt need.

Reactions: 20
Going by elles vlogs she seems to have "bounced back" quicker than carys which I'm sure will be driving her mad and I think that's why she's pushing this body confidence narrative so heavily
Elle (not her biggest fan) but she has been honest with how much she's struggled with her post baby body and has for the looks of things done a lot of working out etc.
Whereas carys seems to be pushing this whole oh I'm.happier now than when I was fit crap and is almost acting like people should be ashamed of themselves if they do want to try and lose some baby weight.
I for one, being honest, don't like my post baby body at all, and I have to say I relate more to elle as I am too getting married and want to feel great in my dress and lose the baby weight, over carys who's sitting basically saying I should just be happy as I am and accept it (whilst she filters every photo and exercises daily)
I honestly think if the weight fell off her after having Amber, which I think she thought it would, she would be pushing a completely different narrative and would be pushing her "post baby workout routine" on everyone
Elle edits the tit out of her body for in photos/videos as well

Reactions: 8
Her description of a smear test actually makes it sound awful. "Glass tube" "burning sensation" "getting your bits out". For duck sake woman. I've had mine, plus several examinations, childbirth etc and her description puts me off 😂 smear tests don't usually bother me at all.

What she meant to say is that the nurse allows you to strip your bottom half off and gives you a sheet to cover yourself up. They'll ask you to relax, insert the speculum which is like a small tube that opens a small amount like tongs. Then small swab goes in for a few seconds which you'll barely feel and then you're done. A bit uncomfortable at most, but over very quickly.

I'm sure most women here have had theirs, but this is just an example of a nicer way to describe it in my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.