James and Carys #15 Amber still swaddled like it's the norm...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because the weaning time course doesn’t allow it yet
And god forbid they should feed Amber anything that isn’t from the course!! :O lol! Why do they even need a course? God, how did all these parents manage to raise children without courses!! Surely it’s just common sense to try certain things? You don’t need a course to tell you what foods to try or how to make them? It’s like they can’t do or say anything that isn’t from a book or course or something they read on line! So regimented and by the book all the time! It’s crazy!! I don’t have kids but my brother does and honestly, they were never anything like that! Lol! Neither was anyone I know that’s had kids!

Reactions: 23
I just give my baby a bit of what I'm eating for most meals, just have her portion appropriately cut up etc. haven't got the time or quite frankly want to be cooking a whole separate meal for her each time.

and 3 eggs is a lot for a baby by itself, but with the yogurt and apple too? sometimes 3 eggs fill me up, so surely they aren't actually giving amber that much, and she defo isn't eating all that if they think she has tongue tie issues

Reactions: 16
I just give my baby a bit of what I'm eating for most meals, just have her portion appropriately cut up etc. haven't got the time or quite frankly want to be cooking a whole separate meal for her each time.

and 3 eggs is a lot for a baby by itself, but with the yogurt and apple too? sometimes 3 eggs fill me up, so surely they aren't actually giving amber that much, and she defo isn't eating all that if they think she has tongue tie issues
Yea I don’t have kids but I remember my parents doing that with my brother when he was a baby, just had bits of what he had, that was a long time ago so I get advice changes but worked fine back then! My brother and sister in law did the same, they def weren’t faffing around making all this separate food or doing courses and crap! But then, they didn’t have the time! They both worked full time and my sister in law went back to work full time after 6mths so they had to get in with things! They didn’t have the luxury of swanning around the house all day doing naff all! Lol!

Reactions: 8
Fast forward to hearing all about the joys of the inevitable Potty Training course.... "Amber's having Potty training time during her awake time. Guys these #gifted Pull Ups are so unbelievabley lush and soft and stretchy" 😴🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 38
3 eggs is alot isn't it?? For a baby? Or am I being stupid 😂 I mean if I eat eggs I won't have more than two and thats deffo filling enough

Reactions: 17
3 eggs is alot isn't it?? For a baby? Or am I being stupid 😂 I mean if I eat eggs I won't have more than two and thats deffo filling enough
Yea… I normally have two, 3 at a push if I want more as scrambled eggs ass 2 doesn’t make loads but I’m a fully grown adult! Lol! 3 seems a LOT for a baby!

Reactions: 7
Sorry but ambers legs looked purple when they were in curry’s 😟
Ironic how she's stood there wearing a hoodie, coat & shoes, holding Amber who is just in a long sleeved vest trousers (no socks, coat, hat, not even a jumper!) Talking about how she's not freezing her baby as people have questioned why Amber isn't wearing socks. My baby is 5 months old, and I always go by the rule of 1 more layer than I'm wearing when getting him dressed! Almost neglectful taking Amber out dressed like that!

Reactions: 24
It’s like they’ve got no common sense - they read something and just go and do that. The course says 3 eggs? Cool, Amber you’re having that. Read that no socks is good for the baby? We’ll take her out with no socks in the freezing cold then!

Reactions: 20
The toddler age is going to hit them hard. Can’t implement all these plans and use logic with a toddler that just wants to cause carnage

• Haha
Reactions: 26
For babies Amber's age - a third of an egg to one whole one a day. Babies over 12 months can have seven a week

Reactions: 8
It’s quite obvious they’re both over eaters and now with Amber eating 3 eggs I’m really not surprised.

Reactions: 18
If you notice when she posts pictures of Amber's meals, they always put way too much on her plate. She's literally been on solids a month, there is no need for how much they serve. Firstly it doesn't teach them about healthy and appropriate portions, and secondly it can be sensory overload for them. At this age where her primary source of calories and nutrition should be from milk, they only need to give one piece of each component of the meal (eg. One finger side piece of toast with butter, 1/4 of a hard boiled egg, small amount of fruit). Food before one is just for fun and all that.
If she eats all of that and is still interested in eating, then sure add a little more of course.

Sorry to go all Mumsnet, but this is one I feel quite passionate about 😅

Reactions: 23
Carys is acting like Amber is like a baby from the Sims
Like she's got a bar over her head that tells carys she must be fed right now, she must be put to bed right now
Does someone want to tell carys that it won't just take 4 times of taking the baby to "potty training" for Amber to learn how to use it

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Could she be standing with her legs any wider apart?! It looks so stupid!
Lol! I saw that pic and thought exactly the same! I don’t think I’ve ever stood around like that in general, not on purpose anyway and def not for a photo! I think she does it so that it looks as thought she has a thigh gap though….I can’t think of any other reason!!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.