Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jameela is just absolutely insufferable, and she is like so many other women I've come across on the internet who are "chronically ill" (and there are thousands out there, just search the #spoonie tag on Instagram šŸ¤¢) and make their health issues the front and foremost issue, the type of people whose Facebook feeds read like a never-ending, depressing "woe-is-me" novel, like a desperate cry for any sort of attention but they rarely get it. Imagine being so boring you have to fabricate health problems to gain sympathy-based attention.

Reactions: 17
I really hope Tracie Morrissey pushes her on the "cervical cancer" she's supposedly had twice because you can guarantee it is a load of tit and at the very worst had abnormal cells that MAY have turned into cancer if left untreated, but in her twisted mind has turned that into a full-blown cancer diagnosis. She is bleeping disgusting.

Reactions: 23
Now she's wheeling out her boyfriend, (even though she has just come out and said she's queer, I mean, why now??? šŸ˜‰ and maintains she is a feminist) to do her dirty work!! He's been told to verify her illnesses just like a child at school would say, 'well ask my mum!' Add together all the accidents, minor ailments, invisible diseases and near diagnoses, (there's a lot) and you might just find one illness Jameela, fabricated illness!

Reactions: 6
This is a comment from reddit thatI found very interesting about JJ

"Iā€™m in a Bravo FB group and someone that is friends with James Blake (her bf) has horrific stories of Jameelaā€™s emotional abuse and gaslighting of James. Iā€™ll never look at her kindly.
*edit* some of her comments:
For example: just googled if she and James Blake were still dating, and the first article that popped up was about how their ā€œrelationship is filled with so much mutual supportā€... yā€™all, she is so withholding with him that he *genuinely* believes he *canā€™t digest food* if sheā€™s not around him. She has him so twisted, itā€™s actually sad.

She constantly accuses him of cheating when heā€™s on tour, and will withhold all physical affection from him when he returns, until he ā€œdetoxesā€ from all the things he did while he was away from her (food he ate, things he touched, etc.)

i want to believe her activism is genuine, but I also know she engages in negative self-talk about her own body, and makes unnecessary comments about othersā€™ bodies all the time. I get itā€™s hard to love yourself *all* the time, but at least *try* to practice what you preach, ya know?

One that comes to mind was an interview - with Seth Meyers, I think - where she talked about getting ready to audition for The Good Place, and how she accidentally grabbed a vibrator instead of a curling iron because sheā€™d never curled her own hair. The only part of that story thatā€™s true is that sheā€™s never had to curl her own hair... she didnā€™t even have to audition for that show. They wrote the character for her. Itā€™s based ON HER. Like, how terrible her character is, is based on her"

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I remember when she first came onto the scene circa 2009 and was presenting T4. She was touted as the new "it-girl", a replacement for Alexa Chung (who is equally as annoying), and I remember her being in all of the fashion and beauty magazines (I cannot find these interviews anywhere on the internet, they have disappeared into the ether somehow), being interviewed about how supposedly she's a larger woman with curves, confusing considering she is actually thin. She definitely has a victim complex, and quite clearly has issues with her weight and body image despite what drivel she spouts about self-acceptance.

Reactions: 7
Yes, that's what I don't get! When was she actually plus size?! šŸ¤”

That stunt with the bag of peas on her face at some awards show was bloody hilarious!!

So glad thereā€™s a thread on her! I have been suspicious of her for a long, long time. Thereā€™s just something incredibly off centre about her.

Iā€™m going to read the full thread now and report back with my thoughts. As someone mentioned here, I too have known people with several (I often suspect self diagnosed for a lot) chronic illnesses that they use to define their whole identity, their whole social media presence, the lot. I also know people who fight chronic illnesses every day and do their occasional bit for raising awareness. Iā€™m not saying never talk about it but if youā€™ve known anyone in these two groups youā€™ll know thereā€™s a clear difference between them. I suspect Jameela is the former.

I actually worked with a woman who said she had fibromyalgia. It was a big open plan office and often she would walk to the toilet severely limping on one leg then we would watch her walk back severely limping on the other šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 20
In the podcast they found that when she mentioned the cancer she responded to someone via twitter that HPV got her good. I donā€™t know about HPV but isnā€™t it a virus and not cancer? As in donā€™t they get rid of the cells because itā€™s at risk of turning into cancer?

Reactions: 5
In the podcast they found that when she mentioned the cancer she responded to someone via twitter that HPV got her good. I donā€™t know about HPV but isnā€™t it a virus and not cancer? As in donā€™t they get rid of the cells because itā€™s at risk of turning into cancer?
That's exactly it. It grows on the cervix and can possibly turn cancerous if left untreated for many years. My friend found out she had it after a routine smear and had an outpatient procedure to laser them away.

I'm almost a year in remission from lymphoma and the fact this tit of a woman is using HPV as her ticket into being granted "cancer patient" status is sickening, and I really hope she never has to experience the living nightmare that is chemotherapy.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I remember when she first came onto the scene circa 2009 and was presenting T4. She was touted as the new "it-girl", a replacement for Alexa Chung (who is equally as annoying), and I remember her being in all of the fashion and beauty magazines (I cannot find these interviews anywhere on the internet, they have disappeared into the ether somehow), being interviewed about how supposedly she's a larger woman with curves, confusing considering she is actually thin. She definitely has a victim complex, and quite clearly has issues with her weight and body image despite what drivel she spouts about self-acceptance.
When her mother commented on Daily Mail articles she was always rude about Alexa, so I take it Jameela doesnā€™t like her either!

Reactions: 1
... she didnā€™t even have to audition for that show. They wrote the character for her. Itā€™s based ON HER. Like, how terrible her character is, is based on her"
I don't mean to go on the Jameela defensive but on The Good Place podcast the actress who plays Vicky said she also auditioned for Tahani. There's also an episode with the casting director where she talked about finding the actress for Tahani, she also wasn't really known in America then so I don't know how Michael Schur would have known her to base that character on her.

Another health issue, a massive operation now? How is that girl still breathing?!

mod edit - a message for all users.
please be respectful towards other members and do not engage in any arguments, if the thread goes off topic or members start arguments hit report and allow staff to deal with it.
Thank you. šŸ˜Š

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2
I actually really donā€™t mind Alexa, she doesnā€™t take herself too seriously and has had a good career in the fashion industry re TV & editorials. Her YouTube videos are quite funny and her new show on Netflix with Tan from Queer eye is v.good! I know itā€™s a personal opinion but I donā€™t think sheā€™s anywhere near on the crazy/annoying scale as Jameela is. Iā€™d hazard a guess if anything that Jameelas jealous of her as they donā€™t seem to get on or Alexa sees her bullshit for what it is!

Rick Edwards who used to present on T4 with Jameela publicly threw some shade her way on Twitter a while back because she said something about her T4 days that was a bit offensive. Iā€™ll try find it and post!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Another health issue, a massive operation now? How is that girl still breathing?!

mod edit - a message for all users.
please be respectful towards other members and do not engage in any arguments, if the thread goes off topic or members start arguments hit report and allow staff to deal with it.
Thank you. šŸ˜Š
Not sure I was engaging in an argument?! šŸ¤”I was merely being sarcastic about the extract that was posted, not the poster!! Sorry if anyone got offended!

Reactions: 3
Not sure I was engaging in an argument?! šŸ¤”I was merely being sarcastic about the extract that was posted, not the poster!! Sorry if anyone got offended!
I don't think it was aimed at you. They just deleted the comments from the folk arguing about hidden illnesses and yours just happened to be the last undeleted comment.šŸ‘

Reactions: 9
Reading back on her DMs to the journo I am so angry sheā€™s done the whole ā€œAs a mother I hope you can be a nicer personā€ slant sort of thing. I HATE THAT tit. Itā€™s up there with ā€œWhat happened to women lifting up other womenā€. Two lazy as duck arguments Iā€™ve seen fellow women use when theyā€™ve been called out on their bullshit. The mother one gets me the most you see it all the time online. ā€œAnyway stop arguing with me and go look after your childrenā€ Woman, itā€™s 10pm at night, theyā€™re in bed and I want to speak to you about how youā€™re a head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She seems to be spending SO much time battling people on Twitter, constantly on the defensive with her sarcastic little āœŒ at the end... she really needs to just put the internet down and step away for a little while.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.