Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked her in the beginning not gonna lie - I thought she was doing a lot of good by opening up a discussion on body positivity (which, I think you can be body positive and want to lose weight if you feel you are unhealthy) and influencer culture...but she's really fucked it.

I just think she thinks she's above criticism. Like recently, when black LGBT people were trying to call her out on being a ballroom judge, she came out as queer...as if that makes their criticism less valid. I don't even think the criticism was about her not being LGBT, but about her not being black and not being the right fit for the show.

All of these illnesses/major stories too...I know some people have bad luck, but how much stuff has she allegedly been through now? The only one I can think of that maybe checks out is the whole having asthma and being on steroids, because her weight gain was publicly documented.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Odd she’s now defending her mother when her mother used to tweet the messages Jameela sent her that were not nice at all.

She’s probably worried now that a story will come out about how badly she has treated her mother over the years.

Reactions: 7
I agree with leaving her mother and brother out of it, though, even if she is yapping on Twitter and he has published a book. Clearly a serious issue there.

Reactions: 6
I agree with leaving her mother and brother out of it, though, even if she is yapping on Twitter and he has published a book. Clearly a serious issue there.
The book her brother published was not exactly a bestseller. He’s not well known in the literary world!

I agree leave them out if it but her mother always had a public twitter account and was a prolific poster on Daily Mail comments so there was a comparison on how they both have numerous medical problems. Her mother always said on DM she was housebound and couldn’t walk but later went on holiday and posted a video of herself riding a bike!

However, I’m glad to see her defending her mother after years of her not wanting anything to do with her.

Reactions: 2
Tracie said in her podcast that she had found out other stuff about Jameela,presumable to do with her family but she wasn’t going to bring that stuff up as she felt that would be below the belt-I think she mentioned her family once or twice previously but really she has just been sticking to Jameela’s own comments and interviews and tweets so I don’t know why Jameela felt the need to bring that up

Reactions: 8
Tracie said in her podcast that she had found out other stuff about Jameela,presumable to do with her family but she wasn’t going to bring that stuff up as she felt that would be below the belt-I think she mentioned her family once or twice previously but really she has just been sticking to Jameela’s own comments and interviews and tweets so I don’t know why Jameela felt the need to bring that up
She did quote something from her mother’s twitter with a list of all her health problems and said the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Odd she’s now defending her mother when her mother used to tweet the messages Jameela sent her that were not nice at all.

She’s probably worried now that a story will come out about how badly she has treated her mother over the years.
I think she's got bigger things to worry about, such as if her talking about a Cancer diagnosis turns out to be fake, her career is over.

Reactions: 3
Wow! Those screenshots were A LOT. Why is she so obsessed with clearing her name? If it was such a ridiculous, unbelievable rumour why are you giving it the time of day?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Reactions: 13
Wow! Those screenshots were A LOT. Why is she so obsessed with clearing her name? If it was such a ridiculous, unbelievable rumour why are you giving it the time of day?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
if you knew you'd lied about having cancer you might freak out too lol

Reactions: 6
The pictures of her posing with a bag of frozen veg over her cheek is so bleeping pathetic it’s unreal,just screams attention seeking. She has serious issues,maybe instead of biting back at people for exposing her she should take a step back and look at herself

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate this whole ‘women shouldn’t bring down other women’ narrative she tries to push on anyone who disagrees with her.
If you’re a crappy person, or have done crappy things I’ll call you out no matter who you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
In
I hate this whole ‘women shouldn’t bring down other women’ narrative she tries to push on anyone who disagrees with her.
If you’re a crappy person, or have done crappy things I’ll call you out no matter who you are.
I agree! Like the Bee story and Mark Ronson said there was two bees max. She calls anyone who believes his side of the story a misogynist 😂🤔????

Holy tit those screenshots were intense. I love how Tracie literally just didn't respond and JJ made herself look like an idiot by ranting

Well Jameela has dropped herself in it with those DMs. Protested FAR too much.

Reactions: 2
Yet she constantly brings down other women with her 'feminism'. Models, Kardashians etc etc. I'm not saying these people are beyond criticism but she has been pretty vile towards the Kardashians, which doesn't really fit her 'women support women' narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
OHHHH I have been waiting for this day to come! I really really think this is going to open a can of worms which will be very very tricky for her to get out off (hoorraaayyy!!)
She's the ultimate attention seeker - steals experiences from other people and makes them her own. The number of lies she must have told in order to be relevant is huge and the worst thing about this is that she then uses this to preach at people in the most condescending, superior way. She can't handle criticism of any type and I think this will really be getting to her. woo!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The comedian Jayde Adams has a good bit about Jameela in her Amazon special 'Serious Black Jumper'. I can't find a clip to put here but I did find this quote from an interview Jayde did which about covers it:

You have other women jumping on various bandwagons. Jameela Jamil, because it’s not enough for her to be a feminist, she’s jumped on the popularity of body positivity. Honestly, we don’t need your help, I’m not a victim. She claims to be using her platform, but use it for something else. She’s Asian, she can go and do that. Us fat girls don’t need your help. If someone cared so much about image, she wouldn’t use so much of her own. On everything. It’s all about Jameela.

28FC078B-B516-4EA4-A5F8-421BDB9E3364.jpeg

FCFEB692-97B8-4D28-A2A4-37BEE52BAC8C.jpeg

I was reading through her tweets and this actually has me lost for words. Instead of acknowledging she over exaggerated, which she could easily say ‘haha yeah there was only a few, I was being overdramatic because I really hate bees’ SHE INSISTS someone else is a liar?? She’s the Gaslighter insisting everyone else is a racist, sexist, homophobic misogynist

Reactions: 26
I don’t know what sort of bees they have over in America but I got caught in the middle of a swarm once and it was not as dramatic as she makes out. There was hundreds of bees but they just pootle about doing their swarmy thing, they don’t bother people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.