Jameela Jamil #3 Bees, cancer, saying I'm queer; all to enhance and extend my career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been quiet on the JJ front so I’ll take any little scraps there are. Watching the new series of Bad Education on iplayer and one character just said to another (annoying) character “bloody hell, you’re like if Jameela Jamil’s Twitter feed came to life” 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 29
For those who watch the TV show Poker Face (it's on Peacock) - JJ is a guest star on episode 6. Let's just say it is a satisfying episode!

Reactions: 5
Though I don't think he realises is that rejecting her mother was the smart thing to do as she is an even greater narcissist - sadly it turns out she never really got free of the patterns her mother set for her behaviour.
I do think this is quite sad, she knew enough to get away from her abusive mother (a hard thing to do, I know and I commend her for that) but not enough to meaningfully change her own behaviour. She nearly made it.... I feel for her in that sense as there is no way she can be happy with herself how she is.

The damage abusive parents do is so invasive and takes a lot of work to heal from. I can't stand Jameela and think she does a lot of harm but I feel sorry for her more than anything else.

Reactions: 3
Thoughts on the post about men being banned from leaving the house for 2 hours a day everyday so she can go on a run and not feel like a “victim”
---
Thoughts on the post about men being banned from leaving the house for 2 hours a day everyday so she can go on a run and not feel like a “victim”
I get women have been attacked, I get there is systemic sexism in the police force and many other professions. But seriously, you can go on a run. Like I don’t believe women genuinely walk about 24/7 with keys between their fingers and don’t run for fear of getting Sarah Everard’ed

Reactions: 4
---

I get women have been attacked, I get there is systemic sexism in the police force and many other professions. But seriously, you can go on a run. Like I don’t believe women genuinely walk about 24/7 with keys between their fingers and don’t run for fear of getting Sarah Everard’ed
Not quite, but a lot of us are on high alert when walking some place alone these days.
There’s routes I don’t take anymore for instance.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t go out a walk or run at night and even during the day I stick to busy places. So yeah, women are on high alert pretty much at all times. I wish it wasn’t this way but there you go. Two women a week are killed at the hands of men and we can’t even trust the police to protect us.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
---

are you a man or a woman?

are you a man or a woman?
A woman. Way I see it I can choose not to go about my life afraid of what May or may not happen. Anything bad could happen when you step out your house. We don’t ban cars from driving for 2 hours a day in case one knocks us over in the street?

---

That’s a really gross way to talk about a kidnap, rape and murder of a woman.

Reactions: 27
Yes, making a dead woman’s name shorthand for kidnap rape and murder is offensive.

Reactions: 19
I think the idea of banning men from leaving the house for two hours every day is utterly ridiculous and would solve absolutely nothing. How would that solve, say, domestic violence? Just the typical reactionary kind of comment from JJ. That being said, I also agree with the other posters that it's offensive to use a female murder victims name as a verb

Reactions: 14
I'm a woman and don't agree with what Jameela is saying about men being banned from leaving the house for two hours every day

Reactions: 6
I'm a woman and don't agree with what Jameela is saying about men being banned from leaving the house for two hours every day
I don’t either, but this was all in reply to the poster saying women don’t amend their behaviour due to the danger of being attacked.

Reactions: 4
I don’t either, but this was all in reply to the poster saying women don’t amend their behaviour due to the danger of being attacked.
I think what the poster was trying to say was that for the most part women are not living in fear every minute of the day and TBH it's a fair point. Avoiding certain dodgy places and being on high alert in some places is not the same as constantly living in fear

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.