Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to google that perfume brand, that’s how poor I am, and I’m probably her target audience. So unrelateble. And the 20hrs of work a day. I feel like she started by saying 12 and then it crept up but does anyone believe that someone in her job would sit at a desk for twenty hours. Twenty!
eventually it will be 27 hours per day! had never heard of it either ia assumed it was some expensive wine or something lol

Oh my goodness, that is absolutely disgraceful! She should never be given work again after comments like that 😡
i had totally forgottenshe was sainsburys rep, was jamie oliver after or before her? is that why she hates him so much?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Have also watched with interest how she's got allergies now of Inderterminable nature, which will make for a good book or two as she cuts out allergens and nightshades and all inflammatory ingredients as according to the internet.... coming to a charity shop near all of us soon. 😂
Huh, I think she’s going to go full Munchie. We’ve already had the severe arthritis and walking stick, but the allergies are taking her into Jameela Jamil territory.

Let me know if she claims chronic fatigue syndrome, or Ehler Dankos syndrome, or POTS, or fibromyalgia, or lupus, or Lyme disease. Munchies love those 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I have to admit that I think if you are unable to feed yourself and your child and/or if you are attempting suicide then your child should be taken into care. Not to punish anyone but to ensure the wellbeing of the child and give the parent a chance to get treatment, rest and regroup. No child should have to live with someone who is attempting suicide. I did as a girl and it left scars for life.
I got a distinctly "off" feeling about her from that piece at the very start, the lack of details about her family and son's father (who it turns out are thoroughly decent people, and well able to help her) and the reference to a suicide attempt. The latter seemed to be a sign (if true) of someone who needed far more help than financial, and this was totally glossed over by everyone in the rush to politicise it. I know there are many people who are trapped by poverty, but her story just seemed to be a temporary situation caused by an administrative mess-up, where there was a delay in her housing benefit being paid. I thought I was a mean cow for thinking that at the time but it was from my own experience as a single parent - her account just seemed so hyperbolic and it didn't ring true.

It's a shame because the broader points are valid and there are so many people who could use a voice to speak up for them. I don't think it's her though.

Reactions: 12
* Off topic but chef related.
Guys I'm gutted. The formerly lovely Rick Stein is refusing to pay his laid off workers. I am so surprised and disappointed in him.
What a rich, selfish bastard he’s shown himself to be , twit!

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure the locals of Padstow would be massively surprised by his cunty attitude. He's well known for being a massively self serving fuckwad.
Is he?.

Back in the day after James Martin left Saturday Kitchen Live , Rick hosted and it was car crash tv at its worst (although the Spice Boys were even more terrible).

.......anyway I felt sorry for Rick as he seemed such a nice affable chap.

Now I’m glad it went tits up.

Reactions: 2
I thought about drawing a Venn diagram of Jack, Sali Hughes and Jameela Jamil in terms of expertise, snippiness, histrionics, but realised it's a single circle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Huh, I think she’s going to go full Munchie. We’ve already had the severe arthritis and walking stick, but the allergies are taking her into Jameela Jamil territory.

Let me know if she claims chronic fatigue syndrome, or Ehler Dankos syndrome, or POTS, or fibromyalgia, or lupus, or Lyme disease. Munchies love those 😆
What is a munchie?

Pretty sure her mother has fibro

Munchie as in Munchausens. There are so many women (always women) faking and exaggerating illnesses and disabilities for attention on the internet.

Reactions: 11
So there's the many illnesses, disabilities, ethnic origins, sexualities and gender identities, I predict religion will be next. A conversion to Islam.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had to google that perfume brand, that’s how poor I am, and I’m probably her target audience. So unrelateble. And the 20hrs of work a day. I feel like she started by saying 12 and then it crept up but does anyone believe that someone in her job would sit at a desk for twenty hours. Twenty!
Oh does she work 20 hours a day? She never mentions it....

• Haha
Reactions: 10

or she will just google "obscure medical conditions" and pick one at random so it is more difficult to argue with as people won't be familiar with it

Reactions: 3
Is she ever going to admit she's already profiteered massively from this? All the extra commissions, book sales, traffic to her website plus all the cold hard cash donations.

Not charging people doesn't mean someone is doing it for free 🤦‍♀️ most things are free to use online thesedays

View attachment 99958
This sort of stuff is what makes me think she grew up cushty ...She's being purposefully obtuse, I would have said her Twitter = branding for her, but she actually has THREE channels to convert to £ for her (Patreon, Paypal, and her wesite where I assume you can buy books?). On top of that it is a branding exercise, all time spent engaging grows her audience & brand awareness thus will increase book sales / sponcon rates / opportunities (no TV for her tho oops xo). She's right her Twitter isn't behind a paywall so is free at point of access, but it's disingenuous to act as if she doesn't see any monetary yields off it. I cba to check if she has Google Analytics on her site but I'm going to guess she does, so she'll even be able to quantify what % of traffic and what % of conversions (if there's a check out on site) are via socials. I resent these influencers that act as if we're thick and don't understand how their market works, it's been over a decade of Twitter now we're all savvy hun.

Also the 20 hour work days, a lot of high level execs will count things such as working lunches, golf, travel time, meditation in their office, a yoga class with the company yoga instructor, a suit fitting for an industry event, etc as 'work time' and I suspect she's doing the same & then exaggerating those hours. Has she ever had a proper job where you can't spend all day on Twitter?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.