Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's glaringly obvious shes work shy. Claiming 15-20 hour work days, doing so much. Wants the easy way out to stand/shake in front of the camera while someone else produces. Every excuse under the sun. Nothing but a keyboard warrior.
Yes I have often thought that actually. Lazy. God that will make her mad. I’m sorry but unless you are on some mad pills or something no one can do 20hr days. She has an excuse for bloody everything doesn’t she ?

And another thing ... what does she need an assistant for exactly ? Ridiculous

Reactions: 9
So if she can’t find time for a few 5/10 minute YouTube videos how would she have time to host a tv programme! Surely she realises that she is shooting herself in the foot? if any producer goes through her Twitter they are going to dismiss her immediately.

Reactions: 15
So if she can’t find time for a few 5/10 minute YouTube videos how would she have time to host a tv programme! Surely she realises that she is shooting herself in the foot? if any producer goes through her Twitter they are going to dismiss her immediately.
i don't think she ever thinks before sbe tweets just wants to complain and stir up controversy

Reactions: 5
She has been after a tv show for years and it has never got anywhere so obviously, she can't do it very well.
She even went for lessons in presenting which suprise, suprise she asked for donations for as she was skint as always 🙄
Screenshot_20200325-150326.jpg

Screenshot_20200325-150517.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-150538.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
She needs funding to start a YouTube channel? Weird for anyone let alone someone who uses the word “bootstrap” in their work name.

Reactions: 13
Reactions: 11
This is the issue I have with Jack, they never follow through with anything. Remember when they were going to stand to be an MP?

I know some people find Joe Wicks annoying but at least he’s actually done something? Why can’t Jack do what Joe has done? He’s gone out and bought any professional lighting he needs and is doing it in his living room and will probably get a TV show off the back of it. What is stopping Jack from doing that in the kitchen?

Did anyone else see on the day the brexit vote was done, Jack said they spoiled their vote? This never gets mentioned any more.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I'd go so far as to say that if she's hankering after her own TV show, then many of the TV producers and production companies of shows on mainstream channels will be so put off by her bad attitude, massive ego and constant conflict-making with others in the industry, that she'd be the last choice they'd consider. Having worked alongside other in the past who worked with production companies, it's clear for foodie shows, they want people who the public will feel familiar/ comfortable watching, has an 'inclusive' and approachable persona and behind the scenes, will get on with everyone (runners and guests on shows included). This nasty vicious attitude she has is tv-work suicide so she better get a grip and sort herself out if she wants to get far in tv.

I'm not a fan of Joe Wickes but at least he's being pro-active about getting something done (either for the public and we know he's also doing it for his own benefit to get noticed by tv producers), but Idiot Jack thinks she's too good to do Youtube by herself, and wants everything handed to her on a plate - her own show and help from a production company included.

This is the issue I have with Jack, they never follow through with anything. Remember when they were going to stand to be an MP?

I know some people find Joe Wicks annoying but at least he’s actually done something? Why can’t Jack do what Joe has done? He’s gone out and bought any professional lighting he needs and is doing it in his living room and will probably get a TV show off the back of it. What is stopping Jack from doing that in the kitchen?

Did anyone else see on the day the brexit vote was done, Jack said they spoiled their vote? This never gets mentioned any more.
And also get handouts for doing F-All

She doesn't want to actually do anything she just wants to complain.
She must be taking the piss by now. So difficult to prop your phone up and hit go live. This woman has an assistant too.

Lazy cow that always has to top people. No one works harder than jack, no one pays themselves as little as Jack, no other cooks use tins apart from jack, no one sleeps as little as Jack, no one's house is as small as Jacks (although she has an office with a sofa) and so it goes on..
With all that 'work' she's got sod all to show for it! Nothing worth my while, enjoyable or useful to watch or read.

Last edited:
  • Haha

yeh I think nowadays (maybe except for comedians on panel shows etc) anyone who wants to present needs to start om youtube, why would they hire an inexperienced presenter instead of one who needs little direction (and that is before looking st her Twitter which would inev be publicised if she became more famous)

Reactions: 3
I picked some wild garlic today and made pesto from some sunflower seeds. Far cheaper than the rank old salad bag pond water pesto jack is strangely proud of.

I therefore created wild garlic and sunflower seed pesto and anyone else that ever uses wild garlic or sunflower seeds for pesto stole it from me 🤪 and foraging for that matter 😆

Imagine if a man with a large following went after a woman, called her "that woman" and encouraged hundreds of thousands of people to target her. I'm sure it would be seen as unacceptable, but jack gets away with it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm watching That Man now. He's undeniably a bit of a twit but an extremely soothing, confident twit. Just watching a calm, reassuring man make pasta is what I need right now.

Also, he's just making food with stuff you probably do have but not that necessarily cost 50p to make.
i watched him making pasta too and it was weirdly calming!

Reactions: 8
I love this thread, it’s all so true. I know everyone’s journey is their own and we all get given a different set in life but I’ve found how much she has to complain about really, really odd...

It wouldn’t take much for her to get on insta live and do a few Q&As or live stream herself cooking her dinner as a proof of concept for producers. She just doesn’t have it in her, I really don’t see any work drive at all just a lot of talk.

There’s no way she’s functioning on 4 hours sleep, isn’t she in (12 step) recovery too? No one listening to the program would be living like this. Although arguably the program makes you deploy vigorous self honesty which is also clearly missing here 🙃

Reactions: 16
I picked some wild garlic today and made pesto from some sunflower seeds. Far cheaper than the rank old salad bag pond water pesto jack is strangely proud of.

I therefore created wild garlic and sunflower seed pesto and anyone else that ever uses wild garlic or sunflower seeds for pesto stole it from me 🤪 and foraging for that matter 😆

Imagine if a man with a large following went after a woman, called her "that woman" and encouraged hundreds of thousands of people to target her. I'm sure it would be seen as unacceptable, but jack gets away with it.
This whole thing Jack has created between her and Jamie Oliver is horrible. As you say if it was the other way round his career would be over. I simply do not get why anyone is defending her and supporting this appalling bullying she is encouraging. The job was not hers. He didn't take it away from her. She is a self pitying greedy fucker. I can't believe I used to like her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
i watched him making pasta too and it was weirdly calming!
l‘m not a huge fan but I watched last night and thought the fish pie looked good. I would make that and I’m not an amazing cook. Haven’t been near a supermarket but grabbing some frozen fish if there is any, isn’t something I had thought of.
Beats Jacks ‘use the juice from some fish fingers mixed with an old tin of cannelloni beads and bung in someold tinned anchovies to make fish pie’.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Just watched Jamie and I'm not normally a fan but I really do think he gets 100% what horrible times we are in. Good ideas and tips and compassion. I find it quite upsetting Jack has made it so unpleasant for him. He is not the enemy here.

Reactions: 26
l‘m not a huge fan but I watched last night and thought the fish pie looked good. I would make that and I’m not an amazing cook. Haven’t been near a supermarket but grabbing some frozen fish if there is any, isn’t something I had thought of.
Beats Jacks ‘use the juice from some fish fingers mixed with an old tin of cannelloni beads and bung in someold tinned anchovies to make fish pie’.
A lot of her recipes sound revolting

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Jack Monroe and her vultures are making their rounds, she not TV presenting material simple as, they cannot afford to to employ someone whom is awkward , volatile and unpredictable onscreen, if she was that bothered she would of invested it some camera gear and set up her own YouTube cooking show to practice, considering her girlfriend works in TV it shouldn’t be that hard to get help.

As for the last time Jack didn’t invent cooking on a bloody budget.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.